Updated Tech Changes

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Updated Tech Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:30 pm
Just checked...
Games played by position is not on the players card.....
Dan, there is a category on that player card that says Games By Position. Click on that and you see current 2019 games and 2018 results.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:58 pm

It's there now. A couple of the changes were not working right after Greg's post but appear to be working correctly now.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Yep. There now.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Greg,

On the set lineup page for the mobile "app", it requires you to click on the "show schedule" box to see the upcoming games. I think that should be the default option and let you click the box if you DON'T want to see the schedule.

Thanks!
Marc
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:55 am

I don't know what the use is for the "scoring" tab. Please advise.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 pm
Greg,

On the set lineup page for the mobile "app", it requires you to click on the "show schedule" box to see the upcoming games. I think that should be the default option and let you click the box if you DON'T want to see the schedule.

Thanks!
Marc
Yes. We already sent this to IT
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

marknym

Post by marknym » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 am

Noticed that if you click any pitcher for his pop-up page, that K's are listed as 0 for every game under "Game Logs." For every pitcher.
Mark Evans

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:34 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:55 am
I don't know what the use is for the "scoring" tab. Please advise.
If we are down to correcting this Tech issue then we are in GREAT SHAPE!!!

It's meant to show that each 5x5 category is weighted equally. I suppose we should change that to 15 points for most NFBC leagues and 12 points for each category in Online Championships, but that's what it's there for.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 am

I’m still having to bench a starter to then put him in another spot after. For example I want to move Joey Gallo to CI for Justin Smoak then insert an OF for Gallo. Right now I have to bench Gallo then swap out Smoak for Gallo. Is this a change that is coming or is this the way it is staying. I just want to know if I need to plan more time for setting lineups.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 am

Last year, our 'Set Lineup' page on Friday's would have the upcoming FRI SAT SUN with MON TUES WED THURS of the next week following.
This year, the old Mon-Thurs has been kept with our current FRI SAT SUN on the tail end, making it a little more difficult to read.
Can this be changed to the way it was last year?
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:57 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 am
Last year, our 'Set Lineup' page on Friday's would have the upcoming FRI SAT SUN with MON TUES WED THURS of the next week following.
This year, the old Mon-Thurs has been kept with our current FRI SAT SUN on the tail end, making it a little more difficult to read.
Can this be changed to the way it was last year?
We have asked for this change to Friday-Sunday games.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am

Gb2715 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 am
I’m still having to bench a starter to then put him in another spot after. For example I want to move Joey Gallo to CI for Justin Smoak then insert an OF for Gallo. Right now I have to bench Gallo then swap out Smoak for Gallo. Is this a change that is coming or is this the way it is staying. I just want to know if I need to plan more time for setting lineups.
I posted above that this is a change that is coming next week. We still need to do some work on this, so it won't be ready today or Monday. But yes, it will be changed to what you had last year for making the simple switch to CI.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am
Gb2715 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 am
I posted above that this is a change that is coming next week. We still need to do some work on this, so it won't be ready today or Monday. But yes, it will be changed to what you had last year for making the simple switch to CI.
Perfect thanks Greg

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:02 am

marknym wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 am
Noticed that if you click any pitcher for his pop-up page, that K's are listed as 0 for every game under "Game Logs." For every pitcher.

Just reposting to make sure this one wasn’t missed.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:06 am

Also re-posting this one....

FAAB stats for pitchers are :lol: with CG and QS. Should be ERA and WHIP.

Up/Down arrows next to each name in our bids would make the process faster for us.

Also, the scroller should not be on the extreme right side of the page.
It should be with the players so that we can still see our bids instead of having them scroll by with the players.
This should be the same way for when using the next page to drop players as well.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:34 am

One more...

We have red boxes with white crosses to indicate that a player is injured in some way.
Can this be changed to.....

Red boxes with white crosses would mean the player is on either the 10 day or 60 day IL

Yellow boxes with white crosses would indicate the player is day-to-day.

This would tell us, in a glance, the severity of the players injury.
On my tombstone-

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:21 pm

Can't search by K's for pitchers in FAAB by "Last 7" or" Week 2" filters, only by 2019 Stats which includes prior scoring periods. Why are we not getting K's on the player cards game logs or on FAAB Filters!??!! This is BASIC stuff. Third Week of FAAB, get your shit together boys.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Apologies in advance if this has already been brought up...

On our "Set Lineup" page, would it be possible to click on a player and drag him to the position we want? Kind of like how we do with re-ordering conditionals on a faab bid?

I guess my larger issue is that when I click on the player's position next to his name, the entire screen does some weird scoll up/scroll down before I can then select who to switch the player with. It's a strain on the eyes for a moment and I just think this could be smoother.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:17 pm

rkulaski wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:49 pm

On our "Set Lineup" page, would it be possible to click on a player and drag him to the position we want? Kind of like how we do with re-ordering conditionals on a faab bid?

I guess my larger issue is that when I click on the player's position next to his name, the entire screen does some weird scoll up/scroll down before I can then select who to switch the player with. It's a strain on the eyes for a moment and I just think this could be smoother.
Why? You don't like spending 20 minutes doing something that should only take you 20 seconds? Why not make a bunch of changes to the website that most people seemed to like last year and then have a plethora of problems with the new site. Oh yeah, while fixing all the problems during the season while frustrating customers? Great business model.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:45 pm

It's true.
They broke something that didn't need fixed.
Rosters have been reliable and easy over the years.
Many, many folks have many, many DC's reliant that fast lineups would be the norm.
Easy rosters and set lineup was a staple of the NFBC.
No worries...... Until now.
New Company, new IT, new idea, new platform, whatever it is, it's not good. Out with the new, in with the old.

FAAB has come a long way and is close to being the standard in the industry. No major fixes are needed. Just a clean up on some categories.
PLEASE, do not 'fix' FAAB.

Live Scoring, mediocre at best.
This is the area that the NFBC has never seemingly mastered.
Other sites, clearly better in this arena.
On my tombstone-

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:29 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:17 pm
rkulaski wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Why? You don't like spending 20 minutes doing something that should only take you 20 seconds? Why not make a bunch of changes to the website that most people seemed to like last year and then have a plethora of problems with the new site. Oh yeah, while fixing all the problems during the season while frustrating customers? Great business model.
I love Greg, love the nfbc, but yeah the set lineup page is a headache. I don’t remember exactly how last year’s set lineup page worked, but that’s a good thing, right? Must not have had any issues last year.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi Greg,
A few things under the live stats pages:
1. Starting Pitching is showing YTD crazy WHIPs always. Not sure why.
2. Rankings is super confusing. You should be able to chose YTD or Period

Set Transactions:
3. When are the fixes going into move players? Took me 10 minutes today moving players around for totally legal moves. Fortunately we had multi-positional players to make it work
4. I am not sure who provides your "starters" but the list is terrible compared to ESPNs

Also, looking forward to games played...

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:41 pm

FAAB ran in about 5 minutes.
AWESOME STUFF!
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 pm

I've got more, but I'm just so agitated right now with all the issues I'm having like everyone else is in the middle of season play. :evil: Remember, if ain't broke, don't fix it! And how many times have I begged for you guys to beta test with some of us far in advance of launch and also to survey your clientele in addition to doing live round table discussions each year for feedback and brainstorming improvements from the top people who use your product. Again us! So much of this shit could have been avoided. Such a distraction which takes away so much of the enjoyment from your contests which I was on such a high about coming out of the live events. :x
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

sfeschuk

Post by sfeschuk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 am

Hey, small thing but I noticed yesterday in FAAB that when you toggled to Schedule mode, you saw the schedule for the current week – not the upcoming week. Seems like an easy fix but an important one.