Rules for 2020

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Rules for 2020

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:18 am

Todd, all those regular season stats, no matter the inning are there for everybody.
Whatever happens, happens.
We have no control over whether a game is rained out or goes 15 innings.
In either one of those cases, whatever statistics are tallied.

For game 163, whether it is called a regular season game or a playoff game, it is an entity unto itself.
It was not scheduled.
Fantasy players did not have an inkling about it when drafting their players.
Up until that time, FAAB and lineups can be prepared to maximize statistics for each drafter.
We can't maximize statistics for a game in which we have no players, while our rival can.
Up until this game, we have the power to do that.
It's mano y mano.
Game 163 is something vs nothing in most cases.

Imagine the regular season as a big ball of statistics.
Included in that ball are shortened games, extra inning games, regulation games.
We have used every statistic from that ball of statistics.
Then, Surprise!
A small ball wants to become a part of the old ball.
It came out of nowhere.
We couldn't draft for it. All along, we played knowing only the big ball.
Maybe it is timing, but a lot of folks don't like the smaller ball.
They've had to deal with the big ball for six long months.
Accepted in that big ball are all statistics from all games, five, nine, and 15 innings.
We KNOW those are included.
Bad umpires calls, bad scorekeeping rulings, bad breaks.
Everything is in that ball we worked so hard for.
The Big Ball is a conglomeration of all statistics over 162 games, no matter how arrived at.
It is universally accepted and the power behind our game.

Now, do you do projections based on 162 games or 163? ;)
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 am

By the way, Steve, apologies for making you the loser here :D
On my tombstone-

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:58 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:18 am
Todd, all those regular season stats, no matter the inning are there for everybody.
Whatever happens, happens.
We have no control over whether a game is rained out or goes 15 innings.
In either one of those cases, whatever statistics are tallied.

For game 163, whether it is called a regular season game or a playoff game, it is an entity unto itself.
It was not scheduled.
Fantasy players did not have an inkling about it when drafting their players.
We don't have an inkling about extra innings, either. We don't draft players or set lineups based on the chance we have players going in extra inning games.
Up until that time, FAAB and lineups can be prepared to maximize statistics for each drafter.
We can't maximize statistics for a game in which we have no players, while our rival can.
Up until this game, we have the power to do that.
It's mano y mano.
Game 163 is something vs nothing in most cases.
Here we are in lockstep and the reason I proposed locking lineups after Week 26 (or is it 27 now?). If this rule is not changed, it could be reason enough to sway me to vote to not count the extra games.

Even if it is changed, it still allows some to FAAB and set lineups with knowledge of who might play an extra game. I'd have to take this into consideration if asked to vote.
Imagine the regular season as a big ball of statistics.
Included in that ball are shortened games, extra inning games, regulation games.
We have used every statistic from that ball of statistics.
Then, Surprise!
A small ball wants to become a part of the old ball.
It came out of nowhere.
We couldn't draft for it. All along, we played knowing only the big ball.
Maybe it is timing, but a lot of folks don't like the smaller ball.
They've had to deal with the big ball for six long months.
Accepted in that big ball are all statistics from all games, five, nine, and 15 innings.
Bad umpires calls, bad scorekeeping rulings, bad breaks.
Everything is in that ball we worked so hard for.
The Big Ball is a conglomeration of all statistics over 162 games, no matter how arrived at.
It is universally accepted and the power behind our game.
Metaphorically, extra innings are the little ball.
Now, do you do projections based on 162 games or 163? ;)
I do projections based on the REGULAR SEASON 8-)
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Don't change, Todd. :)
On my tombstone-

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm kind of neutral on this but I do love the passion. The MLB season has 2,430 games most years and we have a 3 page thread about whether or not the 2431st game which happens about once every 3 years should count or not. If my math is correct it represents on average 0.014% of the season.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:14 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 am
By the way, Steve, apologies for making you the loser here :D
Lindy beating Jupinka, Dough I didn't even bat an eye... :D

All things considered I'd miss the drama of having a game of that magnitude be meaningless in our fantasy circles...

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:32 pm
I'm kind of neutral on this but I do love the passion. The MLB season has 2,430 games most years and we have a 3 page thread about whether or not the 2431st game which happens about once every 3 years should count or not. If my math is correct it represents on average 0.014% of the season.
Seriously, it is all part of what makes the NFBC so great.
Greg came up with a wonderful set of rules. They have stood the test of time.
Back then?
15 team leagues? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
Only a six/seven man bench? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
It turns out he was serious and it turns out that the masses loved it. Still do!
It is still the preferred style of play in these parts.

When we do see a possible hole in the rules. Over a game that may or may not be played over three years time, we have three pages of discussion to talk about the merits of the rule change.
Everybody on this thread should be commended. Each stated their case in a wonderful way.
No personal animosity.
Just a whole lot of passion about a rule that really is tiny in the grand scheme of things.
But our passion even cares about tiny.
I think we're ready for DRAFTING SEASON!!!
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 pm

greg - don't give in to the scare tactics of a few. please keep the traditional alive of including games 163+

i think at least one person in this thread is soooooooooo concerned with this VERY small issue, it may put him on tilt if he doesn't get his way and he could spend all of his faab by the end of june next year (instead of the end of july) :oops: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 pm
greg - don't give in to the scare tactics of a few. please keep the traditional alive of including games 163+

i think at least one person in this thread is soooooooooo concerned with this VERY small issue, it may put him on tilt if he doesn't get his way and he could spend all of his faab by the end of june next year (instead of the end of july) :oops: :lol:

Funny that you scare so easily about the most minor of things, Gekko. If it's so minor, then what difference is it going to make in your universe if the rule is changed? You of all people should want a completely fair and level playing field for the entirety of the season I would assume. Maybe I gave you more credit than you deserved when I assumed you would never want to be that guy going into some extra game which is completely out your opponent's hands while you may just so happen to be able to roll out active players while he can do nothing but watch you walk away with the title based on the entirety of luck. Is this one of your many creative tactics you have banked on coming into play over the years that helped you take down so many DC titles in those cupcake leagues you were a part of? :P :lol: And spare me this crap about preemptive free agency to fill out your roster a week in advance on the odd chance that these games may come into play. Bullshit and you know it. So go jump back into Greg's lap so he can stroke you back to sleep until he needs you to be his lawyer again. Mass clientele survey is the best way to resolve this. Let the people be heard, and a decision can be made on hard data, and not based upon my apparently outrageous fear tactics or bullying or your ass kissing and company brown nosing.

This being said, despite my FAAB debacles this year, it should tell you something that I was still able to take down league titles including a highly competitive Main Event on ZERO FAAB moves for two and a half months. When was the last time you pulled off this feat, as dubious as it may be? Doubtful if ever. So if I were you, I would hope that for your sake you wouldn't want me to get any better in this area of my game prior to us being in any leagues together in the coming season, but if you insist, I'm on it. And I'll lay down the gauntlet right now to put your money your mouth is on any league we're in together in 2020 terms of a side bet of the entrance fee for the league as a starting point...that is provided that you're doing your own FAAB and not farming it out to certain elements of the NFBC black market underground to make your bids for you. :twisted:

AND YES FANTASY BASEBALL FANS, IT'S GAME ON FOR 2020!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Lots to read here and lots of good ideas. My only question is “why” do we use this game 163? I mean I’ve heard why we use it I just don’t get why we use it. If it was a guarantee to happen every year or scheduled I get it but I don’t know why we should have to plan for a game 163 after 6 months of a grind. I do it and we do it because we have to but I don’t understand “why” we have to?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Funny that you scare so easily about the most minor of things, Gekko. If it's so minor, then what difference is it going to make in your universe if the rule is changed? You of all people should want a completely fair and level playing field for the entirety of the season I would assume. Maybe I gave you more credit than you deserved when I assumed you would never want to be that guy going into some extra game which is completely out your opponent's hands while you may just so happen to be able to roll out active players while he can do nothing but watch you walk away with the title based on the entirety of luck. Is this one of your many creative tactics you have banked on coming into play over the years that helped you take down so many DC titles in those cupcake leagues you were a part of? :P :lol: And spare me this crap about preemptive free agency to fill out your roster a week in advance on the odd chance that these games may come into play. Bullshit and you know it. So go jump back into Greg's lap so he can stroke you back to sleep until he needs you to be his lawyer again. Mass clientele survey is the best way to resolve this. Let the people be heard, and a decision can be made on hard data, and not based upon my apparently outrageous fear tactics or bullying or your ass kissing and company brown nosing.

This being said, despite my FAAB debacles this year, it should tell you something that I was still able to take down league titles including a highly competitive Main Event on ZERO FAAB moves for two and a half months. When was the last time you pulled off this feat, as dubious as it may be? Doubtful if ever. So if I were you, I would hope that for your sake you wouldn't want me to get any better in this area of my game prior to us being in any leagues together in the coming season, but if you insist, I'm on it. And I'll lay down the gauntlet right now to put your money your mouth is on any league we're in together in 2020 terms of a side bet of the entrance fee for the league as a starting point...that is provided that you're doing your own FAAB and not farming it out to certain elements of the NFBC black market underground to make your bids for you. :twisted:

Here’s a challenge for you: Compete against me in the Las Vegas Diamond Auction. You have 5 months to come up with a master plan! MTM with 5 months to develop a plan has to be unstoppable, correct? Unfortunately, I’m sure you will come up with some candy ass excuse not to join that league, but more on that later.

As to your fantasy baseball skills, there is some good as you came in 3rd, 2nd, and 1stlast year. Obviously *you* drafted some quality teams. This assumes *you* didn’t “steal” picks from top owners and make them your own (which has been rumored). Unfortunately, there is also some bad, and it’s so egregious that it’s difficult to even consider you better than an average owner. Blowing all of your FAAB by the end of July is a mistake even a 4th grader wouldn’t make. Inexcusable. It shows all of us that you don’t have patience, lack management skills and are easily put on tilt. I’m sure you’ll offer up your FAAB SNAFUs as a talking point the next time you are being interviewed. :oops: ;)

And you always say you are involved in highly competitive leagues. LOL. If you want to experience competitiveness, join the LV Diamond Auction. $10,000 entry fee guarantees most if not all owners will be fighting to the end. It’s the single toughest league I’ve been a part of in my NFBC career. You might be lucky enough to pull out a 14th place finish in that one.

With that said, no one here honestly expects you to have the courage to step up to the plate and take me on in the Diamond Auction. You, me and everyone reading this knows you would get demolished, make up some bullshit excuses and run back to your momma with your tail between your legs. In the end, the primary reason you’re going to dodge me is YOU ARE AFRAID! :twisted:

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Here’s a challenge for you: Compete against me in the Las Vegas Diamond Auction. You have 5 months to come up with a master plan! MTM with 5 months to develop a plan has to be unstoppable, correct? Unfortunately, I’m sure you will come up with some candy ass excuse not to join that league, but more on that later.
We already know the excuse: the "black market underground" of FAAB resides in that league. :lol:

No chance he joins.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:48 pm
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:22 pm

As to your fantasy baseball skills, there is some good as you came in 3rd, 2nd, and 1stlast year. Obviously *you* drafted some quality teams. This assumes *you* didn’t “steal” picks from top owners and make them your own (which has been rumored). Unfortunately, there is also some bad, and it’s so egregious that it’s difficult to even consider you better than an average owner. Blowing all of your FAAB by the end of July is a mistake even a 4th grader wouldn’t make. Inexcusable. It shows all of us that you don’t have patience, lack management skills and are easily put on tilt. I’m sure you’ll offer up your FAAB SNAFUs as a talking point the next time you are being interviewed. :oops: ;)

And you always say you are involved in highly competitive leagues. LOL. If you want to experience competitiveness, join the LV Diamond Auction. $10,000 entry fee guarantees most if not all owners will be fighting to the end. It’s the single toughest league I’ve been a part of in my NFBC career. You might be lucky enough to pull out a 14th place finish in that one.

With that said, no one here honestly expects you to have the courage to step up to the plate and take me on in the Diamond Auction. You, me and everyone reading this knows you would get demolished, make up some bullshit excuses and run back to your momma with your tail between your legs. In the end, the primary reason you’re going to dodge me is YOU ARE AFRAID! :twisted:
Oooh, have I struck a nerve there Gekko? Tough talk on line which of course you'd never back up to me face to face in a million years or of course on your own. Tiger on the message boards, tit mouse in person. So I'll give you some time to reconsider your verbal blathering. An interesting NFBC poll to put up would be who truly fears who more...or maybe just who has more fears in life in general. Let's start with you and your shadow, and work our way up the list from there. I've already spent enough time sinking to your level, so enough of your junior high school level taunting. Momma insults? Really? That's the best you got?! And this one is a classic:

As to your fantasy baseball skills, there is some good as you came in 3rd, 2nd, and 1stlast year. Obviously *you* drafted some quality teams. This assumes *you* didn’t “steal” picks from top owners and make them your own (which has been rumored). Yeah, that's a rumor that's been flying around for a while...like on FOX News and while you're hanging out in Greg's attic. :lol:

I've done a couple of auctions, but I'm not an auction fan or regular competitor, but I will take you on in any high stakes draft minus your lackey. I have a spot in the 2020 MTM Ultimate all reserved for you. And an extra $5000 sweetener would be a good starting point. Try telling these guys about how inferior they are in terms of NFBC competition and see how that goes? Or maybe reach out to the guys in KJ's MLBCL where I have won the MOY title two years in a row in my first two years in the league and diss on those inferior competitors as well. I'm sure they'd all appreciate your feedback as well. No? Didn't think so.

And it must be amazing that in all of your years in this game, that you've never had shit years and shit leagues where you made shit mistakes. Was that on your HOF Plaque? Must have missed that part of your speech. Gauntlet has been thrown down, bro'. Don't be a puss out. That's just FEAR fucking with you. :P
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Lots to read here and lots of good ideas. My only question is “why” do we use this game 163? I mean I’ve heard why we use it I just don’t get why we use it. If it was a guarantee to happen every year or scheduled I get it but I don’t know why we should have to plan for a game 163 after 6 months of a grind. I do it and we do it because we have to but I don’t understand “why” we have to?
The only reason WHY we use it, is because the NFBC currently is deciding to use. There is no reason why they NEED to use it. It's just the way it's been, until hopefully starting in 2020 because there is really no good justification for using it.

And one other thing, can we all please stop with the "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" arguments. They are just lame attempts to make a point that's conflating different arguments. Like "well if we are going to cut out Game 163, then we should cut out the last week of the season...or the last two weeks of the season...or maybe even come up with a contest that eliminates the entirety of September for that matter, because of all the lineup volatility, call ups, etc." These have nothing to do with the issue at hand. We are all still on the same level playing field no matter how shitty that level playing field may be for these "baby with the bathwater" examples, and we all have to manage and can manage to still have control of all of our destinies to one degree or another for those games as much as our competitors do. This isn't the case in for games 163 and beyond for all of the owners in all of the leagues in the NFBC. And it should be.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:13 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:07 pm
Oooh, have I struck a nerve there Gekko? Tough talk on line which of course you'd never back up to me face to face in a million years or of course on your own. Tiger on the message boards, tit mouse in person. So I'll give you some time to reconsider your verbal blathering. An interesting NFBC poll to put up would be who truly fears who more...or maybe just who has more fears in life in general. Let's start with you and your shadow, and work our way up the list from there. I've already spent enough time sinking to your level, so enough of your junior high school level taunting. Momma insults? Really? That's the best you got?! And this one is a classic:

As to your fantasy baseball skills, there is some good as you came in 3rd, 2nd, and 1stlast year. Obviously *you* drafted some quality teams. This assumes *you* didn’t “steal” picks from top owners and make them your own (which has been rumored). Yeah, that's a rumor that's been flying around for a while...like on FOX News and while you're hanging out in Greg's attic. :lol:

I've done a couple of auctions, but I'm not an auction fan or regular competitor, but I will take you on in any high stakes draft minus your lackey. I have a spot in the 2020 MTM Ultimate all reserved for you. And an extra $5000 sweetener would be a good starting point. Try telling these guys about how inferior they are in terms of NFBC competition and see how that goes? Or maybe reach out to the guys in KJ's MLBCL where I have won the MOY title two years in a row in my first two years in the league and diss on those inferior competitors as well. I'm sure they'd all appreciate your feedback as well. No? Didn't think so.

And it must be amazing that in all of your years in this game, that you've never had shit years and shit leagues where you made shit mistakes. Was that on your HOF Plaque? Must have missed that part of your speech. Gauntlet has been thrown down, bro'. Don't be a puss out. That's just FEAR fucking with you. :P [/b]
Ut O, Mikey's weakness is bubbling to the surface!!! He just might be a legend in his own mind and when out of talking points he resorts to a Neanderthal mindset..."say it to me face-to-face" as if to start some sort of face-to-face confrontation. ASSUMING YOU CAN HANDLE IT (please let me know), if we are in a live league together (PLEASE MAIN EVENT RANDOM LEAGUE GENERATOR!!!), I WILL HAVE YOU ON TILT BEFORE THE DRAFT STARTS AND DURING THE DRAFT. BE PREPARED FOR A PUBLIC FLOGGING OF YOUR NUMEROUS FANTASY RELATED SNAFUS WHILE THE DRAFT IS IN PROCESS. :D

Given your widespread FAAB mismanagement, we all understand why you are not an "auction fan or regular competitor"....working with numbers is not your strong suit. :lol:

Lastly, please don't forget to tell the audience out there that we did compete in a las vegas main event league together a couple years ago. i'm sure you remember that well. when i knew i had the league won, i purposefully inserted crap players in my lineup to hoodwink you into thinking you had a chance to win the league. when you got close enough to think you had a chance at winning, i simply stepped on the accelerator and watched you fade away into oblivion. KABOOM!

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:26 pm

God, I love when rule discussions get personal. Great stuff. Reminds me of this..... :lol:

Gekko (piching) vs. MTM (hitting):

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/statu ... 34535?s=21
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Gekko wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:13 am
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:07 pm

And it must be amazing that in all of your years in this game, that you've never had shit years and shit leagues where you made shit mistakes. Was that on your HOF Plaque? Must have missed that part of your speech. Gauntlet has been thrown down, bro'. Don't be a puss out. That's just FEAR fucking with you. :P [/b]
Ut O, Mikey's weakness is bubbling to the surface!!! He just might be a legend in his own mind and when out of talking points he resorts to a Neanderthal mindset..."say it to me face-to-face" as if to start some sort of face-to-face confrontation. ASSUMING YOU CAN HANDLE IT (please let me know), if we are in a live league together (PLEASE MAIN EVENT RANDOM LEAGUE GENERATOR!!!), I WILL HAVE YOU ON TILT BEFORE THE DRAFT STARTS AND DURING THE DRAFT. BE PREPARED FOR A PUBLIC FLOGGING OF YOUR NUMEROUS FANTASY RELATED SNAFUS WHILE THE DRAFT IS IN PROCESS. :D

Given your widespread FAAB mismanagement, we all understand why you are not an "auction fan or regular competitor"....working with numbers is not your strong suit. :lol:

Lastly, please don't forget to tell the audience out there that we did compete in a las vegas main event league together a couple years ago. i'm sure you remember that well. when i knew i had the league won, i purposefully inserted crap players in my lineup to hoodwink you into thinking you had a chance to win the league. when you got close enough to think you had a chance at winning, i simply stepped on the accelerator and watched you fade away into oblivion. KABOOM!

And here we have the The Great Paper Tiger aka The NFBC Tit Mouse showing his true stripes, ladies and gents, and checking all the boxes.

:arrow: Completely ducking the MTM Ultimate invite after the gauntlet was thrown down after feigning wanting to be in the league with such inferior competition which he obviously can't hang with. CHECK :!:

:arrow: Can't put his money where his mouth is after all his trash talk since he doesn't have the wherewithal, financial and otherwise. CHECK :!:

:arrow: Begs the "THE NFBC RANDOM GENERATOR" aka Daddy Ambrosius to bale him out with a Main Event pairing with yours truly to help save face and at a much lower price point, of course. CHECK :!:

:arrow: Tries to deflect and change the subject with lame ass bullshit that has nothing to do with the challenge laid down by bringing up a Main Event that we did compete in and finish 1-2 in a few years back. Funny how I don't recall anything other than Gekko sweating on me the entire time as we drafted right next to each other at 14/15 with me on the turn as I was "stealing" all of his players. Other than this, he of course was as intimidating at the draft table as one of Lindy's sheep.

And does anyone reading this who has competed in a Main Event at this level of competition really buy into a word of this jackass statement by Gekko?

Truly laughable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you're off the hook, Gekko. You're just a bunch of talk. The gauntlet has been retrieved. You're safe from any further humiliation. I'm bored of you already. Have the last word. Matching wits with me is also a losing proposition for you as everyone can clearly see. Invite to the MTM Ultimate is off the table. I and the rest of the vastly inferior competition in the league will just have to go another year without you showing us all how it's done.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:18 pm

September 2020

It’s been a great season for Dan who finishes 2nd in the Main Event. He came very close to taking the Championship being tied in Wins and just 5 strikeouts behind the team in 1st place.

Dan got stellar performances from nearly all of his players including Red Sox SP Chris Sale who is a shoe-in for the AL Cy Young award.

Sale will be on the mound for Boston tomorrow as the Sox face Seattle in a make up game for their game which was rained out in May. Boston is tied with Toronto for the final Wildcard spot in the playoffs. With a win over the Royals, Boston will avoid the need for a game 163 against the Blue Jays.

Dan says he’s happy finishing 2nd in the Main Event and it wouldn’t bother him at all if Chis Sale gets the win tomorrow. “Sure, the game will count in the regular season for MLB stats. But I’m okay with them not counting in the NFBC.”

;)
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes, some teams play 161 games.
Yes, some teams play more extra inning games than others.
Yes, some players get inured more than others.

But those risks apply to all owners equally. Game 163's stats only impact those teams lucky enough to have players in that game.

It would be helpful to have a survey on this because I have no idea if people are 50/50 on this or 80/20.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Gekko wrote:
ASSUMING YOU CAN HANDLE IT (please let me know), if we are in a live league together (PLEASE MAIN EVENT RANDOM LEAGUE GENERATOR!!!), I WILL HAVE YOU ON TILT BEFORE THE DRAFT STARTS AND DURING THE DRAFT. BE PREPARED FOR A PUBLIC FLOGGING OF YOUR NUMEROUS FANTASY RELATED SNAFUS WHILE THE DRAFT IS IN PROCESS. :D
Baseball Furies wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm bored of you already. Have the last word. Matching wits with me is also a losing proposition for you as everyone can clearly see. Invite to the MTM Ultimate is off the table.
I asked me if you could handle it and you answered loud and clear. Ran back to your momma with tail between legs! Wise decision, as your in over your head. Best you go back to a place your comfortable with…the gym. Which, by the way, we have a pic of you and your boyfriends doing your pre-draft workout from last year. Enjoy!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:48 am

Gekko wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Gekko wrote:
ASSUMING YOU CAN HANDLE IT (please let me know), if we are in a live league together (PLEASE MAIN EVENT RANDOM LEAGUE GENERATOR!!!), I WILL HAVE YOU ON TILT BEFORE THE DRAFT STARTS AND DURING THE DRAFT. BE PREPARED FOR A PUBLIC FLOGGING OF YOUR NUMEROUS FANTASY RELATED SNAFUS WHILE THE DRAFT IS IN PROCESS. :D
Baseball Furies wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm bored of you already. Have the last word. Matching wits with me is also a losing proposition for you as everyone can clearly see. Invite to the MTM Ultimate is off the table.
I asked me if you could handle it and you answered loud and clear. Ran back to your momma with tail between legs! Wise decision, as your in over your head. Best you go back to a place your comfortable with…the gym. Which, by the way, we have a pic of you and your boyfriends doing your pre-draft workout from last year. Enjoy!

Now you're lowering yourself to gay bashing gym jokes for a laugh. :roll: You really should stop. You're embarrassing yourself. That gif has been used a thousand times by the way...just like your right hand while you were searching through them.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 am

Now you are accusing me of gay bashing?!? LOL. If I included a pic of you and 2 women, you’d accuse me of women bashing. Or if I included a pic of your fake muscle man titties, you’d accuse me of body shaming. U seem to be following a divisive playbook, like your mentor Donald trump. :lol:

With that said, I received a PM last night from someone enjoying the systematic takedown of MTM; however they asked that i take it to a separate dedicated thread so as not to derail any 2020 rule discussions. I will do so using the NYC Ultimate thread.

PS - If the timing of the NYC Ultimate works for me, I can’t wait until I’m interviewed. Here’s how it goes:

Host: Gekko, as a Hall of Famer, why did you decide to join this league?

Gekko: three letters...MTM. Let me tell you about him, and why I’m only competing against 13 other owners.. :o :lol: :twisted:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:31 am

Gekko wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 am
Now you are accusing me of gay bashing?!? LOL. If I included a pic of you and 2 women, you’d accuse me of women bashing. Or if I included a pic of your fake muscle man titties, you’d accuse me of body shaming. U seem to be following a divisive playbook, like your mentor Donald trump. :lol:

With that said, I received a PM last night from someone enjoying the systematic takedown of MTM; however they asked that i take it to a separate dedicated thread so as not to derail any 2020 rule discussions. I will do so using the NYC Ultimate thread.

PS - If the timing of the NYC Ultimate works for me, I can’t wait until I’m interviewed. Here’s how it goes:

Host: Gekko, as a Hall of Famer, why did you decide to join this league?

Gekko: three letters...MTM. Let me tell you about him, and why I’m only competing against 13 other owners.. :o :lol: :twisted:
One whole anonymous PM, huh? Can't keep up with the ones I have been getting daily. Still searching for where the take down took place. And don't worry, I'll make sure that Sirius sets you up for an interview that night. They do the segment on the wannabes and spectators after the draft is over.

LTDave

Post by LTDave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:57 am

I absolutely agree that the play-in games (163) should definitely not count, and I agree with others who have compared the end of the season to Week 17 of fantasy football - it's the exact same thing! Guys get shut down, playoff teams bench most of their starters when they clinch... people nowhere near the money can save their FAAB and come thundering in the last 2 weeks when everyone else used their FAAB to play while real baseball was still going on. So it's a battle of who picks up the right scrub September All-Stars for the final 2 weeks of the season... guys who wouldn't be a factor whatsoever if other guys weren't shut down early or benched because their teams have noting to play for. It's not REAL major league baseball - it's a shell of it. To be fair, yes, this did screw me particularly hard this year, but I've been a proponent of cutting off the last week (Or 2 even honestly) of the MLB season for years now. The argument "it's still the regular season so it should count" doesn't hold any water as we've clearly accepted that Week 17 of the NFL season (which counts as the regular season in the NFL still) can be chopped off. My 2 cents anyhow.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:43 am

LTDave wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:57 am
I absolutely agree that the play-in games (163) should definitely not count, and I agree with others who have compared the end of the season to Week 17 of fantasy football - it's the exact same thing! Guys get shut down, playoff teams bench most of their starters when they clinch... people nowhere near the money can save their FAAB and come thundering in the last 2 weeks when everyone else used their FAAB to play while real baseball was still going on. So it's a battle of who picks up the right scrub September All-Stars for the final 2 weeks of the season... guys who wouldn't be a factor whatsoever if other guys weren't shut down early or benched because their teams have noting to play for. It's not REAL major league baseball - it's a shell of it. To be fair, yes, this did screw me particularly hard this year, but I've been a proponent of cutting off the last week (Or 2 even honestly) of the MLB season for years now. The argument "it's still the regular season so it should count" doesn't hold any water as we've clearly accepted that Week 17 of the NFL season (which counts as the regular season in the NFL still) can be chopped off. My 2 cents anyhow.
This ain't the NFL I know we got a lot of crossover players, but keep the NFL ridiculousness on the NFFC side.

All weeks should absolutely count in MLB roto format. I also think 163-64 etc should count too, but we should not be able to change lineups. This is a game of skill so whether its speculating a possible FAAB player that might be in an extra game, the starting lineups set the week before should have similar speculation and strategy as well.

If it counts as regular season stats it should count towards Roto as well.