NFBC Historical Teams Now On Your My Teams Page

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Historical Teams Now On Your My Teams Page

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:42 am

We have recovered most of our Historical data from 16 years of the NFBC and have returned them to the site. We are still missing some data from 2010 and 2017, but we will do all that we can to return that here as well.

You can find your past teams now on My Teams. Click there and pull down to My Historical Teams and you'll have access to all of your past teams.

Once there, you'll see a pulldown to All Years where you can sort by any year, and All Sports, where you can sort by any sport.

Clicking on any team name will bring you to the data for that team. We have pulldowns for your Final Roster and your Draft Results. If you click on the league name above you will then have access to that league's Final Standings and the complete league Draft Results. Clicking on any opponents' link brings you to their roster as well.

If you want Overall data, go to the links above the Historical banner (with our logo). You will see separate links for Owners, Football, Baseball, Basketball. Click on Baseball for now.

There you will see a pulldown for Overall Standings, Leagues, ADP/AAV. If you click on Overall Standings, you will see our national contests with final standings for each one. There are links to each team within. Because of certain state privacy laws, we are allowed to show you the exact names of each participant only if you competed in that contest. So if you were in the 2018 NFBC Main Event, you should be able to see the names of each owner. If you weren't in that contest, I believe you will see the user name from our site. Anyway, all of the years for all of the sports are there for everyone to see again.

If you click on the Leagues link, you will have access to all of the leagues for that particular year. Our ADP shows the complete ADP for all of our contests for that year. Finally we have retained our past ADPs, which is very valuable.

Play around with this area if you have time and provide some feedback. Also let us know if you see any discrepancies in the standings. The Player IDs had to be transferred from STATS to SportsHub Technologies and there are times when owners had multiple Player IDs that had to be combined. It's very possible that some things weren't included in the transfer. If so, let me know via email at [email protected].

This was a lot of work and we are very thankful to our IT team. We finally have our past history back, including ADPs that scan 16 years. This is incredible content. But this is just the first step. We need to finish up the lost year of 2010 and get 2017 in the system as well. That last year is the one with some Player ID issues from STATS. We'll get it corrected.

After that, we'll be able to analyze each contest and create Historical Rankings for all of our different contests. Let's see who has averaged the best finish in the Main Event, in the Online Championship, in the Auction Championship, in the DC Championship and more through all the teams and all the years. Yeah, let's see if more teams has been good or not for owners. Average finish for each team could be fun to evaluate through 16 years of data. We're not there yet, but that is the long-term goal and to update these Career Standings each year.

We first had to get the data back and we're almost there. The next part is the fun part. Take a look at what we have now and give us feedback so that we can make it as good as it possibly can. Let's make sure these Career results stand the test of time because this contest should be around long after we're gone. History will want to know the results forever. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Re: NFBC Historical Teams Now On Your My Teams Page

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am

That's awesome, great work!

Two suggestions:
1. Would love it if there was a way to separate Main Event ADP for the past seasons. The Main ADP is especially useful since it's the one contest that happens late in draft season so it really tells us how players were valued right before the season started.

2. For overall rankings, I did it for 2018 and 2019 right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 and the way I did it was use overall points per owner divided by maximum points. For example the 2016 Main had 450 teams (max of 4500 pts) and Rob Silver had 4066.50. 4066.50 / 4500 = 0.9037. It's a great way to put all contests together no matter the number of entries and get a true overall score.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:45 am

Philippe27 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am
That's awesome, great work!

Two suggestions:
1. Would love it if there was a way to separate Main Event ADP for the past seasons. The Main ADP is especially useful since it's the one contest that happens late in draft season so it really tells us how players were valued right before the season started.

2. For overall rankings, I did it for 2018 and 2019 right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 and the way I did it was use overall points per owner divided by maximum points. For example the 2016 Main had 450 teams (max of 4500 pts) and Rob Silver had 4066.50. 4066.50 / 4500 = 0.9037. It's a great way to put all contests together no matter the number of entries and get a true overall score.
Great job Philippe. I will ask IT about No. 1 to see if that's possible.

Yeah, I like what you did on the spreadsheet for all contests. I want to do something similar for just NFBC Main Event, Online Championship, etc., for each year and all years combined to get an overall score or average finish per contest. I'm going to try to figure this all out with IT in the next month, but thanks for the start there. Now that we have most of the data we can have some fun with it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 pm

I’d love to see a ranking for Main events, OCs, and also satellites. Looking forward to this
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN