Updated Tech Changes

NorCalAtlFan

Re: Updated Tech Changes

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:13 pm

I hear you champ. I just dont remember them appearing with the starters in scoring

If I had 7 bench bats and moved them to starters, this way in scoring it would show all 21 batters as a group with no one showing on bench

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:04 pm

live scoring a mess. again.

eta on this?

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:13 pm
I hear you champ. I just dont remember them appearing with the starters in scoring

If I had 7 bench bats and moved them to starters, this way in scoring it would show all 21 batters as a group with no one showing on bench
Yes - I see now what you are referencing.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am

Le Grand Orange wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:19 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am
Le Grand Orange wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 pm
Greg,

On the set lineup page for the mobile "app", it requires you to click on the "show schedule" box to see the upcoming games. I think that should be the default option and let you click the box if you DON'T want to see the schedule.

Thanks!
Marc
Just making sure this is still on the list for IT.
This should be done now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am
Le Grand Orange wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:19 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am

Just making sure this is still on the list for IT.
This should be done now.
Sorry Greg. Not working yet that I can see.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Agreed. When I go into mobile to look at my teams' lineups, the schedules still are not showing up unless and until you click a box. I think the default should be to show the lineups with the schedules. We need a fix so that the default always shows schedules, or somehow allow owners to elect that as their personal default option. I realize clicking a box for each team to show the schedules does not sound like a big deal, but when you frequently adjust lineups via a cellphone and have a lot of teams, it is a real pain in the ass to have to click that box 19 times. Thanks for anything you can do to fix this soon.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm

It was changed so that the box stays checked within a team across scoring periods. I've requested that the box is checked as a default now (on mobile this is), so that you have to actually "uncheck" it to not see schedule. So this should work going across teams now once implemented.

D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 pm

We have a couple of more tech updates today. I especially like the sortable stat categories for pitchers and hitters now on Live Scoring. That will allow you to see the top performers for each period and hopefully soon it will show Today and Yesterday top performers, too. Enjoy.

** When you now go to Live Scoring and click on the Players tab there are categories that are sortable for that scoring period. Just click on the All Positions tab and pull down to All Hitters. You will see the 7 offensive categories that are sortable to show you who were the top hitters for at scoring period in each category. You can see the same thing if you move All Positions to All Pitchers too. There are nine sortable columns there. We hope to be able to sort that data by Today and maybe even Yesterday once we had those pulldowns.
** When choosing `Schedule` from the FAAB page, the page now displays next week's schedule.
** Quality Starts has been removed on the FAAB Page and on Team Stats (MLB Stats) and replaced with Runs for all Pitchers.
** NFBC Post season contest has been added to Registration and a contest page has been added to Contest Overview. More details to come.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 am

the set lineup page today still shows the games from Monday-thursday. why did this change? when are you going to fix it?

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:07 pm

For the second day there is a discrepancy between the live scoring standings and the standings listed under the standings tab. This was true overnight and has carried over into today. Which set of standings are correct?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Money wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:07 pm
For the second day there is a discrepancy between the live scoring standings and the standings listed under the standings tab. This was true overnight and has carried over into today. Which set of standings are correct?
League Standings.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Money wrote:

The good news is, with todays action the NFBC Live Scoring page has continued its 15 year streak of not recording the first DH of the season.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Money wrote:
League Standings.
I assume this will get fixed at some point. It’s tough having a bad day only to find out it’s worse. There has to be a legitimate source for live scoring.
Joe

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Any idea if the 1st game of the Indians double header is being counted into the stats? Doesn’t show on the live scoring. Is this a live scoring issue or total site issue??

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:55 am

Rotofan18 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm
Any idea if the 1st game of the Indians double header is being counted into the stats? Doesn’t show on the live scoring. Is this a live scoring issue or total site issue??
Yes all Saturday games are being counted. The makeup games yesterday were not being included in Live Scoring as we need to account for those with the new platform. Sorry about that. We will make that a top priority this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am

We added a couple of new features today, one involving doubleheaders. You can see on Set Lineup now that doubleheaders are accounted for. Also, Live Scoring does display both game results of the doubleheader, which you may have noticed on Tuesday during the Tigers-Red Sox doubleheader. Here's the additions today:

** Double headers now appear on the schedule on set lineup and both games show up in Live Scoring
** Live scoring players tab now has a team owner column so you can see who owns the player
** Batting order has been moved to after the position
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Can we please remove the Monday-thursday games when setting our lineups on Friday? I know Darik thinks its a cool feature to look at old box scores, but it just gets in the way and makes the setting of lineups slower and confusing. Does anybody else feel the same way, or am I on an island with this request?

Scott Waggener

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Scoony32 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 pm
Can we please remove the Monday-thursday games when setting our lineups on Friday? I know Darik thinks its a cool feature to look at old box scores, but it just gets in the way and makes the setting of lineups slower and confusing. Does anybody else feel the same way, or am I on an island with this request?

Scott Waggener

Totally agree. Just prefer cleaner page to set lineup and not what games have passed already. Personally they don't help me set my lineup for the weekend

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Scoony32 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Scott Waggener
It's a nuisance.
Rosters were fine last year.
If I see the word 'platform' one more time.... :cry:
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Two changes that you'll see this week:

** For the weekend games, Set Lineup will now show only Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. Gone for the Friday-Sunday Set Lineup are all 7 days of games.
** Live Scoring totals have now been fixed. When we fixed the Cutline Championship scoring from two periods to one weekly period two weeks ago, we inadvertently affected the Live Scoring for our other formats. At first hitters that you benched on Friday showed up within your Starters and were included in the Live Scoring team totals. We fixed that last Friday to make sure all Bench players on Friday showed up on the Bench, but their stats still were being added up each day in the team totals. Now we have it fixed and Bench players on Friday will go to the Bench along with their damn stats. Enough of that.

Sorry for the issues. Live Standings will match everywhere now, as will Live Scoring. And Set Lineup should be easier on Fridays. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Maybe I’m the only one who uses this feature, but I still don’t think that the Watchlist works how it’s intended.

If I add Jordan Zimmermann to my watchlist in league 1, then he should be on my watchlist in any other of my leagues that he’s a free agent. This is a great feature as now I don’t have to waste time searching for him in my other 15 leagues. However, this is not working across all of my leagues. For example, there were multiple leagues that I had to still manually search for Michael Chavis because he wasn’t added to my watchlist across all of my leagues.

Also, I’ve noticed that if I remove a player from my watchlist in one league, he will continue to show up on my watchlist in other leagues. I don’t know if this is a problem with every free agent, but it is a problem even if it’s just with a few players.

Can we improve the reliability of the watchlist ??
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:20 pm

rkulaski wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 pm
Maybe I’m the only one who uses this feature, but I still don’t think that the Watchlist works how it’s intended.

If I add Jordan Zimmermann to my watchlist in league 1, then he should be on my watchlist in any other of my leagues that he’s a free agent. This is a great feature as now I don’t have to waste time searching for him in my other 15 leagues. However, this is not working across all of my leagues. For example, there were multiple leagues that I had to still manually search for Michael Chavis because he wasn’t added to my watchlist across all of my leagues.

Also, I’ve noticed that if I remove a player from my watchlist in one league, he will continue to show up on my watchlist in other leagues. I don’t know if this is a problem with every free agent, but it is a problem even if it’s just with a few players.

Can we improve the reliability of the watchlist ??
Rich, I can't re-produce any of these results. It's working perfectly for me in every scenario I try. Give me a shout at 651-895-0583, and let's see if we can't figure out what is going on.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Darik,

I will do that in next day or two. Thanks for the offer. Will make things easier on me if I can get this to work .
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm

Can you please fix the lineup page so I can view the entire week in one view? There is so much dead space between the players name and the start of the schedule that if all of that dead space was eliminated I hope that I could view the entire week like it has been all of the other years I have played. Frustrating to say the least, especially with all that blank space just staring me in the face.

THANK YOU!

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Greg,

Did you make sure none of those stats that showed up for bench players were added into the current stats that are now current for the year? Just want to make 100% sure and know that this was actually looked at. Thanks for checking.