SOLD OUT: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Tom Kessenich

SOLD OUT: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:39 am

We're less than three weeks away from the Live Events in New York. That means it's time to start locking in our remaining leagues. We will shut off the Saturday Main Event with three leagues so if you want to sign up NOW is the time to get in. Once we get the 45th signup in NY that's it so let's get this done and lock it all down.

We also have spots remaining in our final open $1,400 auction on Friday afternoon at 4 pm ET. If you want to get into one of these leagues or both sign up on the site or email me at [email protected] and I'll help you get your spot reserved.

Who wants to join us in New York next month for a great weekend of Live Events? Let's do this.

NEW YORK
Stewart Hotel
Saturday, March 16, 1 pm ET
1. Richard Talley
2. Michael Mager
3. David Einhorn
4. Mike Massotto
5. Samuel Horton
6. Doug Cassidy
7. Michael Edelman
8. Philippe Dussault
9. Ray Murphy
10. Mark Srebro/Jason Emma
11. Andy Saxton
12. Anthony Palavis
13. Stephen Jupinka
14. Michael DeCavalcante
15. Lopi Asch
16. Kevin Grady
17. Nelson Martinez
18. Errol Thompson
19. Edward Swartz
20. Mike Duggan
21. John Hamon
22. mike brace
23. Andre Bourcier
24. Josh Jantas
25. Raymond Ventura
26. alex Blumenthal
27. Ante Meich
28. Ned Donohue
29. Christopher Vaccaro
30. Christopher Squillace
31. Ryan Bloomfield
32. Salvatore Acquista
33. Gregg Beinin
34. thomas eshenfelder
35. Glenn Lowy
36. Stephen Bennette
37. Michael Palmer
38. Justin Salinger
39. Paul Kastava
40. Scott Feschuk
41. Scott Kaplan
42. Marc Pelmutter
43. James Maples
44. Dave Cushard (O)
45. Brian Slack (O) (tentative)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Bronx Yankees

Re: 14 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm

If there is anyone out there on the fence about joining us in NYC, I just want to say that the NFBC live events are an awesome time. While drafting on-line can be a lot of fun, it really does not compare, at all, to the live drafting experience. The NFBC puts on top-notch drafts, and it is great to get together with and get to know fellow fantasy baseball enthusiasts/obsessives. Honestly, every year gets better and better as I get to know more folks. (Don't tell my family, but the NYC and Vegas drafts are my two favorite weekends of the year. :lol: )

Also, if folks do decide to take the plunge, try to leave time to socialize. My first time drafting live, I made the mistake of traveling into NYC, drafting, and then leaving very shortly thereafter. Now, I try to take full advantage of the weekend. For instance, I'm guessing Andy Saxton will be arranging some get-together, probably at an Irish bar, for some or all nights during the weekend. Those always are a great time. Also, as Mike Massotto's (MTM) thread on the Ultimate draft indicates, folks will be heading over (apparently in style) to a post-draft steak dinner late Friday night. You don't have to be in the league to go to the dinner; I tagged along to the dinner a year before I joined the league. That's also a great time eating, drinking, and talking baseball and fantasy baseball.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Tom Kessenich

Re: 14 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Bronx Yankees wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm
If there is anyone out there on the fence about joining us in NYC, I just want to say that the NFBC live events are an awesome time. While drafting on-line can be a lot of fun, it really does not compare, at all, to the live drafting experience. The NFBC puts on top-notch drafts, and it is great to get together with and get to know fellow fantasy baseball enthusiasts/obsessives. Honestly, every year gets better and better as I get to know more folks. (Don't tell my family, but the NYC and Vegas drafts are my two favorite weekends of the year. :lol: )

Also, if folks do decide to take the plunge, try to leave time to socialize. My first time drafting live, I made the mistake of traveling into NYC, drafting, and then leaving very shortly thereafter. Now, I try to take full advantage of the weekend. For instance, I'm guessing Andy Saxton will be arranging some get-together, probably at an Irish bar, for some or all nights during the weekend. Those always are a great time. Also, as Mike Massotto's (MTM) thread on the Ultimate draft indicates, folks will be heading over (apparently in style) to a post-draft steak dinner late Friday night. You don't have to be in the league to go to the dinner; I tagged along to the dinner a year before I joined the league. That's also a great time eating, drinking, and talking baseball and fantasy baseball.

Mike
Great post Mike and thanks. Yeah, the live draft experience can't be beat. I'm a tad bit biased :) but I see it with everyone who participates each year. There's nothing like being at the table and seeing everyone you'll be competing against all season long. And then like you said there's plenty of opportunities to socialize and get to know one another better. It makes for a really special and fun-filled weekend.

So if folks are in NY or can travel there next month I hope you'll come and join us at the Stewart Hotel. We'll have a lot of fun and there's one more big announcement we'll be making soon that we believe will make the weekend even more exciting. So sign up for the remaining Main Event league or the Friday auction or BOTH and have fun and then kick some behind and win big money this year.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Re: 12 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Bumping this up because there is absolutely NO WAY there shouldn't be three full live Main Event leagues in NYC on Saturday, March 16th. So jump into what is the best LIVE fantasy baseball drafting experience in the industry today, bar none (mainly because I'll be there :mrgreen: ). Plus I'll fix it with Greg and Tom to put me in a league with all the new sign ups so everyone will have a leg up going in. It's easy money and like drafting in a 14 team league instead with me as a dead spot right out of the gate. So make your collective ways out of your parents basements, and take me on live in NYC!

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 am

yes, if anyone is on the fence for NYC, it would be wise financially to sign up for the chance to be put in a league with Baseball Furies (MTM). he may be the weakest player in the contest. heck, i'm thinking of having my partner get his own NYC main event team so we can assure ourselves of competing against MTM.

EASY. MONEY.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Greg, it's time to crank up the NFBC Marketing and PR departments to get a third live Main Event league filled two weeks from today. So no more bullshit online entries for that day. Just tell people if they make it into New York, you'll make them an offer they can't refuse. This being said, The MTM NFBC Saturday Main Event still needs about 12 more entrants, so let's make it happen! I will bring special souvenirs for all entrants to this draft. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:27 am

And if you can fill fours spots in a Diamond Auction at $10,000 a pop, I think with a little attention and effort, you can fill one more Main Event league in NYC on the 16th. That's about half as much in total entry fees for 12 more spots in the Main as compared to the four in the Diamond Auction. Where there is a will, there is a way. Let's do it!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm

This thread needs to be updated because obviously all the new sign ups who were marketed and recruited this weekend have yet to be added to the list. We should have three full Main Event leagues in NY by this time next week. No excuses! :oops:

Tom Kessenich

Re: 11 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 pm

ELEVEN spots now left for the FINAL Main Event in New York on March 16. This is it people. Once we get the 45th signup - and we WILL get that signup - we are closing off Registration. So do not delay if you want to join us LIVE in New York and win $150,000 this year. Sign up on the site or email me at [email protected] and I'll get your spot reserved.

NEW YORK
Stewart Hotel
1. Richard Talley
2. Michael Mager
3. David Einhorn
4. Mike Massotto
5. Samuel Horton
6. Doug Cassidy
7. Michael Edelman
8. Philippe Dussault
9. Ray Murphy
11. Andy Saxton
12. Anthony Palavis
13. Stephen Jupinka
14. Michael DeCavalcante
15. Lopi Asch
16. Kevin Grady
17. Nelson Martinez
18. Errol Thompson
19. Edward Swartz
20. Mike Duggan
21. John Hamon
22. mike brace
23. Andre Bourcier
24. Josh Jantas
25. Raymond Ventura
26. alex Blumenthal
27. Ante Meich
28. Ned Donohue
29. Christopher Vaccaro
31. Ryan Bloomfield
32. Salvatore Acquista
33. Gregg Beinin
34. thomas eshenfelder
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Re: 10 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Making headway! Let's do this thing! Nothing like drafting LIVE in an NFBC Main Event with me in NYC. It's truly a life-altering experience. Just anyone especially me. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Re: 9 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:58 pm

Chipping away at this! Nice work and great to see! 8-) Just need one more a day and we'll be right on schedule to fill a third league in time. :D Here's one for you: Where the hell is the Ice Cream Man?! Seems like a GIGANTIC puss out if you ask me. Say it aint so, Roy? :o :?

Tom Kessenich

Re: 8 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 am

We're making good progress on our remaining Main Event spots in NY. Only EIGHT are now left. We want to get this done by the weekend so draft spots can be picked on Monday. That means you should not delay, sign up NOW and get your spot secured. Sign up on the site or email me and I'll get you all set up. Who wants to get in the FINAL Main Event league in New York?

NEW YORK
Stewart Hotel
1. Richard Talley
2. Michael Mager
3. David Einhorn
4. Mike Massotto
5. Samuel Horton
6. Doug Cassidy
7. Michael Edelman
8. Philippe Dussault
9. Ray Murphy
11. Andy Saxton
12. Anthony Palavis
13. Stephen Jupinka
14. Michael DeCavalcante
15. Lopi Asch
16. Kevin Grady
17. Nelson Martinez
18. Errol Thompson
19. Edward Swartz
20. Mike Duggan
21. John Hamon
22. mike brace
23. Andre Bourcier
24. Josh Jantas
25. Raymond Ventura
26. alex Blumenthal
27. Ante Meich
28. Ned Donohue
29. Christopher Vaccaro
31. Ryan Bloomfield
32. Salvatore Acquista
33. Gregg Beinin
34. thomas eshenfelder
35. Glenn Lowy
36. Stephen Bennette
37. Michael Palmer
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Re: 8 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Now JUST EIGHT SPOTS LEFT and still plenty of time to fill a third LIVE Main Event league in NYC. I have my Twitter agents working the field, but let's put the full court press on this and make it happen. Start making some offers these guys can't refuse and get them to the draft table in NYC. For example, Greg, you could offer free NFBC antacid tablets along with the buffet lunch. Very helpful before, during, and after the drafts. Or how about complimentary Brink's door bars for their hotel rooms? :mrgreen: :lol:

NOW WHO ELSE WANTS A PIECE OF ME?
:twisted:

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 7 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:37 am

NOW ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT in the New York Main Event next Saturday at 1 pm ET. We are mixing all of the names up once this is Sold Out and forming three leagues on Monday morning, so be ready. KDS deadline for this one is Monday at 8 am ET and draft spots will be announced at 1 pm ET on Monday. Time is running out if you want to jump into this one with $150,000 on the line.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in the Big Apple, as is Tom. Come join us for a beer or two....or three....or :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 am

With the auctions all SOLD OUT these are the FINAL spots in New York next week. If you want to join us live, sign up for the Main Event on March 16 and get in on the fun. First beer for all new signups is on Greg :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:22 am

Great work, Greg and Tom, but I will just have a Muscle Milk on you guys instead of a beer for all of my promotional efforts. Not sure if this falls under the category of a "performance enhancer", but I do need all the help I can get. :mrgreen: :twisted:

NOW LET'S FILL THOSE LAST SEVEN SPOTS! 8-)

Tom Kessenich

Re: 5 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Now only FIVE spots left for the FINAL Main Event in New York. Draft spots go out on Monday so sign up NOW and get your spot secured.

NEW YORK
Stewart Hotel
1. Richard Talley
2. Michael Mager
3. David Einhorn
4. Mike Massotto
5. Samuel Horton
6. Doug Cassidy
7. Michael Edelman
8. Philippe Dussault
9. Ray Murphy
11. Andy Saxton
12. Anthony Palavis
13. Stephen Jupinka
14. Michael DeCavalcante
15. Lopi Asch
16. Kevin Grady
17. Nelson Martinez
18. Errol Thompson
19. Edward Swartz
20. Mike Duggan
21. John Hamon
22. mike brace
23. Andre Bourcier
24. Josh Jantas
25. Raymond Ventura
26. alex Blumenthal
27. Ante Meich
28. Ned Donohue
29. Christopher Vaccaro
31. Ryan Bloomfield
32. Salvatore Acquista
33. Gregg Beinin
34. thomas eshenfelder
35. Glenn Lowy
36. Stephen Bennette
37. Michael Palmer
38. Justin Salinger
39. Paul Kastava
40. Scott Feschuk
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:41 am

Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about! 8-) Looks like the magnetic allure of the potential for the EASY MONEY in taking on MTM in NYC next Saturday is just too much to resist! :mrgreen: NOW JUST FIVE SPOTS LEFT IN THE SOFTEST MAIN EVENT DRAW IN THE NFBC THIS SEASON! I mean it's so soft that I might just have to skip my growth hormone for that week to not come in as hard as I usually do to these things. :mrgreen: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:27 pm

Time to get some of these online guys there in the flesh on Saturday so we can round out this third LIVE MAIN EVENT league! Let's do it! Free photos with me and Greg. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Okay, I have ordained that this number needs to be down to THREE by the end of the day today, or I may have to start whoring my body out to get the last few sign ups*. :oops: :shock:

*At a very reasonable hourly rate, of course. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 am

We need one big push in the next couple of days so we can wrap this up and pick the draft spots on Monday. Who wants to join us LIVE in New York next week AND win $150,000? Sign up, grab one of these final spots and let's make it a big weekend of fun in the Big Apple.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:41 am

Time to make a more compelling argument. How about that I will get some porn stars there live via Lisa Anne for back and neck massages during the Live Main Event, but only for the league any new sign-ups are in with me? ;)

Now what red-blooded, American boy wouldn't enjoy this?*

*No actual 100% guarantee on the porn star massages, but may be able to scrounge up a few of Tom's cats for some in-draft comfort. It's really just a matter of which pussies I can get there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And yeah, yeah, I copied and pasted this from the other thread. So what? You think I get paid for all this free publicity work I do? It's enough in and of itself that people get to hang with me in NYC next week. This should be enough of a draw and worth shelling out the $1700 for entry in one of the last few LIVE Main Event spots available. So grab one, and nobody gets hurt. :twisted: :P

fritter

Post by fritter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 pm

hey mike.....if i get knocked out can i get the massage anyway or should i just go downtown with my original plans....eshy

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:11 am

fritter wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 pm
hey mike.....if i get knocked out can i get the massage anyway or should i just go downtown with my original plans....eshy
If I were you, I would stick to your original plans. :P

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 3 Spots Left: March 16 1 pm ET NY Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm

NOW ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT in the New York Main Event this Saturday at 1 pm ET. We filled one spot today with Dave Cushard, an original NFBC member who has been in the NFBC since its inception in 2004.

In fact, few people had more of an influence in helping the NFBC survive that first year than Dyv, who recruited about 21 members to the Main Event that year and who was a mainstay on the Message Board. Look up Dyv from the early years and you'll see a smart-ass, know-it-all poster who gave Gekko a run for his money. He was part of the Leaderboard Sports group who really supported the NFBC during that first year. He's also buddies with Meat Loaf, who drafted live with us the first two years in Las Vegas and convinced him to try us out.

Anyway, Dyv can't make it to New York personally as he's too busy making millions from his investment firm in Michigan, but he looks forward to being patched in online and kicking ass during the season. Love it. Many of you in New York remember Dyv and I'm sure he's a welcome signup to this group.

Okay, ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT. We have some possibilities live yet, so let's make it happen and sell this out by tomorrow at 1 ET.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius