THE 2019 MTM ULTIMATE HITS ROCK BOTTOM IN ITS 8th SEASON!

Baseball Furies

THE 2019 MTM ULTIMATE HITS ROCK BOTTOM IN ITS 8th SEASON!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 am

Yes, fantasy baseball fans and enthusiasts of the NFBC, it has finally come to this. The once most prestigious event filled with top-notch, elite competitors that the NFBC had to offer, has been distilled down to a cesspool, half-filled with hapless wannabes hoping to hit it big akin to playing scratch off lottery tickets only with $5000 bills (Quick Trivia: Yes, there once was a $5000 bill minted in the US which featured President James Madison. However, such things can only be found now in David Einhorn's executive washroom which he keeps on hand for wiping his ass and his tears away given the way this past year has gone for him including the first year shellacking he took in this draft last season. :oops: :P :lol:

In this photo: Einhorn's "Really MTM? I can buy and sell your fucking, Jersey, guinea ass or make you disappear for life with one phone call" Face :lol:

Now the interesting thing is, that when I originally did a search for a gif of David Einhorn, no shit, this is one of the images that came up:

Now I know what you're thinking. What does one of Kessenich's Vegas fetish hook-ups have to do with a billionaire NFBC competitor? I think this bears some need of investigation. :shock: :lol:

Okay now where was I? Oh yes, this train wreck of an MTM Ultimate field. How bad did it get at one point? Gekko tried to petition his way in at the last minute with so much chum in the water, but was denied by upper management because the last thing you want to do when your premiere event is being featured again live nationally on Sirius XM radio this year is have this year's NFBC HOF inductee included in it. Makes perfect sense to me. :roll: So better luck next year, Srebro. Hopefully by 2020, I'll have had time weed out some of the riff-raff and be able to once again take control of my own "invitational". Probably better off though, because if Gekko did make the cut, I may have been forced to rename the event "Drafters and a Douchebag", but again I digress. :twisted:

So here's what we got going down this year again in NYC the night of Friday, The Ides of March, at the Stewart Hotel. How apropos that this draft will again be held in what equates to a sewer with windows as far as NYC hotels go. But hey, it's cheap and there's no extra charge for the cockroaches and bed bugs which coincidentally are also on the buffet. And for those of you not up on your history, The Ides of March is the date that corresponds to the 15th of March on the Roman Calendar. It was traditionally marked by several religious observances, and was notable for the Romans as a deadline for settling debts. So sorry Greg, no payments of my entry fees until then! :mrgreen: But then again, it also became notorious in 44 BC as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar, so don't get all nostalgic on me, Einhorn, and try to pull something I'm going to regret. :o I know I've been tough on you so far in this post, but you still have time to make it up to me by picking up the after party tab for the league. The $10 tip you flipped us last year didn't cut it. :P See, karma bro'. Karma. It's a bitch...then you marry one...or have to divorce one...but this is an entirely different sore subject. Let's just leave it at that. I really may need to consider some therapy. What's Dr. Ruth up to these days? :idea:

Okay, back to the event. We will again be graced with the pro draft facilitation of Adam Ronis of scoutfantasy.com and of Sirius XM fame on Monday night's with the Lisa Ann Does Fantasy show.

No, she's not coming...at least not to the draft. :mrgreen:

And as Greg has noted elsewhere, the draft will again be broadcast live that night, with a lot of us on the air prior to the event starting around 7:30 p.m. EST, so be sure to listen in. It's sure to be roughly a thousand times more entertaining than any of the Tout Wars drafts you may be thinking of subjecting yourself to. :roll: As marginal as some of this competition may be this year, especially for me to have to lower myself to take on, most of these dudes are the true experts who put their money where their mouths are. So while they're anteing up $5000 for one stand alone league for a shot at a $40,000 first prize, these Tout "experts" will be drafting in the same building for the prize of who gets to buy Zola's supply of Skittles for the next year.

There will be all the special MTM extras that I like to throw in each year for the competitors, and of course the now famous "Iron Balls" KDS draft position draw which will this year feature these babies designed and ordered just for this special event! 8-)

Nice souvenirs for all the draft competitors, as inferior as most may be! :lol: Truthfully, I'm about as confused as a baby raccoon when it comes to knowing who some of these guys are. I mean, I feel like Joe Thelen does most of the draft when his name is called to make a pick.

Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

But there is no confusing who THE MAN was last year. Jason Duponte took down the 2018 league title with a furious last month surge that had him juggernaut his way to the top of the standings, leaving two previous champions of this event, Mike Mager and yours truly, to the scraps of second and third place respectively with his relatively comfortable eight point margin of victory. Jason will be duly honored prior to this year's event with his coronation and the presentation of the mother of all league trophies as his name will join the pantheon of champions engraved on it for all posterity.

And finally, no MTM Ultimate Event would be complete without the traditional late night steak and beverages at a nearby venue to be determined shortly. Details to follow on these boards, and as always, any and all NFBC participants in town for the live events this weekend are welcome to join us in the revelry in celebration of our collective greatness! :mrgreen: 8-)

So here once again is the competitors list of the 2019 MTM NFBC ULTIMATE. Feel free to roast one and all accordingly as you see fit, and be sure to listen in. It's going to be a blast as always!

1. Jason Duponte
2. Michael Mager
3. Daniel Semsel
4. David Einhorn
5. Mike Massotto
6. Kent Stermon
7. Samuel Horton
8. Matt Modica
9. Leonard Ringle
10. Michael Edelman
11. Scott Fleming
12. Simon Hanft
13. Anthony Palavis
14. Joe Thelen
15. Marc Perlmutter
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: THE 2019 MTM ULTIMATE HITS ROCK BOTTOM IN ITS 8th SEASON!

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 am

Well that went over well! Talk about a bombardment of texts today. :mrgreen: Nothing like a dose of good clean ball-busting, roasting, and trash- talking to get the ball rolling with this year's MTM Ultimate thread. :lol: Thanks for all the suggestions. All have been duly noted, logged, and mostly ignored, but I'll do my best to keep adding some interesting and thought-provoking content here over the coming days. So be sure to check in from time to time as we get closer to big event which is just a little over four weeks away! 8-)

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:19 pm

Just an update that I spent some time today working on securing us an appropriate post-draft festivities venue which isn't the easiest thing to do in this area of Lower West Jabbib, Manhattan, but it'll happen. I expect that as per tradition, ALL of the esteemed MTM competitors will be in attendance. Limo Bus leaves at midnight! Yes, my latest brainstorm. Work in progress. Details here soon. May have to pass the hat on this one, but well worth it if I can pull it off. Stay tuned bitches! Or in this case would it be bastards? :? :mrgreen:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Any league with MTM in it has to be considered weak-ass! Hence my interest!

Gods of Randomness, PLEASE place MTM in my main event league. PLEASE :twisted:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:08 pm

And if any current participants want me to take their place within the next week or so, please let me know and I can move some leagues/funds around. It would be good to crush MTM yet again, and esp so in his signature event.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am

Gekko wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Any league with MTM in it has to be considered weak-ass! Hence my interest!

Gods of Randomness, PLEASE place MTM in my main event league. PLEASE :twisted:
No idea why you would wish this upon yourself, Gekko. From my recollection, the only Main Event that we have been in together to date, you barely beat me out for the league title. Now no sour grapes from you. There are plenty of nice Draft Champions Leagues available every day that are filling up with fantasy baseball drafting invalids that you can jump into so that you can add to your prestigious total of weak-ass wins you've amassed over the years. You'd unfortunately do no better than a sixth place finish or so in the MTM Ultimate. Far too many guys of a superior skill set who have you pegged for your taste. :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Yeah boys, The MTM Ultimate Competitors with be chauffeured in style this year for the post draft festivities! No more braving the elements as we navigate the streets of Manhattan in the wee hours of the morning to get back and forth to and from a sub-par dining venue after the draft. So I have decided to go for it and worked to secure us a very reasonably priced limo bus for that evening to take us back and forth to Rosie O'Grady's as we will again be returning to our old haunt for some late night steak dinners and adult beverages. 8-) I'm working on the final arrangements for this as well now, and should have confirmation by tomorrow, so look for all the details soon. So now when the draft is complete, no need to scatter back to the hotel rooms to drop stuff off or pick stuff up. Just bring what you need to the event, and it can all be secured on our private transportation for the evening as we will all board together from the Stewart Hotel, and head over to Rosie's immediately after the event. :D It's a 16 passenger at a time maximum, but we should be fine and multiple trips back and forth as needed can be arranged during the course of the time I have the limo bus reserved. Only the best for the MTM Ultimate, and the NFBC's
premiere league of all league here on the East Coast!

P.S. Just don't tell Einhorn he's footing the bill for the entire thing. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Now that the luxury transportation has been secured, so now has the venue for the post-event festivities as we will again be returning to the official late night spot of the MTM Ultimate, Rosie O'Grady's Steakhouse and Bar after a one year hiatus last year to a different venue close to the Stewart Hotel. Lesson learned on that one, so now it's back to our regular place without the need for the two mile walk given our door-to-door limo bus service thanks to the extreme generosity of Billionaire MTM Ultimate competitor, David Einhorn. ( A fact known only to me at this point, but I'll break it to him that night on the bus and see how it goes.) :lol: :lol: :lol: So rather than start an entirely separate thread for this, I'll just start the guest list here. Of course all MTM Ultimate competitors should be sure to make their attendance mandatory for these festivities since no one needs to be up early the next morning for the Main Event...unlike senselessly for the Vegas Main Events that will be going off at the crack of dawn the following Saturday, but I digress. :roll: So no excuses. It is tradition, that the competitors of the MTM Ultimate will be breaking bread, enjoying a few beverages, and regaling each other with the tales of their respective draft brilliance and/or stupidity once the blood bath of the actual draft is complete.

And as always, what would make it even better would be to have as many NFBC'ers as possible who will be in town that night attend as well. So no matter if you're drafting that Friday in the auctions or the next day in the live events on Saturday, I am opening up this get together for any and all who would like to join us. Adam Ronis from Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio is planning to be there again after lending his talents as celebrity draft facilitator for the MTM Ultimate. So if you would like to attend, please post your name to this thread and I will add you to the list. I need a headcount for the restaurant because they will be keeping the kitchen open late for us, and I had to leave a deposit this year. The last time we there, I think it ended up being about $70-$75 per head including drinks and tip all in when all was said and done for those of you who need an idea of what to budget. Then again, it'll all probably be free since I'm going to get Einhorn to pay for this, too. ;) :mrgreen: It's sure to be a blast again, and a great opportunity to meet and hang out with your fellow competitors who share the same fanaticism and love for this hobby/obsession as you do. So who is in? The current sign-up list is below. 8-)

1. MTM
2. Ante Meich
3. Sam Horton
4. Anthony Palavis
5. Eric Burd
6. Simon Hanft
7. Kent Stermon
8. Mike Mager
9. Jason Duponte
10. Adam Ronis
11. Dan Semsel
12. Joe Thelen
13. Marc Perlmutter
14. Leonard Ringle
15. Mike Edleman
16. David Einhorn (tentative :P )

:arrow: Limo Bus capacity is 16, but a second transport back and forth can easily be arranged for anyone who would like to join us beyond the 16 currently on this list. 8-)

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Mike,

I'm in for all MTM sanctioned events in NY/LV. This has become my favorite league and thanks for going out of your way to make it special. Get the IRON BALLS ready!

Jason

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Red Sox Nation- wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm
Mike,

I'm in for all MTM sanctioned events in NY/LV. This has become my favorite league and thanks for going out of your way to make it special. Get the IRON BALLS ready!

Jason
Would expect nothing less, Champ. Polishing my balls as we speak. :mrgreen: Going to be a blast and I love doing it!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:33 am

Since there are several new competitors to the league this year, I have asked them all to submit some short bios on themselves so that we can all get to know them a little better. As always, The MTM Ultimate Competition always attracts some interesting characters, so let's meet some of the newbies, shall we?

Co-owners, Anthony Palavis and Eric Burd: In the NFBC, they are better known as "Chico Lind's Hermanos" which people may not know is Spanish for "Redneck Fat Asses". Once consumed an entire NFBC buffet in several deep breaths only to go back for seconds after Greg had the hotel send out the Hot Pockets which was actually the main course. Their turn-ons include Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, and Gummy Women. Gunning to finish higher than their collective cholesterol totals in the Main Event standings this year. Officially made it a two-trip process back and forth to Rosie O'Grady's with the limo bus with their entry into the league due to both seating and weight limitations of the vehicle.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Simon Hanft: Was once told that fantasy baseball isn't rocket science, so he became a neurosurgeon. Now practices gynecology and proctology in his spare time due to his affinity for holes which explains his superior golf game. Used to being the richest man in the room until joining the MTM Ultimate and finding out he couldn't carry Einhorn's jockstrap. Increased his malpractice insurance in advance of the outcome of his draft in this one. Intends to nobly donate his body to science. Only problem is, he's leaving it to Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Sam Horton: Yet another M.D. ("Misfit Drafter") that has found his way into the MTM Ultimate, this one a Dermatopathologist. Wants to make it clear that this is a much more advanced field than plain old dermatology, but still enjoys pleasuring himself regularly to episodes of Dr. Pimple Popper. Lifelong Cubs fan who was inspired to get into medicine when convinced it was a sign that a mole on his penis bore a striking resemblance to Leon Durham. Favorite pastimes include spending quality time with his family, especially his three girls, Melanoma, Rosacea, and Scleroderma, and his son, Impetigo. Also enjoys taking long walks with his Irish Setter, Scabies. Promised not to be contagious by draft day.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:10 am

Leonard Ringle: Tax attorney (which is code for "IRS DOUCHE LACKEY"), and yet another newbie to the MTM Ultimate. More boring than Jupinka and Childs put together on their best days, and just as entertaining. Was once arrested for putting an entire audience of other tax lawyers into a collective coma within 10 minutes of the start of his presentation. Baseball is his only interest that currently gives his life any meaning...that and his deep cover operation into revealing Donald Trump's tax returns; which ironically he had the pleasure of fabricating for him for several years with such creative, itemized business deductions as spray tan, small rodents, and hand jobs. Fun fact: Originally from Brooklyn, he once auditioned for the classic sitcom Welcome Back Kotter insisting on trying out for the role of Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington, which didn't go well being that he lacked a single cool bone in his entire body...and is white.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 am

Matt Modica: Fantasy sports industry guy who currently works for The Athletic, which marks the first time his name and "athletic" have appeared in the same sentence since his grammar school kickball days. Case in point: first time he participated live in the MTM Ultimate a few years back, he sweat through two shirts, and that was just getting through the KDS draw. Fancies himself quite the traveler having lived all over the US from NY to LA to Hawaii to Chicago just to name a few. He calls it "wanderlust", which is a nice euphemism for the Federal Witness Protection Program. I don't want to insinuate mob ties here, but he often drafts with not only a cheat sheet, but a newspaper wrapped fish for afterwards just in case someone snipes of him out a player he wants. Personal interests include feigning sabermetrics, being pussy whipped, and drafting any pitcher this year who could be confused as a relative of Dusty Wagner's man crush, Justin Bieber.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:37 am

What’s that now? Justin is a better name than Shane any day of the week... Shane. Pshhhhh

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Kent Stermon: Also a returning alum to the MTM Ultimate, booted his first time around after wearing a sheet with holes cut into it for the draft, and when called on it, said it was his "ghost costume". Then later started working for the Florida Republican Party. Initially insisted when he first met me that I was a dead ringer for a 1980's professional wrestler, which is understandable when he himself is a miniature version of King Kong Bundy. His terrible drafting skills are only surpassed by the faint strumming of unnerving, Deliverance banjo music you swear you hear every time he makes a pick. He includes hand guns, hog jowls, and horse hockey on his list of favorite things he likes to try to sneak on airplanes when traveling out of state.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 am

David Einhorn: Former billionaire whiz kid who earned this title for not only being sharp on the investment front, but also for his fondness for golden showers. Decided last year to jump into the MTM Ultimate with the big boys, and we all knew instantly he was in over his head by round two when he asked the draft facilitator if he could buy a vowel. Completely lost his shit when I had the audacity to refer to him as "Dave" when we first met, and quickly set me straight that he preferred to be called, "Richie Rich". Always leaves his restaurant servers the best tips...his favorite being "don't eat yellow snow" scrawled on the dinner receipt. Bought out the NFBC as he was reading this just so he could charge me a 100% markup on my entry fees to get even.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:32 am

And in case you missed them from a couple years back, here are the bios I tweaked a bit of the other returning competitors to the MTM Ultimate just for your edification and reading pleasure: :mrgreen:

Scott Fleming: Specifically asked him not to send me one of his old cop head shots, but he refused. Long-time friend of mine via the NFBC, who's been living on borrowed time since the day I met him. Suffers from more chronic and acute health maladies than most people living in Ghana. Discovered after the fact he drafted the entire 2015 MTM event suffering from a mild strain of bubonic plague. Puts in an ungodly number of overtime hours than just to keep up with his wife's champagne tastes which unfortunately for him are the equivalent of Cristal for everything.

Mike Mager: The 2017 MTM Champion. After winning the money, finally got laid with his wife's blessing. What he lacks in overall coolness, he more than makes up for with his snappy wardrobe choices. In case you were wondering, he's that guy who blankets the toilet seat in public restrooms with half a roll of paper before he goes, and then leaves it there for the next person. Believes "niceness" to be his best trait, followed by his passion for truth, justice, and the American way.

Mike Edelman: Been using computers for fantasy baseball since before they were invented. Often surfs porn sites and plays a little World of Warcraft during live drafts just to break up the monotony. Holds most of his fellow competitors in disdain, but will still condescend to draft with them at the right price point. Never met a mouse he didn't like...for his anus.

Joe Thelen: Sent me this photo of him at the 2014 MTM event. Incredibly won the title that year despite this being his regular posture during the draft. Often fakes out the competition by feigning either a heart attack, Alzheimer's, or drunkenness, all of which he utilizes interchangeably. An extremely secretive and private person, he will often call ahead to make sure that he won't be caught on camera with the likes of Lisa Anne for fear of his wife beating the shit out of him.

Gaetan Lavoie: The semi-silent partner of Dan Semsel, affectionately known as "Frenchy" for his French Canadian heritage, and now you know why. Employs various bad drafting strategies each year usually beginning with either eight straight pitchers or eight straight hitters, which is about as "straight" as you'll get with him...not that there is anything wrong with that. Still won't give up his Blackberry or his insanely overbearing job which forces him to use it...and us to endure him during DC's. As a result, he is often forced to make picks as relayed via the Canadian consulate. Favorite indulgence when he visits New York City: Temperatures in the 40's.

Jason Duponte: Reigning MTM Ultimate Champ. Touts himself as not only a great fantasy player, but quite the ladies man as well. Voted "New England's Lady Killer" of the Year nine times running in unofficial social media polls conducted by himself on Twitter, Snap Chat, and Grindr. Has a huge man crush on Mookie Betts, and proclaimed everywhere last year that Betts was the best player in baseball since Ted Williams. Stalked Betts so much during the 2017 and 2018 seasons on line and otherwise, he now has an ankle bracelet and a temporary restraining order to prove it. Fun fact: Second worst Boston accent in the NFBC.

Marc Perlmutter: Ivy League educated, and any more cerebral, he'd need a larger skull. Uses fantasy baseball not as an outlet, but as an inlet for infusing himself with a good dose of stupidity to balance out his chakras. Once drafted an entire team using the Periodic Table as his cheat sheet. The inaugural season winner of the MTM Event, the joke was on all of us who mocked his pocket protector and matching sweater vest. When you meet him for the first time, you would lay money he has someone chained up in his cellar.

Dan Semsel: Career military man who recently received an honorable discharge (aka forced retirement) when he began insisting that his men refer to him as "Captain Crunch" in the gym even though he held the rank of Colonel. This followed on the heels of his demands of being called everything from "General Admission" to "Sir Mix-a-Lot". Now a civilian, he spends his days running hundreds of senseless and unnecessary miles after 25 years of doing the same in the military while at least getting paid for it. His first year in the MTM, he decided the smart thing to do would be to pair up with someone. Unfortunately for him, he chose to do so with the fantasy baseball equivalent of Inspector Clouseau.

Todd Zola: Oops! Forgot. He's not in this league. :twisted:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Greg just made it official today that The MTM Ultimate Event will be again be covered by SiriusXM (as if there would be any doubt given the ELITE and PRESTIGIOUS nature of this league ;) ). So get to the venue as early as you can on the 15th if you're not drafting in the auction leading into this draft so you can get some air time during the preview show which starts at 7:00 p.m. EST that night leading into the draft at 8:00 p.m. EST. The crowning of last year's champ will take place around 7:45 p.m. with the "Iron Balls" KDS draw for draft positions taking place immediately afterwards.

A full itinerary of the evening will be posted here on this thread soon.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Just so everyone knows, despite the harsh initiation and "hazing" of the newbies to the MTM Ultimate, all the owners in this ELITE league are well taken care of, so no one gets left out, and all must represent that day. Wear your "ULTIMATE NEW YORK" jerseys for the big night now just 12 days away! :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 am

Last year at the crowning of the only two-time champion of the MTM Ultimate League, Grandpa Joe Thelen. That's one kick ass trophy, gents! This year we will be crowning the 2018 champ, Jason "what accent?" Duponte, just before the 2019 draft gets under way as he has now been forever immortalized with his plaque added to the trophy of all past league winners. Quite the piece of hardware to add to his mantle until I reclaim from him this year! :mrgreen:

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:11 am

So who’s got a worse Boston accent?

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Ultrarunner wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:11 am
So who’s got a worse Boston accent?
I sound like a radio host next to Jody Ryan. No one can compete with him for worst accent.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 pm

The chicks dig the long ball and the Vegas ones love the accent.. :D :D
jody ryan