Set Lineup Next Week - Pitchers are Locked ???

rickerbockerNFBC

Set Lineup Next Week - Pitchers are Locked ???

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:27 am

I'm trying to set my lineup for next week and the pitchers are "locked" ("P" is grey out).

Is this being addressed?

As as side note, I don't understand the changes made to the set lineup screen. Seemed to be really good last year and seems like we took a step back this year, actually probably 3/4 steps back this year (wrong direction).

rickerbockerNFBC

Re: Set Lineup Next Week - Pitchers are Locked ???

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:30 am

Also the "arrows" to the right of the screen don't work for me. I have to use the drop down menu to the left of the screen to toggle to the next lineup period. It would be nice if the arrows on the right part of the screen would toggle. On a scale of 1-10 that's a 1 for me. But, I could make a laundry list of things that I would change on the current lineup screen. Just sayin!

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Quoting Philippe27 here:

There's a drop down to look at the schedule for future weeks and there's a drop down to actually change your lineup for future weeks. If you just change the schedule, you're still in the current week so everyone is locked but if you change the actual period (not the schedule) then everything works fine.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:27 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:27 am
I'm trying to set my lineup for next week and the pitchers are "locked" ("P" is grey out).

Is this being addressed?

As as side note, I don't understand the changes made to the set lineup screen. Seemed to be really good last year and seems like we took a step back this year, actually probably 3/4 steps back this year (wrong direction).
After the final games for this period lock, I am pretty certain that the next scoring period will be the default and will show automatically. The key is after the final games lock for the current scoring period. This week is odd because we have teams that still have not played on Saturday.

Last season was the same way, if you wanted to look ahead you had to hit the drop down in advance of the final games of the scoring period.
Joe

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:25 pm

this is really annoying, i am in the same boat i cant set my lineups for future weeks, and i agree the set lineup page is a step back.

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:47 pm

whoops, i see the second drop down now. had to look for it

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 pm

justiceberry wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:47 pm
whoops, i see the second drop down now. had to look for it
ha. yes. same here. so the question is why are there 2 "week" drop downs? I'm sure there is a reason. I hate the extra steps for setting the lineups but for crying out loud.. were people really contacting greg and tom whining that their lineups didn't set right? Players lock 5 minutes before games so these guys were actually demanding roster changes AFTER games had started. The balls! The legal issues with running a big money contest and doing that is dangerous, so unfortunately i get it. i just hope we can streamline as stated above with moving guys inside your lineup without having to bench them.

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 am

croakerkane wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:33 pm
Quoting Philippe27 here:

There's a drop down to look at the schedule for future weeks and there's a drop down to actually change your lineup for future weeks. If you just change the schedule, you're still in the current week so everyone is locked but if you change the actual period (not the schedule) then everything works fine.
THANK YOU! This post definitely helped. Thanks again!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am

I believe that in years past, the default to 'set lineup' was the next period after all teams had played in the current period.
Or, at least something close to that.
It'd be great to go back to that.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:39 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am
I believe that in years past, the default to 'set lineup' was the next period after all teams had played in the current period.
Or, at least something close to that.
It'd be great to go back to that.
Yes, we will discuss tomorrow when the next period should appear on Set Lineup. I think ideally it's once all of the players are locked for this period. For this Friday-Sunday period it would have been Saturday night. This morning should have defaulted to Monday-Sunday, and again, we'll discuss this tomorrow with IT.

You can actually set your starting lineup for any period going forward just by pulling down on the Schedule dropdown. But we'll try to make it easier for you by defaulting to the next scoring period once the current period's players are all locked.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:24 pm

I will admit that we have to make the SET LINEUP button for this week more prominent on that page and do what we can to default to the most current scoring period. I mean, the reason you go to Set Lineup is to set your lineup for that week, so let's get it right in front of you. We will attack this page tomorrow and give an update on what can and can't be changed as soon as we can.

The nuts and bolts are working, but we need to get the exterior around those parts more user-friendly. We can do that.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius