Live Chat With Lord Zola RIGHT NOW!!

ToddZ

Re: Live Chat With Lord Zola RIGHT NOW!!

Post by ToddZ » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am

Gb2715 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:57 am
Grabbed Corbin as my 1st pitcher in an OC. Great start to hitting but not sold on my pitching. What are your thoughts on Corbin? Can he anchor a staff?
I prefer to look at the entirety of a staff as opposed to an anchor. He's about SP13 for me, so I suppose technically, yes, that's an anchor. I'm not a fan of Corbin at his price, too much recency bias with no injury-risk discount baked in. That said, what he did last season was real, and fully supported by the underlying metrics. Plus, he got better as the season wore on.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:39 pm

ToddZ wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am
Gb2715 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:57 am
Grabbed Corbin as my 1st pitcher in an OC. Great start to hitting but not sold on my pitching. What are your thoughts on Corbin? Can he anchor a staff?
I prefer to look at the entirety of a staff as opposed to an anchor. He's about SP13 for me, so I suppose technically, yes, that's an anchor. I'm not a fan of Corbin at his price, too much recency bias with no injury-risk discount baked in. That said, what he did last season was real, and fully supported by the underlying metrics. Plus, he got better as the season wore on.

I ended up with Corbin, Folty, Ray, Happ and Pivetta as my first 5 Not ecstatic but I think it can work. Probably have a lot of work to do in FAAB for this league.

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 pm

I've never been very good at this market thing so pardon the gratuitous plug.

Part of my subscription content is a Cutline Ranking Spreadsheet. Here's a demo how it works. Subscription info is in my signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNqANn ... tu.be&hd=1

Subscribe HERE

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:34 pm

FYI -- I'll be making my SiriusXM debut as a co-host this Sunday, February 10 from 1-3 PM ET. Derek VanRiper or Jeff Erickson will be the lead host through March with me alongside, then we'll see what happens once the season begins.

Subscribe HERE