Updated Tech Changes

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Updated Tech Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:24 am

We are POSITIVE Dusty. The Standings each night were correctly updating, but Live Scoring team totals were incorrect this Friday, Saturday and Sunday for anyone who benched a hitter or hitters on Friday. Standings have been checked from the weekend and are absolutely correct. And again, this is fixed going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Awesome. Thanks for double checking.

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:26 pm
Two changes that you'll see this week:

** For the weekend games, Set Lineup will now show only Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. Gone for the Friday-Sunday Set Lineup are all 7 days of games.

Sorry for the issues. Live Standings will match everywhere now, as will Live Scoring. And Set Lineup should be easier on Fridays. Good luck all.
Unless this doesn't change until Friday, the Set Lineup for the next Fri-Sun period is still showing all seven days of this week.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

** For the weekend games, Set Lineup will now show only Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. Gone for the Friday-Sunday Set Lineup are all 7 days of games.

Sorry for the issues. Live Standings will match everywhere now, as will Live Scoring. And Set Lineup should be easier on Fridays. Good luck all.
Unless this doesn't change until Friday, the Set Lineup for the next Fri-Sun period is still showing all seven days of this week.
It will change.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 am

Just something little. When I’m checking standings on phone and I look at ERA and WHIP the standings are backwards. It shows highest total at top. This should be switched around so lowest Is at top on each of these.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed May 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks for the Fri-Sun lineup fix!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 01, 2019 7:26 pm

JohnP wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:12 pm
Thanks for the Fri-Sun lineup fix!
Yes this is here now:

** For weekend scoring period, games showing now are just for Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Set Lineup.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 am

Okay, a couple of more subtle changes to add today. Here you go:

** Player Profiles Page: We added a Weekly Log tab that shows you a player's week-by-week results for the season.
** On Free Agents page under All Positions we now have hitters listed in the first link as All Hitters. They were listed under near the bottom as Utility before. This is more clearly defines where all of the hitters are located and puts them at the very top.
** We added John Pausma's Main Event Big Check picture to the NFBC Players, Recent Winners link. Enjoy the photo of our 2018 Main Event champ!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu May 02, 2019 11:16 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 am
Le Grand Orange wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

It will change.
Live scoring standings and live standings are getting worse. Ridiculous.
Last edited by Money on Thu May 02, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am

any update on this?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am
any update on this?
Priorities.
We get to see a picture of John with his check.
Enjoy.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu May 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Money wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:16 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Le Grand Orange wrote:

It will change.
Live scoring standings and live standings are getting worse. Ridiculous
Can you give us an example Joe? A league number? I logged into your account, clicked on some teams and didn't see an issue. Please give us a league number and what you see as being incorrect. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm

they were completely off this morning tom(era and whip extraordinarily so). seems to be fixed now

any reason why they were out of whack? for example, everyone had a 30.00 era or higher and similar whip

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu May 02, 2019 1:51 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm
they were completely off this morning tom(era and whip extraordinarily so). seems to be fixed now

any reason why they were out of whack? for example, everyone had a 30.00 era or higher and similar whip
I don't know but I'll ask. Please email us if you see an issue. That will help us get a prompter reply. Thanks
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Post by Money » Thu May 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:46 pm
Money wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:16 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

It will change.
Live scoring standings and live standings are getting worse. Ridiculous
Can you give us an example Joe? A league number? I logged into your account, clicked on some teams and didn't see an issue. Please give us a league number and what you see as being incorrect. Thanks.
All appears fine now!
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 02, 2019 2:22 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 pm

For Bryan, Joe, Dan and anyone else: If Live Standings are off for whatever reason do us a favor and email us and we'll alert IT immediately. Posting something like "ridiculous" on the boards first of all doesn't alert us to the problem and secondly doesn't solve the problem. Nobody wants glitches, but we aren't on the game site 24/7 so you may see something before we do or even IT does. IT saw the Live Standings bug and fixed it even before we told them about it, but the posts here seemed less to call it to our attention and more to call out yet another bug.

We get it. But we'd rather get it fixed, so email us and we'll get it done.

And sorry John, our priority wasn't posting your photo over having Live Standings working this morning. Both are equally important to us. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu May 02, 2019 11:21 pm

"Okay, I know last night wasn't fun with the 1-hour delay to FAAB, but there was some good news to report on FAAB. We made a few tweaks to how we run FAAB and last night all FAAB bids were processed in 2 minutes and 24 seconds. Hopefully you noticed the change last night and it cut down on some of the wait time. There were more than 42,000 bids last night, second-highest total this year and it still ran that fast.

I'll try to get more information on the server issues we had last night and post on a separate thread. This is something we thought we had solved, but obviously the combination of FAAB, Live Scoring, Live Standings, Live Overall Standings during the busiest traffic time is creating so many queries to the system that it bogs down and we HAVE to figure this out. We thought eliminating the auto-Save function in FAAB was the solution and now we'll have to look at everything again. We are on it, I promise you that."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Has the problem been found?
Is it going to happen again?
Will Live Scoring be shut down to run FAAB every week?

Every drafter went through the angst of having no way to put their FAAB bids in, being frustrated, then spending another hour away from families in putting in bids.
FAAB ran smoothly. Kudos. Woo Hoo. Well done. Way to go. Awesome.
(It says a lot that something that SHOULD work is "Some good news to report"')
And yes, I am grumpy.
On my tombstone-

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 03, 2019 8:12 am

IT is working to ensure the issue does not occur again. Shutting off Live Scoring was a workaround that did help alleviate the issue last Sunday but there are no current plans to do that permanently.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:24 am
We are POSITIVE Dusty. The Standings each night were correctly updating, but Live Scoring team totals were incorrect this Friday, Saturday and Sunday for anyone who benched a hitter or hitters on Friday. Standings have been checked from the weekend and are absolutely correct. And again, this is fixed going forward.
Greg, it looks like standings totals are still incorrect this week-end.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:24 am
Greg, it looks like standings totals are still incorrect this week-end.
Email us a league number please and the stats you think are incorrect. Nothing is showing as incorrect on our end. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun May 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Everything worked with FAAB.
Good.
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 am

One item that we added last week that I didn't post here involved your FAAB bid lists. We now have up and down arrows there to go along with the drop 'n drag feature. I've added this to the list of updated tech changes on page one:

** Up and Down arrows have been added to your FAAB bid lists. It's no longer just drop 'n drag to move players within your bid lists.

Also, FAAB bids all ran in 2 minutes and 47 seconds last night. Just sayin'. ;) The last three weeks have all run in less than 3 minutes.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon May 20, 2019 5:13 am

Could there be a tab somewhere or on the overall standings that showed remaining FAAB left for a team? I know this will be low on the priority list but I'm sure some would find useful and interesting.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 am

Helluva night for FAAB. Largest run of the year. 19,027 claim lists, 57,784 items. All done in a blistering 2:45. Well done by our IT job providing lightning fast results.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon May 20, 2019 7:51 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 am
Helluva night for FAAB. Largest run of the year. 19,027 claim lists, 57,784 items. All done in a blistering 2:45. Well done by our IT job providing lightning fast results.
Agreed. Love the lightening pace of FAAB in recent weeks. Last night, in particular, it would have been tough waiting on the results. Thanks, guys!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"