Data Fixes

mdecav

Data Fixes

Post by mdecav » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:14 pm

1. Team Stats - remove hitter K's replace with AB. For pitchers add IP. I cannot tell if a player with a .000 BA if he went 0-for-4 or didn't play.

2. Rotoworld blurbs are only appearing for the "major" players, there are no blurbs for many of the minor guys even though Rotoworld will publish a blurb on this. The two databases (NFBC v Rotoworld) should have an almost exact match on player IDs.

3. Player to MLB Team linkage should be an overnight update. I found there to be many errors of this during draft season. Similar to Rotoworld the two databases (NFBC v ??) should have an almost exact player match so that data errors (i.e. not updating a players team) should not happen.

4. The dates of the Rotoworld blurbs on mobile (for me, on Safari) show as "INVALID DATE".

5. League Standings, Weekly Summary. The label on the League Standings table shows as "1". I assume this should be shown as "Week 1", not "1".

6. League Standings, Categories. Remove "Back" (useless... we can do the mental math if need be from the Points column), add AB and IP.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Data Fixes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 pm

mdecav wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:14 pm
1. Team Stats - remove hitter K's replace with AB. For pitchers add IP. I cannot tell if a player with a .000 BA if he went 0-for-4 or didn't play.

2. Rotoworld blurbs are only appearing for the "major" players, there are no blurbs for many of the minor guys even though Rotoworld will publish a blurb on this. The two databases (NFBC v Rotoworld) should have an almost exact match on player IDs.

3. Player to MLB Team linkage should be an overnight update. I found there to be many errors of this during draft season. Similar to Rotoworld the two databases (NFBC v ??) should have an almost exact player match so that data errors (i.e. not updating a players team) should not happen.

4. The dates of the Rotoworld blurbs on mobile (for me, on Safari) show as "INVALID DATE".

5. League Standings, Weekly Summary. The label on the League Standings table shows as "1". I assume this should be shown as "Week 1", not "1".

6. League Standings, Categories. Remove "Back" (useless... we can do the mental math if need be from the Points column), add AB and IP.
If you switch to MLB Stats you will see all of this information, but you are right Ks should be replaced with ABs. That is done and IP have been added. Good suggestions.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Cutline/Team stats: Add BB for Pitchers. Seems odd there is a BB column for hitters but not pitchers when BB doesn't factor into hitter scoring but does factor into pitcher scoring.

Live Scoring: Really tough to look at. Tons of white space. Columns for stats are really wide leaving lots of space between each stat. Extra row to show game matchup adds more white space and necessitates a lot of scrolling to view your entire roster.

Free Agent page: Cannot quickly toggle between teams. If you hover over "my teams" tab, it will produce your first 8 teams . However, to access any additional team you have to go back to your "my teams" page, select the new team, and then select free agents. Very time consuming.

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:06 pm

The specific player search for all teams is a great addition. Makes it easier to set a lineup and also check for injured guys. It was fun to track players during games as well.

Another option would be to have a Notes type page for each team. That way, when setting lineups from a phone or in a bind, I could pull this page up and see my notes for player options. Not the lock and load guys, but the variable dudes who we play based on match-ups, games, opponent, etc. Just a suggestion.

CASS

Post by CASS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 pm

I have to be missing something. How do I set a future lineup? The Arrows to future periods do nothing also.