Suggestion...

ToddZ

Suggestion...

Post by ToddZ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:39 pm

Would it be possible to set up a sub-forum for Sign up lists? Granted, there isn't much traffic, but for those following the baseball discussions, logging on and seeing a new topic, a reply to an old topic or the same last post tells us if there's anything new to check out. The "7 spots left..." bury the discussions many come to see.

Thanks for considering.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Frozen Tundra

Re: Suggestion...

Post by Frozen Tundra » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:01 am

This is an excellent suggestion!
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

An ironic bump through all the '7 spots left'... :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 am

I will take the other side of this one I guess. I think the number one thing is to get more people playing this game. The easier it is to see what contests are available, to see the signups, etc. - the better in my opinion. If having the contest signup info on the message board landing page helps in that endeavor then I think it is in the right spot. The addition of the chat room on the contest page is awesome. I see a lot of new people asking about events. The boards themselves....well - that needs to get improved technologically but sounds like that comes at a cost of some history preservation. Whatever the case - great to have a community of baseball enthusiasts and a forum to express some of that.

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:46 am

JohnP wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 am
I will take the other side of this one I guess. I think the number one thing is to get more people playing this game. The easier it is to see what contests are available, to see the signups, etc. - the better in my opinion. If having the contest signup info on the message board landing page helps in that endeavor then I think it is in the right spot. The addition of the chat room on the contest page is awesome. I see a lot of new people asking about events. The boards themselves....well - that needs to get improved technologically but sounds like that comes at a cost of some history preservation. Whatever the case - great to have a community of baseball enthusiasts and a forum to express some of that.
With this reasoning, the way it is now is sub-optimal since there are rare times the most recent post isn't a league update. Both forums would appear on the landing page with all the other ones. How many people look at Dan's sub-forum on the landing page to see if he's posted something new?

Perhaps have the league info the top forum with discussion the second from October to March then flip them from April to September, not that the order should help/hurt traffic either way.

Subscribe HERE

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:45 am

I suggest a Live Chat by Lord Zola starting today to make sure everyone comes to the Message Boards to not only converse with him but to also see the latest online leagues with 'ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT". That's the best of both worlds.

Todd, ready to lead off some baseball talk on the boards? Let's see if that gets things rolling toward the launch of spring training. Deal?

We can discuss this Arizona Fall League Speakers DC League we're both participating in. The run of Starting Pitchers and the lack of speed are already worthy topics.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 am

Works for me!

Subscribe HERE

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 am

ToddZ wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 am
Works for me!
Look for a separate thread shortly. Thanks man.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm

Retailers put impulse buys where the highest traffic is in their store.
Move the threads for signups off the General Discussion and casual readers won’t notice the “One Spot Left” posts.

Consider posting a vanishing thread in General that highlights any league needing 2 or fewer to fill. Then delete it when the league fills.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz