Thank You New York

Tom Kessenich

Thank You New York

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 am

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who joined us at the Stewart Hotel this past weekend for three fantastic days of live events. The hotel was terrific, staff sensational to work with and it was great seeing so many people excited to be taking part in our contests there. Greg and I had a great time seeing everyone and I know it meant a lot to the folks who only draft in New York that they were able to see Greg and for many, meet him for the first time.

Special thanks to Mike Massotto for all his hard work in putting together everything for the MTM Ultimate and to Andy Saxton for arranging a great spot to meet on Thursday and Saturday nights. We had a lot of fun hanging out with all who joined us and hopefully no one over-extended themselves too greatly. :)

For those looking ahead to football, we are planning on being at the Stewart for that event as well. Once that becomes official we'll announce on the NFFC boards.

Thanks again for a great weekend in the Big Apple. There's nothing like the live event experience and I'm thrilled that it remains so important to so many of you every year.

See you all again next March or later this week for those heading off to Vegas. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Re: Thank You New York

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:50 am

Everything went great. Kudos to Greg/Tom for pulling off a great opening weekend to NFBC 2019. Safe travels to Vegas and good luck to everyone drafting week 2!

fritter

Post by fritter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 pm

As a new addition (4th time) at the live event ...lol..and havent cashed but listening to Srebo with the pre game speech we all have hope. Nothing better than a live NFBC draft. Great to meet some guys and say hello to some vets and champs. I got asked...HOW YOU LIKE YOURE DRAFT? ....like my first date with ex wife...lol....good luck all....eshy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 pm

It was really great to meet everyone in New York City this past weekend. It was a pleasure to see the East Coast live events and to see the passion of these great owners. I loved the camaraderie of the auction leagues and Ultimate League, and the way so many owners stuck around after the Main Event to analyze the boards. Seemed like the old days.

Kudos to everyone who competed in New York. Everyone was there in plenty of time, everyone was prepared and everyone seemed to have a good time with their fellow competitors. I just loved everything about the weekend.

I also liked the Stewart Hotel. The big ballroom worked perfectly on Friday, Saturday and Sunday because we did have the Rockwell Room for the Friday afternoon auction. Having Tout Wars in that room in our host hotel on Saturday also allowed many industry writers to peek in and see our NFBC Main Event for the first time. We'd love to have Tout Wars there with us again next year and I know SiriusXM liked it. Tom and I have every intention to return to the Stewart Hotel again for football and hopefully next year for baseball. The location is ideal and the setup is what we want and need.

It was also great to have SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and the FNTSY Sports Network broadcasting live from the Stewart Hotel. SiriusXM broadcast four hours of the Ultimate League, while FNTSY Sports Network did almost 8 hours on Friday and Saturday. That was fantastic exposure for our contest and fantastic exposure for our owners, many of whom were interviewed on the air. Look for more of that going forward.

Oh, and there are several great bars right across the street!!! :lol: Lots of camaraderie before and after the live events. Loved it guys.

I hope the schedule stays the same next year for baseball because then I can come back to New York again and see all of you guys and gals again. Looking forward to it as long as you'll have me!!! Thanks all and good luck this season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 pm

.....meanwhile, in Chicago, with no Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports Radio nor FNTSY Sports Network broadcasting live & doing interviews, with no bitching & moaning about the hotel, KDS selections, nor debate about the actual randomness of the "random" optimizer, & with 1/1024th the amount of hype, Chicago crowned two overall champions, the 3rd in 2 years. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci