The 15th for Las Vegas Sucks!!!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:18 am

Greg, After looking into hotel prices I realized

that we are getting screwed on hotel prices that weekend! The weekend of the 20th 3 days at the Flamingo 577.70. The weekend of the 27th 566.81.

The weekend you have pegged the flamingo 850.21!

I vote for the other two weekends. Easter or not.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:33 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Greg, After looking into hotel prices I realized

that we are getting screwed on hotel prices that weekend! The weekend of the 20th 3 days at the Flamingo 577.70. The weekend of the 27th 566.81.

The weekend you have pegged the flamingo 850.21!

I vote for the other two weekends. Easter or not. You better let us see what kind of special room rate I can get for you before you bash that weekend, John. Hopefully we can get a better rate than that. I'll let you know once we have this contract done.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:51 am

Greg, It better be pretty good. For like the same price as the other two weekends. I'm getting a real bad feeling this weekend was picked because Stats couldn't deal with it.

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:23 am

I got an idea....

why not have Walla Walla put in all the stats (since he thinks it is so simple), and if anything goes wrong, we can all bitch to him?

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:25 am

Greg, It better be pretty good. For like the same price as the other two weekends. I'm getting a real bad feeling this weekend was picked because Stats couldn't deal with it. Or what??????.... you will quit???

I sure hope the NFBC can go on! :rolleyes:

I got an idea....

why not have Walla Walla put in all the stats (since he thinks it is so simple), and if anything goes wrong, we can all bitch to him?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:58 am

Greg, It better be pretty good. For like the same price as the other two weekends. I'm getting a real bad feeling this weekend was picked because Stats couldn't deal with it. Yikes. You do know how to spell assume, right, John?

No, it was picked because we've always held the NFBC at this time and I'm not going to mess with Easter weekend. Call the Vatican and ask if they can change that for me as the 22nd would have been my choice for 2008. That ConExpo show is driving up the hotel room rates the weekend of the 15th. If we can't get a host hotel to give us fair room rates, we'll move on. Like I said, we're working on the contract with the Flamingo right now and I'll let you know what the room rates are when I get them. Until then, hang tight.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:38 am

or fly to chic. or tb and do your draft there. i am sure tb would love to have you

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:51 am

billywaz, I've got an idea! How about you go suck an egg. Its about the same size your use to.

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:24 pm

Greg, It better be pretty good. For like the same price as the other two weekends. I'm getting a real bad feeling this weekend was picked because Stats couldn't deal with it. "It better be pretty good" WW

Are you serious? Are you ever happy or do you complain about everything?
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 pm

billywaz, I've got an idea! How about you go suck an egg. Its about the same size your use to. Now that is funny I get it, you crack me up man! You are proof that Greg is the most patient man on earth.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Red Sox, You should talk. Like you never cry.

God forbid I mention that out of the three weekends the one weekend picked cost 300 more for rooms than the other two weekends. I'm talking about the whole town not just the Flamingo.

Oh I forgot your one of those NY drafters now. :D

Loser!

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:42 pm

God forbid I mention that out of the three weekends the one weekend picked cost 300 more for rooms than the other two weekends. I'm talking about the whole town not just the Flamingo.

Loser! That is good, make fun of others because they choose to draft in another city! :rolleyes:

Don't get pissed at everyone because you didn't think things through and booked your flight to Vegas already!

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:02 pm

Loser! You are a crybaby! Last year you posted a message proclaiming it was your final year. What happened? And I was in Vegas last year for the draft and in your division. You finished below me.

You may have a legitimate concern about the costs that weekend. That doesn't mean you should post a message titled "The 15th for Las Vegas Sucks" and then write: Greg, it better be pretty good.

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

quote:Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Loser! You may have a legitimate concern about the costs that weekend. That doesn't mean you should post a message titled "The 15th for Las Vegas Sucks" and then write: Greg, it better be pretty good.
[/QUOTE]Couldn't have said it better myself RSN! :D

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:03 pm

I see. A tag team. Your both losers! :D

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Walla Walla I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I just pointed out that you were once again whining, moaning, and crying on these message boards. I think we're all used to it by now. Las Vegas March 15th 2007! Save your pennies and recycle your cans. You'll get there.

Dirt Dogs

Post by Dirt Dogs » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:19 pm

316 Walla Walla John Crane Las Vegas League 6 426.5 978.0 1,404.5 -51.0

HAHAHAHHAHAH! Walla why dont you just mail greg a check for .37 and save the rest of your money. The league is thankful for your donations over the years!

Thanks!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:50 pm

Dog, First. We're three weeks into this thing.

I saw your team. Sorry for you. Pretty ugly team.

The kind only a mother or dirty dog could love.

Second, I'm in a real man's league. Let me click of a few names. Charlie Wiegert, Rick Thomas,

Eddie Gillis, Kenneth Magner etc. Who's your league? Joe the pusher guy?

Sack

Post by Sack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Greg:

Is TAMPA the FLA site next season for the NFBC or are you considering Orlando?

Very very early, as I'm still working out NFFC details but I could see myself in FLA for one season enjoying Spring Training and a Saturday Draft.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:45 am

Second, I'm in a real man's league. Let me click of a few names. Charlie Wiegert, Rick Thomas,

Eddie Gillis, Kenneth Magner etc. Who's your league? Joe the pusher guy? WW, it's for comments like this that we keep you around. On at least three levels, absolutely classic.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 am

Originally posted by Sack:

Greg:

Is TAMPA the FLA site next season for the NFBC or are you considering Orlando?

Very very early, as I'm still working out NFFC details but I could see myself in FLA for one season enjoying Spring Training and a Saturday Draft. Well, I hate to have disputes like this over 2008 sites that haven't even been determined yet, but such is life in the big leagues! :D John is right that the ConExpo show in Vegas on March 15th makes things tough as that damn show eats up the whole city. We're still finalizing our contract at the Flamingo and if we can get rates similar to last year's we'll finalize there and then work on the other cities. But we're trying to finalize Las Vegas first and nobody should get all bent out of shape until we have that city locked up with the right date.

The Orlando Convention Center is booked on March 14-16, so I need to keep looking elsewhere in Orlando. I'd like to try that Florida city in 2008 and if it doesn't work then we'll see what my next option is. We're still calling around, so hold tight on the travel plans. The Javits Center in New York is also booked March 14-16, so we're looking around there, too.

So don't get so uptight everyone about 2008. Each year is a work in progress and it takes FOREVER to get through the right sales people and get the space and the prices for those meeting rooms, etc. We aren't stupid and won't book the Flamingo if rooms are $400 a night and flights are booked. But I'm not going to do Easter weekend, either. And I'd rather not do March 29th if at all possible. So just hang tight and let me do the dirty work and we'll have an announcement when all of this comes together.

Now, if anyone does want to call the Vatican about moving Easter from March 23rd, I'm willing to pay for the long distance call... :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:41 am

Give the S.W.E.A.R. office a call. Maybe they'll connect you through the V's internal switchboard :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

...and you can call COLLECT!

If you get through ask for "The Big Guy"
"All of Life is part of the Divine"---Ancient Hindu saying

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:54 am

greg- there are a couple of new hotels off the strip that are nice

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:24 am

Dog, First. We're three weeks into this thing.

I saw your team. Sorry for you. Pretty ugly team.

The kind only a mother or dirty dog could love.

Eddie Gillis, Kenneth Magner etc. Who's your league? Joe the pusher guy? I'm trying to understand these comments. Please help me. Are you saying:

1) These guys are better than you;

2) You can't draft a good team with these guys in your league; or

3) You need guys like this in your league in order to have a "real man's league".

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 am

Greg will figure out the best route for all....

BUT I will still repost my vote for April 29th - Opening Day Weekend, Final Four Weekend.

No matter what city you draft in that has to be great - we could even do some additional auction, ultimate or special leagues on Monday during the day before watching the NCAA Championship game.

...and more roster situations would be resolved before the draft.