The Official Greg, Tom, Darik Live Chat Thread: Ask Here

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The Official Greg, Tom, Darik Live Chat Thread: Ask Here

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:21 am

Red Sox Nation- wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 pm
Greg- any chance we can get the post-season contest back? It doesn't compete with the shelf space of the regular season offerings. It was fun the one year offered (KC vs NYM WS year sorry Lowy) If this comes back please open signups by Sept 1st. I can see fans of teams in a pennant race grabbing teams to make the post-season extra fun. Also teams in "the money" will be inclined to risk some of that cash. I thought you nailed the scoring system/rules the last time. If you offered this last year i would have taken down the post-season overall with my Boston 3X squad.

Jason
Yeah, there is a plan to bring back the NFBC Post-Season Contest, even though it's received little love from this community. I think it's tough for folks in baseball who just went through the marathon to jump right back into another race, but we're willing to try it again, this time with lower expectations. The progressive scoring system is sound and the format is fun, but it's been a tough sell in the past.

One thought I've had is maybe to start the contest AFTER the Wild Card games. By closing off signups on Tuesday before the first Wild Card game, it shortens the window from the end of the season to the start of this contest. Maybe, just maybe, we should let the two Wild Card games play out and start this contest with the divisional round games. I'd be interested in that feedback.

But it's already been budgeted, so that means it's returning. :lol: We'll get more input from everyone during the season and get it up on Registration earlier than we have in the past. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Darik B wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 pm
Deadheadz wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:09 pm
Suggestion for a small improvement which every online drafter will love:

When you set the parameters for ADP and get the results you wanted, how great would it be if there was a button to “Save To Custom Rankings”??

Then it would be SO easy to load those personalized ADP ranks into the draft you’re starting right away.

I’ll bet IT could whip up such a button pretty easily. Please consider this improvement.
Chris, this already exists (and did last year, too) in the draft room. There is an icon with 4 little lines to the right of the player search box that allows you to create, edit, and save custom lists. They will then be there in any draft room you open.
But is there a way to grab a customized ADP from the NFBC software after you've grabbed the dates and league types that you want and make it one of your lists?

I haven't figured it out and I believe it's what the previous poster was getting at.
Joe

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Darik B wrote:

Chris, this already exists (and did last year, too) in the draft room. There is an icon with 4 little lines to the right of the player search box that allows you to create, edit, and save custom lists. They will then be there in any draft room you open.
And you’re saying the custom rank function can be tied to a custom ADP that I run based on the league format and dates I choose?
I don’t see that ability where you said to look. Only the ability to add players to a new list one by one.

My suggestion would be more likely placed on the ADP page where we choose the parameters for the type of league and the timeframe.
Then you’d get an option to Export ADP to My Custom Ranks.

So handy.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Post by Money » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 am

I see that we have 450+ teams in the main event so far. How about an update on the other overall event entries and where they stand in relation to last year?
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:40 am

Money wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 am
I see that we have 450+ teams in the main event so far. How about an update on the other overall event entries and where they stand in relation to last year?
You bet:

Auction Championship - will sell out again this year

RotoWire Online Championship - 1,042 signups. Significantly ahead of last year's number at this time.

Cutline - 1,211 signups. Ahead of pace compared to last year

Draft Champions - 3,182 signups. Significantly ahead of last year's pace.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Darik B wrote:

And you’re saying the custom rank function can be tied to a custom ADP that I run based on the league format and dates I choose?
I don’t see that ability where you said to look. Only the ability to add players to a new list one by one.

My suggestion would be more likely placed on the ADP page where we choose the parameters for the type of league and the timeframe.
Then you’d get an option to Export ADP to My Custom Ranks.

So handy.
Appreciate all the very nice changes every year, but this is exactly what I have wanted too, and if it could be done, would be fantastic.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:19 pm

I'm getting this error message while trying to set up free agent bids.
Drop player in list 2 is not eligible in your league.