Live Scoring Part 2

Money

Live Scoring Part 2

Post by Money » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Come on this is ridiculous. I have refrained from participating in the frustration that has been on going with the site this season. Partly because I was traveling and only looking at it on an ipad and partly because of my propensity to be negative.

Live scoring is an unmitigated mess tonight again after seemingly they got some of it figured out. This is sucking the life and fun out of this hobby for me. Can this please be addressed immediately? We have never had to look at benched players in a look that makes it appear that they are in the lineup with stats calculating but not really calculating.

Please, enough is enough.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Live Scoring Part 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:40 am

The changes we made to correct the Live Scoring for Cutline were unveiled on Friday before the second scoring period and have corrected the two scoring periods for that game. Unfortunately, it included Friday Bench players into the scoring totals for teams in all other formats, something we obviously need to now correct. This was not being scored in Live Standings and all Standings are correct, but yes it was showing you additional stats in Live Scoring.

I'm not sure at this point when this part will now be fixed, which is why we probably shouldn't have unveiled this "fix" on a Friday night. The Live Scoring is obviously working, but not scoring the totals as it should, which leads to a "mess". I'll post when I know more.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 am

Money wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 pm
Come on this is ridiculous. I have refrained from participating in the frustration that has been on going with the site this season. Partly because I was traveling and only looking at it on an ipad and partly because of my propensity to be negative.

Live scoring is an unmitigated mess tonight again after seemingly they got some of it figured out. This is sucking the life and fun out of this hobby for me. Can this please be addressed immediately? We have never had to look at benched players in a look that makes it appear that they are in the lineup with stats calculating but not really calculating.

Please, enough is enough.
Thank You for the update Greg.
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:40 am
The changes we made to correct the Live Scoring for Cutline were unveiled on Friday before the second scoring period and have corrected the two scoring periods for that game. Unfortunately, it included Friday Bench players into the scoring totals for teams in all other formats, something we obviously need to now correct. This was not being scored in Live Standings and all Standings are correct, but yes it was showing you additional stats in Live Scoring.

I'm not sure at this point when this part will now be fixed, which is why we probably shouldn't have unveiled this "fix" on a Friday night. The Live Scoring is obviously working, but not scoring the totals as it should, which leads to a "mess". I'll post when I know more.
The problem with this is that the stats are calculated into the totals in live scoring, so you need to go figure which are real and which are not. I realize the standings are correct but when you are looking at a glance, at what kind of night you're having, this doesn't work. It's rendered useless and needs to be adjusted back to the way it was as soon as possible. The Cutline competition cannot rule the day over your Main Event and Rotowire Online Overall Championships.
Joe

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:28 am

Cutline, Live Scoring questions:

1. Why are the pitchers sorted points-wise descending but the catchers and outfielders are sorted ascending?

2. Doesn’t it make more sense to have the lower scoring players in MI/CR than at 1B/2B/SS/3B? Example: Pete Alonso 44 pts., Renato Nunez 27 pts., Yonder Alonso 11 pts. Shouldn’t Pete be at 1B, Yonder at CR? Right now it’s reversed.

3a. The positions listed for bench players are flat out wrong. Daniel Murphy does not qualify at 1B yet, but yet it is listed as such. Should it just be the position(s) they qualify at?

3b. Do bench pitchers need a position listed?

4a. I see no reason why a total tally of AB/H/R/etc. is needed for Cutline. The only thing that matters are total points, not how many saves I got today.

4b. What is the purpose of Live Scoring, Standings? Again I don’t care about what I have in each category, just my total points.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:40 am

This appears to have been fixed tonight. A big thumbs up!
Joe

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:46 pm

FYI....The first game of the CLE/ATL is not registering in the live scoring.

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Live scoring is having issues with doubleheaders. Stats are incorrect for Min/Bal as well

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Every freakin year.
Can't something be put in place to fix double headers PERMANENTLY?

A record number of teams this year.
Pay it forward.
The aspiration should be to have the best darned live scoring in the industry.
Be better!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Which set of standings are correct, "live standings" or "league standings"?

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:29 am

It appears as if the live scoring standings have been fixed and for the time being reflects what the current standings are. Can you give us some insight as to why this happens and where the discrepancies lie? Looking at the differences all weekend is frustrating.

Also, the standings on the standings page this morning reflect a +/- number that does not reflect vs. the previous days total. What does this number reflect? Possibly vs. previous week?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Sure, the discrepency between standings totals this weekend had to do with the two makeup games on Saturday morning from Friday's rainouts. We did not program the Live Scoring to pick up the makeup games on Saturday as only the regularly scheduled games were set up. We have added that feature today and going forward all rainouts will automatically be calculated when they are made up. Blame us for not thinking this one out when we switched to the new platform.

I don't doubt that we've screwed up doubleheaders for 16 years, but going forward all changes on the new platform are here to stay forever, so we should have this problem solved for 2019 and going forward. Sorry for the miscue over the weekend, but we shouldn't have this problem again going forward.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 am

I set my weekend lineups this morning. I notice players I benched for Friday already out of action for today's games and players not supposed to be active until tomorrow accruing stats.

Gates

Post by Gates » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:12 am

The Yankees / Angels game of last night is not included in the stats.
Go ahead, make my day...

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am

Yah Mule wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 am
I set my weekend lineups this morning. I notice players I benched for Friday already out of action for today's games and players not supposed to be active until tomorrow accruing stats.
This is still showing the wrong lineups.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 am

Gates wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:12 am
The Yankees / Angels game of last night is not included in the stats.
Updated feed from Sportradar (our stat provider) has been updated.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am

Yah Mule wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am
Yah Mule wrote:
Live Scoring has flipped to show Fri-Sun lineups (actually did late last night), but still showing Thursday night stats (whether you had players in your lineup for M-Th or not). We're tweaking this timing issue now. Again, Live Scoring are not "official" stats. It's a read-only script that does not affect anything else. Team Stats and Standings are official.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:12 am

Thanks for the clarification.

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Darik B wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am
Yah Mule wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:
Live Scoring has flipped to show Fri-Sun lineups (actually did late last night), but still showing Thursday night stats (whether you had players in your lineup for M-Th or not). We're tweaking this timing issue now. Again, Live Scoring are not "official" stats. It's a read-only script that does not affect anything else. Team Stats and Standings are official.
I may be reading this incorrectly, but this was not just a Live Scoring issue. The 'Team Stats' page also did not have correct information for players in the NY-LAA game this morning. It wasn't until you posted that an update was completed that correct stats were then posted on the Team Stats page. I did not notice if the "official" standings changed after this update.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Money

Post by Money » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Darik B wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:
Will this ever be corrected? I am looking at the Standings and Live Stats and they differ and we haven't even thrown a pitch today?
Joe

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Navel Lint wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm
Darik B wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:

I may be reading this incorrectly, but this was not just a Live Scoring issue. The 'Team Stats' page also did not have correct information for players in the NY-LAA game this morning. It wasn't until you posted that an update was completed that correct stats were then posted on the Team Stats page. I did not notice if the "official" standings changed after this update.
These are two completely different issues.

The stat feed from the NYY/LAA did not update until this morning because there was no Player ID for Matt Ramsey, so the entire stat feed was not there (for each player in that game). We worked with Sportradar this morning to fix and then that updated into Team Stats and Standings.

The Live Scoring was a timing issue that flipped the lineups over to Fri-Sun sometime late last night, but was still showing Thursday night stats for players you have in your Fri-Sun lineups, regardless if you actually played them M-Th. This is being fixed for next Thurs/Fri "flip".

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Money wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm
Darik B wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:

Will this ever be corrected? I am looking at the Standings and Live Stats and they differ and we haven't even thrown a pitch today?
This has also been corrected. Please note this again.

Live Scoring is run on a separate set of software and updates in Real-Time (essentially). However, these numbers are not "official". Also, the Standings tab inside Live Scoring (next to Rosters tab) updates much faster than the official Standings-League & Team Stats (which update every 10 minutes). Keep in mind that during play, these will rarely ever match as they are not on same schedule. Now, after play is over (and the subsequent morning before games start the next day), the Standings tab inside Live Scoring SHOULD match both "Team Stats - YTD" and Standings-League, both of which are official. I realize they did not this morning. This has since been de-bugged and hopefully works each and every day moving forward.

If you are ever in doubt, though, please refer to Team Stats-YTD or Standings-League for official updated totals at day end....again, these only update every 10 minutes.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:40 am

Darik,

So when is the time that is considered "Day end" where the stats run is official?

Thanks.