FAAB Auction Suggestion

Rotties

FAAB Auction Suggestion

Post by Rotties » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Could we look into having the 7 reserve rounds done immediately following the auction instead of a 2 hour slow draft? You have all 15 owners present and it could be knocked out in 20-30 minutes. That was the format when we used RT Sports and Andy did the reserves in the chat room right after. It was great to be done with it the same day.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: FAAB Auction Suggestion

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Rotties wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm
Could we look into having the 7 reserve rounds done immediately following the auction instead of a 2 hour slow draft? You have all 15 owners present and it could be knocked out in 20-30 minutes. That was the format when we used RT Sports and Andy did the reserves in the chat room right after. It was great to be done with it the same day.
I think we can request that for the FAAB leagues. Maybe won't be updated for this baseball season, but we'll ask for football and beyond.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:00 pm

I would prefer this, too.

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Good idea for Friday / Saturday drafts. I wouldn't like it for weekday drafts though. Just something to keep in mind.

Liquidhippo

Post by Liquidhippo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:09 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm
Rotties wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm
I think we can request that for the FAAB leagues. Maybe won't be updated for this baseball season, but we'll ask for football and beyond.
Hi Greg, I am one that strongly prefers the status quo. Evening auctions already are often past midnight here on the east cost and I'm already spent at that point. Pushing the end to possibly past 1am, not appealing for multiple reasons. 20-30 minutes seems optimistic for 7 rounds, 30-45 minutes seems more realistic. If it were an afternoon auction...1pm, sure, I'd be ok with that, but the 8pm start time already gives me pause, and is why I haven't done more online auctions.