So Who's Ready for Some Midnight Madness Drafting Out in Vegas?!

Baseball Furies

So Who's Ready for Some Midnight Madness Drafting Out in Vegas?!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm

So once again, it just had to be done. Back by popular demand and a general lack of poor judgement on my part, the third annual installment of "Midnight Madness" will again be hosted at the Friday night MTM NFBC Party as party of the festivities. Greg gave it his blessing and promptly washed his hands of it and put Darik in charge, so he gets the unenviable task of dealing with this group of degenerate fanatics into the wee hours of the morning for what again will be a live, 12-Team Rotowire Championship Event which I am trying to fill at the $750 price point this year to add a little more skin in the game and make it worth the sacrifice of jumping into this late night shark tank! It will count towards the overall and combined contest prizes as it did last year when most of us generously donated to Marc Winokur who was the champion of this league. We started this thing around 11:30 p.m. or so last year, so I'm shooting to give it a go roughly around the same time again as well. And as I said, if memory serves, we banged this baby out with no breaks in about two hours, max. Food and drink were enjoyed before, during, and after which will probably be the case again. So if you want in for this special event which will make this awesome night that much more of a blast, post your name to this thread. And P.S. If you don't party with us, you don't draft with us! Which means, initially, only party attendees need apply. If for some crazy reason I don't fill it with attendees to the party, I may open it up to to guys who only want in for this event. So who else wants a piece of this action? 8-) The sign-ups so far are as follows:

1. MTM
2. Marc Winokur (2018 Champ)
3. Bryan Vogel
4. Rob Giese/Matt Anderson
5. Chad Fleming
6. CJ Kaltenbach
7. Matt Shepherd
8. Dan Semsel
9. Ken Magner/Joe Anthony
10. Scott Feschuk
11. KJ Duke
12. Dorian Kinman

SIGNUP LINK: https://playnfbc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/nfbc-750MTM
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:15 am, edited 12 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: So Who's Ready for Some Midnight Madness Drafting Out in Vegas?!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Now JUST EIGHT SPOTS LEFT! This isn't going to take long, so don't miss out on joining these drunkards! :P :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Looking forward to it Mike! However, I better up my Roofie game :lol:

Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Now JUST SEVEN SPOTS LEFT! 8-) Keep 'em coming, boys! Nothing like some late night drafting delirium! :mrgreen:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:22 pm

This league needs some modification. The setup is not worthy of the massotto midnight madness title.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:01 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:22 pm
This league needs some modification. The setup is not worthy of the massotto midnight madness title.
I'm open to anything to spice things up and up the stakes. Still a work in progress, but there will be a draft, and will be A BLAST in true MTM Tradition! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Now JUST SIX SPOTS LEFT with another Fleming joining the fray! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Now JUST FIVE SPOTS LEFT with Dr. Matt Shepherd, a Midnight Madness past champ, back to avenge a completely shit showing last season. :oops: Must have been the wedding getting the best of him and knocking his priorities all out of whack! :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Giving right of first refusal to returning owners from last year until January 31st, so if you want if want back in for this one, let me know ASAP! Thanks boys.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 am

Now down to JUST THREE SPOTS LEFT! This crew just keep getting motlier and motlier! :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Got our first Canadian in the draft, so may limit it to one more max. Can't allow too much boredom into this event. Now down to JUST TWO SPOTS LEFT! :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:02 pm

NEWS FLASH! This just in. Here's the final word on this draft on how it's all going to go down:

So after a little negotiating and compromising on Greg's part, this draft is going to be run as a 12-team Satellite with a $750 entrance fee paying TOP TWO ONLY and with a less of a vig going to the NFBC. So the prize structure is $7000 for first, $1000 for second, and zip for third. 8-) So it will make for a nice little lottery ticket in true Vegas style with a 1 in 12 shot for some good money. Now this shouldn't take long to attract a couple more sharks with this amount of chum now in the water. So who else wants a piece of this action? And remember, party goers only need apply. :mrgreen: Makes staying up late past your bedtime a little more enticing for some of you lightweights now doesn't it? :P And it will be a live KDS on the spot as always just before draft time which should be around 11:30 p.m. give or take. Last year we banged this puppy out in about two hours start to finish with no breaks. This one is for the hard-core drafting die-hards, boys and girls. :twisted:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:30 am

Now down to JUST ONE GUARANTEED SPOT LEFT! 8-) I'll keep taking sign-ups until I get full commitments from the tentative guys, so post here on this thread if you want in!

sfeschuk

Post by sfeschuk » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:17 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm
Got our first Canadian in the draft, so may limit it to one more max. Can't allow too much boredom into this event. Now down to JUST TWO SPOTS LEFT! :P :lol:

I think the real reason you don't want more Canadians like me is because you made the mistake of making this party an open bar. ;)

Sack

Post by Sack » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Mike:

Are you inviting Lindy or is there a an age requirement that he has surpassed?
Figuring the Pig Farmer can't stay up that late at his age! ;)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:07 am

Sack wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:38 pm
Mike:

Are you inviting Lindy or is there a an age requirement that he has surpassed?
Figuring the Pig Farmer can't stay up that late at his age! ;)

He has of course been invited, and as of today based on his most recent communication to me, he will be a game time decision as will any pig or pigs he would like to bring along. :P :lol: Just make sure you and Joe confirm for the draft with me ASAP.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 am

I jumped the gun on adding Dusty Wagner to this contest. He has since pussed out of it since he found out his boyfriend is doing it, and they don't want any conflicts at home. :P Either that or it was due to the lack of Justin Bieber paraphernalia and swag which will be conspicuously absent from the party much to his chagrin. :oops: So there is still at least ONE GUARANTEED SPOT LEFT for this special satellite league with a serious payout at the top for a 12-team draft. So who's coming to the party who wants the last spot? 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:17 am

With the 2018 DC Overall Champ jumping into the fray, we are now SOLD OUT! 8-) But don't despair, I am taking an alternate or two for the wait list. There is an outside chance that a spot may open up in the next month. So if you're planning on attending the party, and may want in for this draft, please let me know. Going to be an absolute blast as always! :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Darik has created the contest link for this draft, but I'm holding off going live with it for a few more days until I have a definitive owners list with an alternate or two just in case. I'll let everyone as soon as it's live for your sign-ups. As of now, here is the current list of committed participants again:

1. MTM
2. Marc Winokur (2018 Champ)
3. Bryan Vogel
4. Rob Giese/Matt Anderson
5. Chad Fleming
6. Chris Scott Fleming (no relation to the previous Fleming)
7. Matt Shepherd
8. Dan Semsel
9. Ken Magner/Joe Anthony
10. Scott Feschuk
11. KJ Duke
12. Dorian Kinman

As a reminder, this a LIVE special NFBC satellite event with an increased pay top two payout structure since Greg has generously agreed to take less of a vig on it which is sure to make it even that much more interesting that night. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:27 am

I'll be finalizing the commitments to this league soon, so if anyone else wants a piece of this action ($7000 for taking down the league title! 8-) ), let me know and I will put you down as an alternate as there is an outside chance at least one spot may open up in this one. Thanks.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:20 am

Quick update that Jay Lyons has graciously agreed to be a first alternate for the Midnight Madness Draft just in case to bail us all out in a pinch like if someone were to puss out at the last minute or something similarly idiotic were to happen. Some one would say that it would be equally idiotic to add Jay to this draft, but that wouldn't be me. :P :lol:

COZ

Post by COZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:20 am
Quick update that Jay Lyons has graciously agreed to be a first alternate for the Midnight Madness Draft just in case to bail us all out in a pinch like if someone were to puss out at the last minute or something similarly idiotic were to happen. Some one would say that it would be equally idiotic to add Jay to this draft, but that wouldn't be me. :P :lol:
As Jay Lyon's counsel & agent, I can unequivocally state it would in no way be "idiotic" to add Mr. Lyons to this draft. Furthermore, I would state that Mr. Lyons is not some bench warmer who you can call up "just in case, to bail y'all out in a pinch." Jay, I mean Mr. Lyons, is not some mere "First Alternate," for your silly Midnight Madness to call up to your suite like some hooker on call. He has many other social events & activities already lined up for that evening so ya either lock him up now or he will engage in other, more prestigious social engagements for that evening. Should you acquiesce to his demand to be addd to the Midnight Madness Draft (really original name, btw), Jay will also require, at the start of the draft, an entire case of COLD (not lukewarm) King of Beers BUD LIGHT for himself & himself only to get through the draft, a side of cold Fiji bottled water (large size), a shrimp cocktail, and a bowl of peanut M& M's (no specific colors are required; he is not Beyonce-level-high-maintence, but he is close). And, this is a must, please keep John Pausma & Doug Gruber out of the room & away from Jay during the draft...I mean during his selections. Jay does not merely "draft," he selects & has no time to be bothered by their respective obsequiousness. Oh, and please keep the idle chit-chat to a minimum while Mr. Lyons is on the clock. And a roast beef sandwich on a crispy baugette roll (no cheese) with a side of horseradish at the half-way point of the draft would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your accommodations, MtM, your efforts are, as always, much appreciated. Mr. Lyons looks forward to the selection of eligible players to his team at the Midnight hour.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

COZ wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:20 am
As Jay Lyon's counsel & agent, I can unequivocally state it would in no way be "idiotic" to add Mr. Lyons to this draft. Furthermore, I would state that Mr. Lyons is not some bench warmer who you can call up "just in case, to bail y'all out in a pinch." Jay, I mean Mr. Lyons, is not some mere "First Alternate," for your silly Midnight Madness to call up to your suite like some hooker on call. He has many other social events & activities already lined up for that evening so ya either lock him up now or he will engage in other, more prestigious social engagements for that evening. Should you acquiesce to his demand to be addd to the Midnight Madness Draft (really original name, btw), Jay will also require, at the start of the draft, an entire case of COLD (not lukewarm) King of Beers BUD LIGHT for himself & himself only to get through the draft, a side of cold Fiji bottled water (large size), a shrimp cocktail, and a bowl of peanut M& M's (no specific colors are required; he is not Beyonce-level-high-maintence, but he is close). And, this is a must, please keep John Pausma & Doug Gruber out of the room & away from Jay during the draft...I mean during his selections. Jay does not merely "draft," he selects & has no time to be bothered by their respective obsequiousness. Oh, and please keep the idle chit-chat to a minimum while Mr. Lyons is on the clock. And a roast beef sandwich on a crispy baugette roll (no cheese) with a side of horseradish at the half-way point of the draft would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your accommodations, MtM, your efforts are, as always, much appreciated. Mr. Lyons looks forward to the selection of eligible players to his team at the Midnight hour.

Thank you counselor. I think your client, should we require the pleasure of his services, will be duly serviced to have his needs met to the best of my abilities during the aforementioned festivities. If it pleases the court, I move to adjourn now until Vegas. :mrgreen:

RobG

Post by RobG » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 am

Well said Coz,

With that, the Northsiders Slappy dynamic duo would like to give up their spot to Jay so that he can prove he is no bench warmer. We will then become consultants on hand to provide him a drink if he so wishes for one.
Rob Giese

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm

RobG wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 am
Well said Coz,

With that, the Northsiders Slappy dynamic duo would like to give up their spot to Jay so that he can prove he is no bench warmer. We will then become consultants on hand to provide him a drink if he so wishes for one.
Just to clarify publicly as I did privately and so politely to you earlier today, Rob, THERE WILL BE NO BAILING BY YOU OR THE BOY WONDER FROM THIS DRAFT! Lyons and whatever remaining brain cells he may have at the time is wait-listed should anyone have the audacity to decide to actually not participate in the 11th hour...which would be good for Lyons, but not so good for the one who bailed on me. That is all and get ready to party on dudes!