Notes for IT

Philippe27

Notes for IT

Post by Philippe27 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:32 pm

A few annoying things that I noticed today on the website:
1. The FAAB page is slow. I type a name in the search bar and it takes about 3 seconds to load.

2. Having to click save when making FAAB bids. I don't see the point, they should save automatically.

3. When setting lineup, when you click on a player, all the players at other positions disappear. In theory it makes sense but the problem is when you just want to reorder your pitching staff, it takes forever because it keeps scrolling you up and down. Again, the way it was last year where it would just highlight players that can be switched was much better.

4. There's too many clicks needed when making lineup changes. Save Lineup, Confirm and then Ok. When setting multiple lineups quickly, these are unnecessary steps. We already see the list of changes made in the box at the top, we should just click save lineup one and be done.

Money

Re: Notes for IT

Post by Money » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:32 pm
1. The FAAB page is slow. I type a name in the search bar and it takes about 3 seconds to load.

2. Having to click save when making FAAB bids. I don't see the point, they should save automatically.

3. When setting lineup, when you click on a player, all the players at other positions disappear. In theory it makes sense but the problem is when you just want to reorder your pitching staff, it takes forever because it keeps scrolling you up and down. Again, the way it was last year where it would just highlight players that can be switched was much better.

4. There's too many clicks needed when making lineup changes. Save Lineup, Confirm and then Ok. When setting multiple lineups quickly, these are unnecessary steps. We already see the list of changes made in the box at the top, we should just click save lineup one and be done.
These are all GREAT suggestions and need to be implemented ASAP.
Joe

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 pm

I also think these are all needed fixes to make it easier to those of us with several teams.

Also, let us be able to organize our SPs by any order we’d like instead of alphabetically by first name. I posted this on another thread but thought it belonged here with list of lineup fixes.

Thanks , IT people.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Agreed. 'Set Lineup' is klutzy.
If, temporarily, I want to move Chris Taylor from MI to OF, it should let me instead of needing a corresponding move to replace Taylor straight away.
Toying with lineups is a closet pleasure for me.
As is, not fun and a little klunky.

(Always a relief to see FAAB run well the first week. Fist bump.)
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Philippe27 wrote:

I agree having to commit to a player drop and save the whole bid string is annoying but as Greg explained before, this was necessary to avoid the FAAB system being overloaded. Apparently the auto-save bogged down the entire system when everyone is on at the same time and auto-saving bid strings. Manually saving FAAB bids was used for football and there were many a time I lost a string when I moved to another league without saving or if you delete a string and it shows it's deleted on your screen but you don't save the now-deleted blank screen. I foresee huge problems with deleting a string but not saving the deletion, almost got burned on that tonight, good thing I double check every league. First world problems I guess, we'll survive.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:34 am

COZ wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm
Philippe27 wrote:

I agree having to commit to a player drop and save the whole bid string is annoying but as Greg explained before, this was necessary to avoid the FAAB system being overloaded. Apparently the auto-save bogged down the entire system when everyone is on at the same time and auto-saving bid strings. Manually saving FAAB bids was used for football and there were many a time I lost a string when I moved to another league without saving or if you delete a string and it shows it's deleted on your screen but you don't save the now-deleted blank screen. I foresee huge problems with deleting a string but not saving the deletion, almost got burned on that tonight, good thing I double check every league. First world problems I guess, we'll survive.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Chrome gives a warning if we leave the page and forget to save so not a huge deal, better than the website crashing on Sunday nights.

The set lineup page is the main problem, I tried to set lineup for a Draft Champions and it's a disaster. The one other thing I'd love to see on that page is for hitters to have lineup spots just like we see the ball for starters:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
If a lineup is available but the player isn't in it then put (-). It shouldn't be too complicated, we see it on the Live Scoring page but it would simplify things so much if it was on the set lineup page. This way we can check the set lineup page on Monday and Thursday and if needed it would just take a few seconds to remove a hitter who isn't playing.

VegasVandals

Post by VegasVandals » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 am

The new save button when making FAAB bids drove us crazy last night during FAAB. Please remove if possible. It's an extra step that is unneeded and greatly increases the chance an owner makes a significant mistake by forgetting to save their changes. This is very likely to happen if someone is in a rush, handling on their phone, etc.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm

VegasVandals wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 am
The new save button when making FAAB bids drove us crazy last night during FAAB. Please remove if possible. It's an extra step that is unneeded and greatly increases the chance an owner makes a significant mistake by forgetting to save their changes. This is very likely to happen if someone is in a rush, handling on their phone, etc.
Guys, the SAVE button is not going away. We've explained this before and automatic SAVE is not standard in the industry. The automatic Save function last year is what bogged down the servers on Sunday nights and caused three FAAB periods to be delayed. Remember to SAVE your bids when you are done and get back to doing that like we've done the previous 14 years before 2018. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm
VegasVandals wrote:
Guys, the SAVE button is not going away. We've explained this before and automatic SAVE is not standard in the industry. The automatic Save function last year is what bogged down the servers on Sunday nights and caused three FAAB periods to be delayed. Remember to SAVE your bids when you are done and get back to doing that like we've done the previous 14 years before 2018. Thanks.
That one isn't a big deal, just takes some getting used to but my other 3 suggestions in the initial thread + the lineup spot directly on the lineup page would really help save a lot of time.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm
VegasVandals wrote:
Greg, we are saving, then confirming, then confirming the 'confirm' in doing lineups. Klunky and too many clicks when hearing of a last minute change or injury...
On my tombstone-

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm

As several others have said, The "save" button is fine but the next 2 clicks "confirm" and "OK" are unnecessary and should be eliminated.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Daren E wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm
As several others have said, The "save" button is fine but the next 2 clicks "confirm" and "OK" are unnecessary and should be eliminated.
Confirmed step will be eliminated. Thanks for the feedback.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:42 pm

well i had a long post but when i hit submit it disappeared. this darn message board. great job on the FA page.

lets lose that enormous gray box on the left side of the lineup page. our eyes adjust left so if that space is going to list results of that search and it has be kept then lets at least flop sides with the lineup. percentage wise we will be wanting our lineup page over the search.

id love stats from the last 7, 14, and 21 days on our lineup pages. It's crazy we don't have it. We should be going to every fantasy site out there (yahoo, espn, cbs, etc) and stealing their best designs, information offered, etc to make the NFBC website the best in the business. This site needs to be high end and easily the best around.. makes no sense to offer the best fantasy games and the best customer service but lag behind in the actual implementation of those games.

keep up the good work.

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 pm

What I don't like is the fact that you're forced to pick a guy to drop when you go to save a FAAB bid. You should be able to leave that blank like in the past so you can keep track of who you might want to pick up, and then decide on Sundays if you actually want to drop someone. Not being able to make lists of possible pickups right on the FAAB page without picking someone to drop is kind of a downer.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 am

How can we determine if a certain player is on one of my teams, INCLUDING DC teams? The “Free Agency” option under a player’s profile only shows those leagues with FAAB.
Last edited by mdecav on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am

One thing I’ve noticed is the set lineup page. Let’s say I have Gallo in an OF position and I want to move him to CI. I can’t do that directly in the guy in CI isn’t OF eligible. We should be able to put Gallo in and it kicks that guy to bench then replace Gallo. Right now I have to replace Gallo with an OF then go and put Gallo back in. Same steps just more of a pain.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am
One thing I’ve noticed is the set lineup page. Let’s say I have Gallo in an OF position and I want to move him to CI. I can’t do that directly in the guy in CI isn’t OF eligible. We should be able to put Gallo in and it kicks that guy to bench then replace Gallo. Right now I have to replace Gallo with an OF then go and put Gallo back in. Same steps just more of a pain.
Agreed. We have no power to toy with our lineup. It demands a replacement after one click.
I can see how this would be easier for IT, but a lot less enjoyable for the player.
On my tombstone-

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:42 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Gb2715 wrote:
Agreed. We have no power to toy with our lineup. It demands a replacement after one click.
I can see how this would be easier for IT, but a lot less enjoyable for the player.
Agreed and I just tried setting my pitchers for a DC lineup and it's an absolute disaster. Change one pitcher, then scroll back down forever, change another, scroll down again forever. Last year was much smoother where the players that you can't swap with would just grey out instead of disappearing.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:42 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Gb2715 wrote:
Agreed and I just tried setting my pitchers for a DC lineup and it's an absolute disaster. Change one pitcher, then scroll back down forever, change another, scroll down again forever. Last year was much smoother where the players that you can't swap with would just grey out instead of disappearing.
Yes this is brutal. Especially with tons of teams. Setting lineups is going to be longer than FAAB

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Is there a reason the set lineup page has changed?
Before, it was very easy with just a 'SET LINEUP' que at the top and bottom of rosters.
Until hitting that button, we were free to move players as we liked.
If not correct, a que would tell us that our lineup was in error.
Now, it is many clicks.
We have to bench Starters temporarily in order to get players to fill the right positions.
Somebody is bound to leave a meant-to-be starter on their bench. Not good.
It is flawed and tedious.
On my tombstone-

Money

Post by Money » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:46 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm
Before, it was very easy with just a 'SET LINEUP' que at the top and bottom of rosters.
Now, it is many clicks.
We have to bench Starters temporarily in order to get players to fill the right positions.
It is flawed, tedious and needs IMMEDIATE attention.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Last year, we waited weeks for the freedom to change players positions after their game was locked.
With this new team roster set-up, we haven't lost that freedom, have we?
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Money wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:46 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm
Now, it is many clicks.
It is flawed, tedious and needs IMMEDIATE attention.
Immediate attention is an understatement

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 pm

% Own % Start

Why are we seeing varying numbers for % Start when ranking players for Cutline FAAB?

Leads you to believe the numbers are not format specific which makes the numbers for % Own seem unreliable.

Maybe there’s a setting I missed to change the format? It should really be automatic when you change from one format to another.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Owned and Start Percentage is contest specific.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius