Set Lineup Changes For 2019

Baseball Furies

Re: Set Lineup Changes For 2019

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:03 pm

Sorry but I have to pile on here, but there wouldn't need to be a big meeting with IT to fix a ton of shit if all of this was handled, designed, programmed or whatever in the SIX MONTHS since the last season ended and all these "upgrades" were supposedly supposed to be being made. So the 17 days on the road excuse comes off as complete bullshit to us when we all put our blind faith in this product every year leading into the season hoping and praying we're not going to have something like this sprung on us once the season gets going. It's like football season starts and baseball is punted until next year. And yeah, pun intended. So take the good with the bad, Greg, and please spare us all the excuses. We are an EXTREMELY forgiving and tolerant group of customers which you should be EXTREMELY grateful for for dealing with this garbage on top of constantly doing all the beta testing and marketing research for you DURING THE SEASON NO LESS! :evil:

And while you're at it with the IT, the mobile functionality (yes, on our phones believe it or not) of the set line-up and FAAB pages just to name a couple, are near worthless. I was stuck in my car in a parking lot last night for an hour because I knew I wouldn't make it back in time to my computer for FAAB lock at 10:00 pm EST trying to make what should have been some quick and easy changes to FAAB bids and lineups and it was a complete nightmare. Just completely frustrated and disappointed that yet again we all just have to suck it up and deal with it. :evil:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:03 pm
Sorry but I have to pile on here, but there wouldn't need to be a big meeting with IT to fix a ton of shit if all of this was handled, designed, programmed or whatever in the SIX MONTHS since the last season ended and all these "upgrades" were supposedly supposed to be being made. So the 17 days on the road excuse comes off as complete bullshit to us when we all put our blind faith in this product every year leading into the season hoping and praying we're not going to have something like this sprung on us once the season gets going. It's like football season starts and baseball is punted until next year. And yeah, pun intended. So take the good with the bad, Greg, and please spare us all the excuses. We are an EXTREMELY forgiving and tolerant group of customers which you should be EXTREMELY grateful for for dealing with this garbage on top of constantly doing all the beta testing and marketing research for you DURING THE SEASON NO LESS! :evil:

And while you're at it with the IT, the mobile functionality (yes, on our phones believe it or not) of the set line-up and FAAB pages just to name a couple, are near worthless. I was stuck in my car in a parking lot last night for an hour because I knew I wouldn't make it back in time to my computer for FAAB lock at 10:00 pm EST trying to make what should have been some quick and easy changes to FAAB bids and lineups and it was a complete nightmare. Just completely frustrated and disappointed that yet again we all just have to suck it up and deal with it. :evil:

pretty sure I've read this great post 3 years running now. thanks for nicely stating the obvious. the scrolling left and right to get stats and see matchups fri-sun is nauseating. I am being told that each online browser actually shows different web pages so perhaps thats part of my problem but as doughboys said, its as if the IT people don't play fantasy baseball with how things are laid out.

I'm sure we'll get there eventually and I guess we'll throw it all away and start from scratch again next year, but It's going to be sweet by week 5 of this year lol. I'm just a dude with 1 lame team so i'm very sorry for those of you with anymore than 2. Before signing up next year I'm definitely going to ask about the website. Will it be the same as the previous year (current year) or if it's a new frankenstein. btw i want it to work and i want it to be great just so we are clear...

thepats

Post by thepats » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:03 am

I have 15 DC teams, 8 with a partner and 7 alone. I committed to this many believing that last year's IT issues were a thing of the past. Silly me. The IT folks had a six month off-season to make this work and, for the second year in a row, totally blew it.