Things that leave me scratching my bald head

Chest Rockwell

Things that leave me scratching my bald head

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:16 pm

I am trying to be nice here. Just had a tremendous time at a live event. This new interface is a hot mess. It has become clear after all these years that the MO of the NFBC is to let the players sort the bugs out because hey we are all a big family and that is what families do. I am just sick of it.

1) I cannot find accurate live league standings anywhere. Maybe I am missing it.
2) I hate the dollar default and arrow buttons on free agent bids. I just almost bid 251 on a player instead of 25. It is useless.
3) No breakout between offense and pitching points on league standings page. We have always had that and imo it is nice to have.
4) We have overall rankings on leagues that do not have overall contests.
5) Player innings left IMO stupid and looks to be highly inaccurate
6) Click on scoring in live scoring. It is useless.
7) My teams drop down can we remove the second my teams click and add a team. Both are useless
I am sure I could find some more. These glitches and lack of planning just suck the fun out of the first weeks of the season. I think there would be more complaining but we have all just gotten used to it. That is not right!

NorCalAtlFan

Re: Things that leave me scratching my bald head

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:21 pm

You're not alone. Aggravating to say the least.
Sites with millions of users don't have these issues.

And please, don't come at us, your customers. It's not personal. We're just airing our grievances on legitimate issues.

PGromek

Post by PGromek » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:36 pm

yeah, the live scoring is screwed up every year it seems.

It is aggravating and it's below the high standard that the NFBC sets in pretty much every other area

simonscrew

Post by simonscrew » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Cutline is very messed up. Almost after the start of last year and this year I'm left wondering why I didn't. Emailed Greg in the late morning, but no reply. I know they're busy trying to fix things, but not getting even responses from either Greg or Tom on the message board is confusing. About to go FAAB, not sure what to expect.
Last edited by simonscrew on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:59 pm

The innings remaining is a laugh.
Clearly, it is from basketball or football.
We were told that these IT folks were fantasy baseball players themselves.
'Innings Remaining' tells us otherwise.

The new 'Set Lineup' page is clearly to track moves and is for IT and Management' benefit, not for the player.
Unfortunately, it is the player that lives on that page in short jumps from team to team.
Now, they are spending wayyy to much time with each team.
We also cannot make some moves after players have started their games.
From our perspective, 'Set Lineup' was fixed, when not broken.
Now, it is broken.

It works for basketball, so it is supposed to work for baseball?
Logistics of this reckoning should have had thought behind it, not just the assumption that what works for one sport will work for another.
The roster page has been a redeeming good thing throughout past technology problems.
The live scoring and FAAB always the poster boy for aggravation among NFBC owners.
Now that FAAB has gotten better, the 'Set Lineup' page is wonky for us.
Live scoring, a continuing irritation for NFBC owners.
One of these days, all three of these things will be fixed to everybody's satisfaction.
Right now, we seem farther away from that than last year at this time.

I could be wrong, but my perception is that selling leagues and having live drafts is the driving force during the month before the season begins.
For Greg, Tom, and Darik, it should be.
It is their jobs to push drafts and host live drafts, answering questions, and generally directing traffic.
The month before the season begins for both baseball and football, I'm sure, are their busiest times.
Why doesn't IT take this time to make sure that Rosters, Live scoring and standings, and FAAB are at the ready for the season's opening games?
Every year, it seems like there is a big time glitch and we spend the first two or three weeks getting fixes.
Then thanking IT for fixing it, when it could have been done much sooner, especially if they really are fantasy baseball playing brethren.
THIS, is their job, right?
Innings Remaining?
C'mon, Man.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:16 pm
I am trying to be nice here. Just had a tremendous time at a live event. This new interface is a hot mess. It has become clear after all these years that the MO of the NFBC is to let the players sort the bugs out because hey we are all a big family and that is what families do. I am just sick of it.

1) I cannot find accurate live league standings anywhere. Maybe I am missing it.
2) I hate the dollar default and arrow buttons on free agent bids. I just almost bid 251 on a player instead of 25. It is useless.
3) No breakout between offense and pitching points on league standings page. We have always had that and imo it is nice to have.
4) We have overall rankings on leagues that do not have overall contests.
5) Player innings left IMO stupid and looks to be highly inaccurate
6) Click on scoring in live scoring. It is useless.
7) My teams drop down can we remove the second my teams click and add a team. Both are useless
I am sure I could find some more. These glitches and lack of planning just suck the fun out of the first weeks of the season. I think there would be more complaining but we have all just gotten used to it. That is not right!
All good points and we are on them today. No, we shouldn't have to rely on our customers to point out the obvious and get features back that we had before, but we have the list of items to address and will do so immediately. I'll post a progress report as soon as I can. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:26 am

Hey Greg, I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start another thread about a minor problem...

Last night, after the FAAB bids were finalized, our newly FAAB'd players were not on our rosters immediately.
They were after the overnight run though.
Just wanted to let you know.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:26 am
Hey Greg, I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start another thread about a minor problem...

Last night, after the FAAB bids were finalized, our newly FAAB'd players were not on our rosters immediately.
Hmmm, I'll ask IT about this. FAAB ran in 18 minutes last night, but I'll make sure the players are listed immediately after they are processed. Thanks for the heads up.

And look for changes today and throughout the week on the rest of what has been discussed on the boards. We went through every item and I think you'll like the upcoming changes shortly. We're on it. Thanks all.

And going forward this platform will just roll over year-to-year, so every change we make now will be there going forward. So let's get each page exactly as we want right now and move forward. We are done changing platforms each year. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 am

We are done changing platforms each year. Thanks.
How do you know this year different? I mean, no offense or anything but you probably weren't at the beginning of other seasons saying, "We have platform changes aplenty still comin'!"
Chance favors the prepared mind.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:26 am

They are there if you picked the following period. The “first” period pick, not the second one. I noticed this as well but overnight the default period switches over from Week 1 to Week 2.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:07 pm

bjoak wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 am

We are done changing platforms each year. Thanks.
How do you know this year different? I mean, no offense or anything but you probably weren't at the beginning of other seasons saying, "We have platform changes aplenty still comin'!"
No offense taken Brian. I did not expect a platform change after our first season here, but I understand why the move was made and why this will be an easy rollover from 2019 to 2020. No more waiting for 2019 teams to show up later and no more surprises on Opening Day. Now let's get the rest of these changes made so we don't have to have this conversation again.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius