FAAB Pool

JohnP

FAAB Pool

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:55 am

Can you clear up the FAAB pool issues? Either I am not understanding the rules right or there are execution problems. Maybe both.

1) Drafted Players

Obviously anyone that is drafted and later dropped stays in the pool. That one is easy.

2) DL Players that were not drafted

I think this one you acknowledged earlier wasn't handled right and then corrected the week after. CC Sabathia for example should have been in the pool even though not drafted in some leagues. Right? Or do I have that one wrong?

3) Minor Leaguers not drafted

For this one, a minor leaguer that has no Major League games played must be called up and must play in one game prior to him being added, correct? Once a game is played then he should be added the next morning by 7 AM ET? For this week you had the LAA kid Renigfo called up on Thursday. He played Thursday April 25. He was not added to FAAB pool on Friday. He played again on Friday. Finally added on Saturday. Why the delay?

4) Players added to roster that have major league experience

If a player gets called up to the roster and has major league experience then he should go in the pool the next morning regardless of playing a game, correct? I think you referenced this in regards to Keuchel and Kimbrel in your CC Sabathia post. I would put the link here but I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that and am already typing this for the third time because the technology of this user or these boards isn't what it was a couple years ago. Here are some examples on this category:

- Maybin went to the Yankees on 4/25. He should have been added to FAAB 4/26? Didn't get added until 4/27 because he had to play a game? Maybe this is what I am not understanding. He should not have had to play a game per the rules?

- Gio Gonzalez - per every single transaction site that I could find (8 of them) - they all show Gio signing with the Brewers on Saturday. He should have been in the pool yesterday in the leagues where he wasn't drafted. He wasn't added until today. Why? Does he have to play a game?

- Other guys have been added prior to playing a game.

5) 7 AM ET

Numerous times the additions have not been there by 7 AM ET. I realize it doesn't matter all that much when it is Mon-Saturday but has happened a couple times at least now on Sundays. Can this be squared away please?

Can you clear this up?

Thank you.

John

Greg Ambrosius

Re: FAAB Pool

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:44 pm

1) Correct

2) Right

3) Minor-leaguers who were not drafted are added every morning at 7 am ET after they've played their first game in the majors. I don't know why Renigfo wasn't added on Friday morning as he should have been, but we are looking at that. We get an email every morning of every player added to the FAAB pool and every player who adds position eligibility, but an email didn't come that morning. We will fix whatever caused that problem. All minor-leaguers were added on Sunday morning as expected.

4) Any MLB veteran who is officially called up to the majors and has played in the majors before that callup is automatically added to the FAAB list. They do not have to play a game this season to be added. We will make sure this is correct in the programming, but we are dependent on Sport Radar to get this information from Major League Baseball and sometimes a player you see is being added on Saturday according to an industry news site isn't officially added to their roster by 7 am ET on Sunday. We can only add players who are officially added to MLB rosters and we depend on our stat provider for that information. But yes, they just need to be officially placed on the MLB roster to get added to the NFBC FAAB pool and we will make sure the programming is set up that way.

5) Players are added at 7 am ET every day, including Sunday. We've had this discussion before John. They are not being added after 7 am ET unless we have a situation like we had Saturday and we'll tell everyone about it.

Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Greg,

I’m a little confused as well. When I talked to Darik about the same thing, he assured me all players were added at 5AM every day. Is it 5AM or 7AM?

Also there was more than just the Angels 2B this week regards to players that weren’t added on time. It didn’t happen last week as well, as I know I emailed about a few players myself. Just trying to understand why this stat provider is behind everyone else in industry. Might be time to think about changing those rules for next year if your stat provider can’t provide them according to your rules going forward and can’t be fixed.

Again, like my turning off live scoring feature on Sunday’s so FAAB can work as intended, the above suggestion may not be optimal but will avoid future headaches for you and make your own game in compliance with your own rules that you have in the players contract for your game. It also protects you from legal action when the player contract is repeatedly broken because of the backend support not making it possible to follow.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
Greg,

I’m a little confused as well. When I talked to Darik about the same thing, he assured me all players were added at 5AM every day. Is it 5AM or 7AM?

Also there was more than just the Angels 2B this week regards to players that weren’t added on time. It didn’t happen last week as well, as I know I emailed about a few players myself. Just trying to understand why this stat provider is behind everyone else in industry. Might be time to think about changing those rules for next year if your stat provider can’t provide them according to your rules going forward and can’t be fixed.

Again, like my turning off live scoring feature on Sunday’s so FAAB can work as intended, the above suggestion may not be optimal but will avoid future headaches for you and make your own game in compliance with your own rules that you have in the players contract for your game. It also protects you from legal action when the player contract is repeatedly broken because of the backend support not making it possible to follow.
I'm confused as well. Dark, Tom and myself all get the email updates just before 7 am ET every day. I don't believe Darik said 5 am. He's a night owl, but even Darik isn't up that early in the morning. Every morning the time stamp is just before 7 am ET, trust me.

Legal action?? Oh boy. We'll get our lawyers ready in advance, but no rules changes needed at this point. It is set up to add new players every day before 7 am ET and we'll make sure that continues. You can see the newly added players for today already.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Would you like me to forward the email to you where Darik told me 5AM? It’s not like I dreamt it out of thin air.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:49 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:35 pm
Would you like me to forward the email to you where Darik told me 5AM? It’s not like I dreamt it out of thin air.
He will be fired immediately for this disinformation. That will teach him. :lol:

Again, new players are added the same time every day by 7 am ET. I believe that was the point of this thread. Or at least your post. And myself, Darik and Tom are confirming that is true.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Maybe Darik was in one of the green states:

After all, it's always 5AM somewhere!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:16 pm

No, no, you have it wrong KOQ. Those of us who drink say "It's 5 PM somewhere!!" not 5 am.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:49 pm
Doctor Who wrote:
He will be fired immediately for this disinformation. That will teach him. :lol:

Again, new players are added the same time every day by 7 am ET. I believe that was the point of this thread. Or at least your post. And myself, Darik and Tom are confirming that is true.
We all know that Darik would never be fired. That would mean some kind of accountability would be a standard at Sportshub and we all know that doesn’t exist. :lol:

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:33 pm

JohnP wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:55 am

Can you clear this up?
Greg, based on the above answer you provided, why isn't Brewers SP Brett Anderson available to pickup on FAAB tonight? He's got 2 starts and isnt available to bid on.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz