DOUGHBOYS

Re: Set Lineup Changes For 2019

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:10 am

Money wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:02 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:48 am
Ugh. I just realized something.
In having to bench some regulars, we cannot bring those regulars back into our lineup under another position if their game has started.
Multi-positionality will take a hit with this new way of rostering.
This, this is not good.
I am certain this will be corrected very soon. At least it should be. Now we need to go back and make sure we have the proper players in the Utility position.
It is not just U, Joe.
Let's say Javy Baez plays Monday and the only way I can get Evan Longoria in my lineup for Tuesday is by moving Baez temporarily to the bench.
But, I won't be able to because Baez has already played.
Before this 'step by step' process, this would have been easy. Not now.
Is there a work around for this, Greg?
Is something already in place that I've missed?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:10 am
Money wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
In having to bench some regulars, we cannot bring those regulars back into our lineup under another position if their game has started.
This, this is not good.
I am certain this will be corrected very soon. At least it should be. Now we need to go back and make sure we have the proper players in the Utility position.
It is not just U, Joe.
Let's say Javy Baez plays Monday and the only way I can get Evan Longoria in my lineup for Tuesday is by moving Baez temporarily to the bench.
Greg- is this true? If so this is crazy. I can't believe basketball of all fantasy sports helped dictate the lineup software. I have too many teams and $ to deal with this. How will we handle this before IT fixes it? And why do we learn these things on opening day?!?!!!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 am

Red Sox Nation- wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Money wrote:

It is not just U, Joe.
Greg- is this true? If so this is crazy. I can't believe basketball of all fantasy sports helped dictate the lineup software. I have too many teams and $ to deal with this. How will we handle this before IT fixes it? And why do we learn these things on opening day?!?!!!
Looks like it works same as last year. Example - I have Amed at MI. I can still move him to SS, swapping places with Andrus and then replace Andrus with another MI. The only thing that looks different right now is that there is no indication of who is locked on active roster.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 am

JohnP wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 am
Red Sox Nation- wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:

It is not just U, Joe.
Looks like it works same as last year. Example - I have Amed at MI. I can still move him to SS, swapping places with Andrus and then replace Andrus with another MI. The only thing that looks different right now is that there is no indication of who is locked on active roster.

Thanks John. that's a relief. We need a lineup lock designation on players like prior years.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:44 am

Good deal. Relieved.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 pm

Money wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
This, this is not good.

That example does not involve a temp move to the bench which might be the case when the bench guy your trying to get in doesn't go directly to a position where a players game hasn't already started.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Overall this is not good. This set lineup page needs attention ASAP.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 am

Gb2715 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:06 pm
Overall this is not good. This set lineup page needs attention ASAP.
Ditto. It's a mess and all the glitches need to be fixed ASAP. :evil:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gates

Post by Gates » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:50 am

Seems that my pitchers are already locked in for every week :shock:
Can’t switch any of them for next week and any other weeks.

Gates
Go ahead, make my day...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 am

Gates wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:50 am

Gates
Which of your teams is this happening on? I just logged onto your account, selected next week and went through several teams. All can have pitchers moved. If you're still having this issue please email me and Greg. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 am
Gates wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:50 am

Gates
Which of your teams is this happening on? I just logged onto your account, selected next week and went through several teams. All can have pitchers moved. If you're still having this issue please email me and Greg. Thanks.
There's a drop down to look at the schedule for future weeks and there's a drop down to actually change your lineup for future weeks. If you just change the schedule, you're still in the current week so everyone is locked but if you change the actual period (not the schedule) then everything works fine.

Gates

Post by Gates » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks that is exactly that. Never noticed the second drop down option.

Thanks
Gates
Go ahead, make my day...

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 am

JohnP wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:05 am

Yes. You are correct. Doesn't look like that search box is avail on mobile. At least I can't find it. It is there on desktop - same search box as last year.
Using Safari on iOS we see at the My Teams page way up in the top right corner a Bell icon and beside that a magnifying glass icon.

Tap it once to open the search box.

Hope that helps.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Hey Greg.

I'm having some issues finding some of the newer players. I was looking through lineups yesterday and 1 guy in particular I couldn't find on a team in my league nor the FA list. Then I remembered the 1 game must be played rule and decided to put it off until today. I just looked again and I still can't find him. I did find him and put him on my watch list from the main player search tab but he doesn't show up when i sort FA's.

He's playing again today so can we have IT just comb through some of these new guys that would never have been drafted to make sure they are available on sunday? Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Will do. Email me the player and I will make sure we have this right.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am

Bama wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 pm
Money wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
This, this is not good.

That example does not involve a temp move to the bench which might be the case when the bench guy your trying to get in doesn't go directly to a position where a players game hasn't already started.
You sir are correct.

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 am

Switching guys in and out of the lineup is a complete mess. It is incredibly time consuming and presents problems being able to use all of your players on the bench. Simple fix...give us the option with a drop down box to assign multiple players at a time to our desired positions before having the rosters saved. Don’t allow any of the moves to save if having an illegal lineup.

The set lineup functionality needs to be fixed with the highest priority. Stats are counting and this has an effect on the standings at the end of the year.

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Scoony32 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 am
Switching guys in and out of the lineup is a complete mess. It is incredibly time consuming and presents problems being able to use all of your players on the bench. Simple fix...give us the option with a drop down box to assign multiple players at a time to our desired positions before having the rosters saved. Don’t allow any of the moves to save if having an illegal lineup.

The set lineup functionality needs to be fixed with the highest priority. Stats are counting and this has an effect on the standings at the end of the year.
Agreed, it's easier when no games have started but when you want to move players and can't use the bench because some games have started it's a nightmare.

I wanted Frazier from 2B to Bench, Marte from SS to 2B, Profar from CI to SS and Cron from Bench to CI. None of those moves can be done with the current system.

Usually the UT spot is the spot I use to make the moves but my UT already played yesterday so he can't move to Bench.

I got players with multi position eligibility to be able to move them as a wish, not try and solve a puzzle every time.

This needs to be fixed right away

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:52 pm

I've used the lineup feature enough now. This needs help please! Too many clicks! I should be able to move Asdrubal Cabrera from CI to 2B directly. And then move someone to CI. This new setup is a downgrade from prior years. Is IT looking into fixing this? Please advise. I know FAAB takes time but lineups shouldn't be this hard.

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 am

is this going to get better? crickets from the powers that be is concerning.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:36 pm

Scoony32 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 am
is this going to get better? crickets from the powers that be is concerning.
Scott, sorry but this is crazy. Tom and I just got back home late last night after 17 days on the road. Of course we will discuss with IT EVERY aspect of the site and some changes will be made. But we haven't had a meeting with IT yet, so what do you want me to post? That I haven't discussed Set Lineup yet? Let us have our first meeting with IT since we left to host live events and tweak some of these pages. But no, I don't have an answer as to Set Lineup yet, so I can't make an intelligent post.

No answer sure seems better than "crickets from the powers that be is concerning." So here I am. I've answered that I don't have an answer. But yes, we will discuss tomorrow and make improvements where possible.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:41 pm

This is an absolute cluster fuck

It took me 30 changes to align a DC, mostly because I could not just move Shaw from 2B to CI. To make that happen I had to move Shaw to MI, Tatis from UT to MI, Caratini to CI, Shaw to CI, and finally replace Caratini at UT.

Add in the changes needed to order my bench the way I like it, I’m looking at 5-10 minutes per team.

This shit needs to be fixed

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 am

I am so glad I only signed up for 10 teams this year. It is BEYOND frustrating to set a lineup. It literally sucks the fun out of this hobby setting a lineup on that page. There is not one aspect that I like. If it is a must to log every move for the NFBC, fine. But make it so its like last year or the years before. Those lineups could be set in a snap.

Couple things need to be fixed please...
1. I can't see the whole week in one glance, I have to scroll to the right to see the last day.
2. Not sure what service you're using for probable SP but i found it highly inaccurate.
3. Unless some major changes are coming to how we can move players...would it be possible to put the reserves at least by hitters then pitchers. I saw in an early post you mentioned its customizable but in this current set up, it is a monumental undertaking to get this arranged in a manner thats pleasing to the eye. There is no rhyme or reason that I can see for what the default placement of reserves now.

Lastly, just please, go in and play around with the site and experience what we have to deal with. Its not good. Im not going to say, "Im done with this site if changes aren't made" but for sure I would never even think about going past 5-10 leagues like I have before and Im sure a lot of people feel the same.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 am

Why exactly was this changed anyway? It was better before... much.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:35 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 am
Why exactly was this changed anyway? It was better before... much.
It will be better soon. We will discuss all of these changes today and let you know what is coming as soon as we can.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius