Japan Games

bjoak

Japan Games

Post by bjoak » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Forgive me, I've been unable to find out how the Japan games will count aside from the following:

"First Lineup Deadlines for Week 1: The MLB season starts on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 with two games in Japan, with all 30 teams playing on 3/28/19. All of those games plus the Friday-Sunday slate of games will comprise Week 1 in the NFBC. Week 1 will include games from Wednesday, March 20, 2019 to Sunday and owners can still change out their hitters on Friday."

So, if I am drafting after the Japan games are played, let's say March 23rd, can I decide whether I want the stats players accrued? If so, this seems to indicate that I am also handcuffed to those players for the following Thursday, but then I can switch them for the weekend. Am I understanding that correctly. If I am, what about the faab period on March 24th? After the faab, I pick one lineup which will count the Japan and Thursday games? Let's say I draft a guy and drop him on the 23rd? Can I still count him for the Japan and/or Thursday game?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Japan Games

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:23 pm

bjoak wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm
Forgive me, I've been unable to find out how the Japan games will count aside from the following:

"First Lineup Deadlines for Week 1: The MLB season starts on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 with two games in Japan, with all 30 teams playing on 3/28/19. All of those games plus the Friday-Sunday slate of games will comprise Week 1 in the NFBC. Week 1 will include games from Wednesday, March 20, 2019 to Sunday and owners can still change out their hitters on Friday."

So, if I am drafting after the Japan games are played, let's say March 23rd, can I decide whether I want the stats players accrued? If so, this seems to indicate that I am also handcuffed to those players for the following Thursday, but then I can switch them for the weekend. Am I understanding that correctly. If I am, what about the faab period on March 24th? After the faab, I pick one lineup which will count the Japan and Thursday games? Let's say I draft a guy and drop him on the 23rd? Can I still count him for the Japan and/or Thursday game?
So the first scoring period is March 20-31st. You don't need to set your starting lineup until before each player's first game on Thursday.

On Friday morning your stats will include anyone who played on March 20th, 21st and 28th. If you switch out a hitter on Friday, that player's stats will count up until that day and then he will be on your bench. Pitchers obviously accrue stats from March 20-31.

If you pick up a free agent on the 24th it doesn't matter because like any other player you decide whether to start him on March 28th or not.

Hope that helps. Everyone gets the free look of the March 20-21 Japan Games no matter when they drafted and if any of those players are in your starting lineup on March 28th then they get all stats through Thursday.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am

Do satellites or any other non-overall-prize leagues require setting line-up BEFORE the Japan games or does the free look apply to all leagues & all contests? In football the satellites & non-overall contests required setting of line-ups before the Thursday NFL opener which is why I ask. Please advise.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm

COZ wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:55 am
Do satellites or any other non-overall-prize leagues require setting line-up BEFORE the Japan games or does the free look apply to all leagues & all contests? In football the satellites & non-overall contests required setting of line-ups before the Thursday NFL opener which is why I ask. Please advise.
No. All NFBC contests are using Week 1 as March 20-31.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 pm

For example, I leave Mike Fiers on the bench Thursday and the Japan stats go away? I had him active when the game was actually played.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Big League Wood wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:55 pm
For example, I leave Mike Fiers on the bench Thursday and the Japan stats go away? I had him active when the game was actually played.
First roster setting is the 28th of March.
If Fiers doesn't start on your teams, he doesn't get the Japan stats.
If throwing well during the Mar 28-31, you also will not get those stats.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:23 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm
[quote="Big League Wood" post_id=216330 time=<a href="tel:1553388948">1553388948</a> user_id=211133]
First roster setting is the 28th of March.
If Fiers doesn't start on your teams, he doesn't get the Japan stats.
If throwing well during the Mar 28-31, you also will not get those stats.
[/quote]

Cool. Fiers to the bench !!!