Updated Tech Changes

Greg Ambrosius

Updated Tech Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Let's use this thread to update tech changes that have been made since Opening Day. There are plenty of threads to tell us what still needs to be done and we've addressed them with IT, but let's have this one thread available for updates that you can now see.

So today here are some of the changes:

** League Live Scoring now shows league standings on the left side rather than default each day to a new set of standings. We will remove PIR next.
** When you click your league link on My Teams it will take you right to your League Standings rather than League Home. If you click your team link on My Teams it takes you to Set Lineup.
** We have added Hitting and Pitching Points to League Standings and Overall Standings.
** My FAAB Results now default to the current scoring period. It was stuck on March 24th last night.
** We've added a column for Rank Changes on League & Overall Standings. This will show you how many spots you've moved up or down in the league and overall standings. I love this and it was something we had in the past.
** Live Scoring - Took out Player Innings Remaining
** Live Scoring - Added YTD totals underneath starters. You now have two columns of stats on Live Scoring: Daily Totals and current Year To Date totals.
** Set Lineup - We have removed both Confirmation boxes. It is now set up like last year where you see that your lineup changes have been saved, but no popup box appears.
** Set Lineup - You now have just one box for Set Lineup with current and future dates. That is the box that is currently showing Wk 2: Mon. Apr 1-Thur Apr 4. Pull the arrow down in that box and you can set your starting lineup for any future scoring period. There is now a box to the right of it that shows the current Schedule, but you can also pull that arrow down to click on Season Stats. That shows all of the current season stats and % Owned and % Started for each player. Any player movement changes will then appear in the top box that is currently white and showing No Changes.
** Set Lineup - This page automatically moves now to the next scoring period once all players on your roster are locked for the current scoring period.
** Set Lineup - A Lock symbol will now appear for players who have played in a game. For Friday-Sunday pitchers will be grayed out.
** Set Lineup - The scoring period rolls over to the next period after all your players lock for that scoring period.
** Team Stats/Overall Standings: Cutline decimals are gone; there are no partial points during regular season of the Cutline Championship
** Player Popup: Games Played By Position for non pitchers are now added
** My Teams Dropdown: All of your teams are now viewable; was limited before
** Pending FAAB: Pending FAAB page shows all of your FAAB bids for all of your leagues on one page
** Live Scoring: Added batting order to each player in a lineup today (this was a feature we had last year)
** Live Scoring: Added a Green ball to indicate when a player is at bat on the Games tab only for now (we had this last year)
** Live Scoring: Categories order changed now to industry standards
** We have added draft spot position to every team in the national overall standings.
** Player popout cards have eligibility specific to NFBC games.
** Stat categories for Hitters and Pitchers are in the same order for Live Scoring and Team Stats.
** FAAB listing for pitchers now show all Ks, BBs and Hits Allowed when filtered by scoring period.

** Set Lineup: Can now move multi-position players to a different position easily.

** Overall Standings for each contest now has pulldowns for every week of the contest to show YTD (who was winning after every week) and Weekly (best weekly performances for any week in each contest), along with Category Stats and Category Points for any given week.
** There is now a green shade to highlight your team on the FAAB Results page.
** Scoring for the Cutline and all other NFBC contests in live scoring will show the full week of scoring, not Mon-Thur and Fri-Sun.
** NFBC Post season contest has been added to Registration and a contest page has been added to Contest Overview. More details to come.
** When choosing `Schedule` from the FAAB page, the page now displays next week's schedule.
** When you now go to Live Scoring and click on the Players tab there are categories that are sortable for that scoring period. Just click on the All Positions tab and pull down to All Hitters. You will see the 7 offensive categories that are sortable to show you who were the top hitters for at scoring period in each category. You can see the same thing if you move All Positions to All Pitchers too. There are nine sortable columns there. We hope to be able to sort that data by Today and maybe even Yesterday once we had those pulldowns.
** Quality Starts has been removed on the FAAB Page and on Team Stats (MLB Stats) and replaced with Runs for all Pitchers.
** Double headers now appear on the schedule on set lineup and both games show up in Live Scoring.
** Live scoring players tab now has a team owner column so you can see who owns the player
** Batting order has been moved to after the position
** For weekend scoring period, games showing now are just for Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Set Lineup.
** Player Profiles Page: We added a Weekly Log tab that shows you a player's week-by-week results for the season.
** On Free Agents page under All Positions we now have hitters listed in the first link as All Hitters. They were listed under near the bottom as Utility before. This is more clearly defines where all of the hitters are located and puts them at the very top.
** We added John Pausma's Main Event Big Check picture to the NFBC Players, Recent Winners link. Enjoy the photo of our 2018 Main Event champ!
** Up and Down arrows have been added to your FAAB bid lists. It's no longer just drop 'n drag to move players within your bid lists.
** Player Cards for Cutline leagues now show Cutline point totals under Season Log, Weekly Log and Game Log.

I'll add to this link as we push more items from development to production today and throughout the week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

simonscrew

Re: Updated Tech Changes

Post by simonscrew » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

just checked live scoring in my cutline leagues and the computer still can't put bench players on the theoretical active roster and replace theoretical active roster players who have a negative number. Don't know if this fix is coming but certainly makes tracking on a daily basis confusing. My example is in league #569 1B M.Carpenter is -4.00 and on my bench is M. Cabrera is still at 0.00. This may happen overnight, but again be nice to true up to date stats.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 am

Okay, additions and updates today that I'll post here and add to the top thread:

** We've added a column for Rank Changes on League & Overall Standings. This will show you how many spots you've moved up or down in the league and overall standings. I love this and it was something we had in the past.

** Live Scoring - Took out Player Innings Remaining

** Live Scoring - Added YTD totals underneath starters. You now have two columns of stats on Live Scoring: Daily Totals and current Year To Date totals.

** Set Lineup - We have removed both Confirmation boxes. It is now set up like last year where you see that your lineup changes have been saved, but no popup box appears.

I will update other changes as they are pushed from development to production.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:42 am

Greg,
On our roster page, bench players that have yet to play during the period are obvious by having a white box next to their name.
It would be helpful if the same could be provided for our starting players.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:42 am
Greg,
On our roster page, bench players that have yet to play during the period are obvious by having a white box next to their name.
It would be helpful if the same could be provided for our starting players.
This was discussed yesterday and will be implemented with a Lock symbol, just like we had last year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Hopefully the confusion over Set Lineup has been eliminated with better use of the pulldowns on that page. Here's the current change:

** Set Lineup - You now have just one box for Set Lineup with current and future dates. That is the box that is currently showing Wk 2: Mon. Apr 1-Thur Apr 4. Pull the arrow down in that box and you can set your starting lineup for any future scoring period. There is now a box to the right of it that shows the current Schedule, but you can also pull that arrow down to click on Season Stats. That shows all of the current season stats and % Owned and % Started for each player. Any player movement changes will then appear in the top box that is currently white and showing No Changes.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

simonscrew

Post by simonscrew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Hate to keep mentioning this, but I don't see any changes happening in Cutline. Is there a reason for this?

HardEights

Post by HardEights » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 am

Why can we see what positions a player is eligible for only when they are in a MI/CI/UT spot? Shouldn't we be able to see that for every player on the roster at all times?

Where can we track how many appearances a player has made at each position so we can monitor future eligibility? That should be a tab on the player page.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:39 am

HardEights wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 am
Why can we see what positions a player is eligible for only when they are in a MI/CI/UT spot? Shouldn't we be able to see that for every player on the roster at all times?

Where can we track how many appearances a player has made at each position so we can monitor future eligibility? That should be a tab on the player page.
It will be located on the Player Profile card.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

HardEights

Post by HardEights » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks Greg but (assuming the player profile is the page with News, Season Log and Game Log), it does not show how many times they have appeared at each position. Am I looking at the right thing?

The old site had each position and a number under it for how many times they appeared there.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Two more slight changes were added today:

** Set Lineup - This page automatically moves now to the next scoring period once all players on your roster are locked for the current scoring period.
** Set Lineup - A Lock symbol will now appear for players who have played in a game
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:50 pm

HardEights wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am
Thanks Greg but (assuming the player profile is the page with News, Season Log and Game Log), it does not show how many times they have appeared at each position. Am I looking at the right thing?

The old site had each position and a number under it for how many times they appeared there.
No, it doesn't show that yet. It will after we make that change, just like it did last year for each position played.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:25 pm

FYI the player tab does not necessarily have the right position listed. I have jeff mcneil. He only has 2b eligibility. When I drafted him his player tab said OF. Now after a game played at 3b his player tab says 3b. With tons of injuries the games played tab will be huge.

Also can we re-arrange the stats on the Live Scoring? The pitching isn't great but I'm fine if it stays like that. We need to get the hitting listed right. In my opinion it should be RUNS, HRS, RBI, SB, AVG. I'm indifferent to the hits/vs abs placement but I do think it makes more sense to see HITS before AB's.

thanks for the continued fixes.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:48 pm

** Set Lineup - A Lock symbol will now appear for players who have played in a game
Any chance that you could make the schedule show just the Fri-Sun games when it advances? Like last year? Especially helpful / useful when using mobile.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:21 am

The stats on Live Scoring will read like a box score shortly, just as most people have asked for it:

AB R H RBI Avg. HR SB
IP H R ER BB K W SV ERA WHIP

Look for those changes soon. And they will stay that way for eternity!!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:21 am
The stats on Live Scoring will read like a box score shortly, just as most people have asked for it:

AB R H RBI Avg. HR SB

I’m sorry, who is asking for this order? The current live scoring visual stinks & the layout ordering is even more maddening. Do it the way everyone is accustomed to seeing a fantasy line, AB/H/ AVG/R/HR/RBI/ SB. May be funny to you but not to the majority of us. The lack of attention to detail of basic fantasy layout that we are all accustomed is astounding.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:40 am

I asked for this. :oops: It's a box score with all of the relevant fantasy categories.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:52 am

JohnP wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Any chance that you could make the schedule show just the Fri-Sun games when it advances? Like last year? Especially helpful / useful when using mobile.
Plus 1. Please.
Joe

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

AB R H RBI Avg. HR SB

Please not this order for hitters. I also prefer AB/H/AVG/R/HR/RBI/ SB. It matches the way we are used to looking at fantasy stats. R/HR/RBI/SB in succession.

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:24 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

AB R H RBI Avg. HR SB

Umm, pretty sure this is a new layout, its never been the standard. How many years did you do your magazine? How many years did you list the stats in that F-ed up way? I'll tell you, never.

adds some freaking polls if you don't like it. but we are always back to the same point. at the end of the year LAST YEAR we were all happy, for the most part, on how the damn site worked. now we start back at shit and its the same pissy attitude over and over again. Just like we said last year, 2017 should have the been the starting point for the 2018 website but it wasn't. the 2018 website should have been the baseline and the blueprint you started with this year, but you didn't.

I'm sorry for stating the obvious, but if you are aiming to run the best game then you need to have the best site. And truthfully HRS and SBS are NEVER listed in the box score. They are always added below the box score where you see 2bs, 3bs, rbi, etc.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Rotowire = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
Baseball HQ = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
ESPN = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
Razzball= R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2018 NFBC Team Stats = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2018 NFBC Live Scoring = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2019 NFBC Team Stats = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE

2019 NFBC Live Scoring = R / RBI / AVE / HR / SB

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:02 pm

JohnP wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:31 pm
Rotowire = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
Baseball HQ = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
ESPN = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
Razzball= R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2018 NFBC Team Stats = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2018 NFBC Live Scoring = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE
2019 NFBC Team Stats = R / HR / RBI / SB / AVE

2019 NFBC Live Scoring = R / RBI / AVE / HR / SB
Okay, forget about eternity. We'll switch it to this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:10 pm

There are two critical tech pieces we know that have to be added to the software that WON'T be ready until next week. Both won't be ready for this weekend's moves or Monday's moves as we still need to test out all of this. But we are working on them. They include:

** Moving multi-position players within your starting lineup. We will make this just as easy to maneuver as it was last year, but it won't be available Friday and Monday. You can still move those players as long as you are able to first Bench your starter with a similar player on your bench and then switch this starter to a different position if needed, but if you don't have that type of hitter on your bench mid-week you can't do that at this point. We should have this finalized by next week. And we will also have the ability to move Locked players to a different position next week, again just like you had last year.

** We also will add a toggle on FAAB that allows you to just move from one of your team's FAAB pages to another. That toggle will show up around your Claims box. Right now you can toggle from team to team once you are on the FAAB page by just clicking on My Teams and choosing the next team you want to do FAAB on. That will take you to that team's FAAB page. We will make sure you have access to all of your teams under that My Teams tab so that you can easily do FAAB for multiple teams. But a quicker solution is a pulldown toggle right on that FAAB page and we'll add that in the next week.

We still need to add the Games Played By Position to Player cards and we'll change the order of the categories on Live Scoring. We have a couple of other items we are looking at as well and will update once those are done. Sorry for the delay on a couple of these items.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Okay, we made some progress on some of the other items on our list for this week. Here are some of those changes, which include the categories being re-ordered on Live Scoring and Team Stats:

** Set Lineup - The scoring period rolls over to the next period after all your players lock for that scoring period.
** Team Stats/Overall Standings: Cutline decimals are gone; there are no partial points during regular season of the Cutline Championship
** Player Popup: Games Played By Position for non pitchers are now added
** My Teams Dropdown: All of your teams are now viewable; was limited before
** Pending FAAB: Pending FAAB page shows all of your FAAB bids for all of your leagues on one page
** Live Scoring: Added batting order to each player in a lineup today (this was a feature we had last year)
** Live Scoring: Added a Green ball to indicate when a player is at bat on the Games tab only for now (we had this last year)
** Live Scoring: Categories order changed now to industry standards
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Just checked...
Games played by position is not on the players card.....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!