NYC Ultimate League

Gekko

NYC Ultimate League

Post by Gekko » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:55 am

I'm not sure if the 2020 NYC schedule of events has been finalized; however is there a way to move up the starting time of the NYC Ultimate? 8pm start time on a Friday night in NYC (St Patty Day weekend) isn't very appealing to me. Any way of getting a 5pm start on either thursday, friday or saturday? Just asking. Thanks.

King of Queens

Re: NYC Ultimate League

Post by King of Queens » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:46 am

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:10 pm

How about getting in 3 events on saturday by moving up the Saturday main event from 1pm to begin at 11am. NYC Ultimate could begin right after that (3pm?). have $1,300 auction begin at 7pm

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:35 am

Gekko wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:55 am
I'm not sure if the 2020 NYC schedule of events has been finalized; however is there a way to move up the starting time of the NYC Ultimate? 8pm start time on a Friday night in NYC (St Patty Day weekend) isn't very appealing to me. Any way of getting a 5pm start on either thursday, friday or saturday? Just asking. Thanks.
Oh sure, Mr. Tit Mouse, we'll just rearrange everyone's entire schedule in this league to accommodate a spot for you in a league that you are no longer invited to due to the fact that you have already pussed out of the challenge. Fuck, we'll even consider shifting it to an entirely different day just for you! Tell you what, why don't you just have us all over to your place whenever it's good for you and your agent/lackey, and we'll just hold it in your basement where your momma can serve us some cookies and milk while we draft with Greg as the facilitator? :P :oops:

Got to hand it to you, Gekko. You're truly a legend in your own mind. And there is no one on here to ask but me. My league, my call, and you proved not worthy of it, so case closed.

Oh and by the way, not to steal Chris Liss's catch phrase or anything, but real man doesn't worry about another night out getting hammered in an Irish Pub in Manhattan over The MTM Ultimate which is THE BEST NFBC CONTEST OFFERING, BAR NONE...which of course you will be missing. It's actually become somewhat of a fraternity of excellence over the years, even a brotherhood of sorts; and I really just don't feel you're up to the caliber of people in this league anyway to allow you to hang with them.

:arrow: Lame-ass Note to all by the way: MTM ULTIMATE DATE: 3/13/20. St. Patrick's Day: FOUR DAYS LATER on 3/17/20. Fact: Alcohol kills brains cells. Gekko loses a few more and he's a talking monkey.

Next move folks, if you're following at home: Gekko has Greg call me whining for him on his behalf to let him in. :oops: :lol:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 am

MTM Ultimate? I looked on last year’s NFBC NYC Schedule of Events, and I didn’t see it. What gives? Is this something else that exists only in your mind?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:35 am
I really just don't feel you're up to the caliber of people in this league anyway to allow you to hang with them.
Translation: mikey recognizes he will be on tilt before, during and after the draft. He can’t afford to flush ANOTHER 5K down the toilet. Heck, I’d suggest to all of you that he’s on tilt now. I never thought I’d see the day where Mikey took his ball and ran home to momma.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 am

Mikey from another thread...
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm
Obviously this (timing of NYC Ultimate) isn't ideal on several levels, especially the stress on the competitors
Anyone notice how mikey said “STRESS”. Shit, it’s still October and Mikey is feeling enough STRESS about 2020 to post about it!!!!! Seek help mikey!!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:48 am

I’m sure that a phantom “Waiting List” will be used as the excuse to keep Mark out of this league. The same thing happened to me two years ago when I tried to join. Apparently Mike threatened to quit the NFBC if he was forced to be in a league with me. FEAR :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 am

Greg

Count me in as someone who would prefer the earlier start. I always try to make the post dinner and the earlier start would make that better too.

I also hope that you are not allowing a contestant in a contest to determine who gets in and who doesn’t. It should be first come first serve like every other league on your platform

For anyone thinking about this league. Great people and great competition. I was not a big fan of the draft spots being determined live but it is growing on me a bit. Don’t let that keep you away

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 am

I also hope that you are not allowing a contestant in a contest to determine who gets in and who doesn’t. It should be first come first serve like every other league on your platform
Correct, Kent. With that said, this probably requires further clarification:
Baseball Furies wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:35 am
And there is no one on here to ask but me. My league, my call, and you proved not worthy of it, so case closed.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:57 am

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:22 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:
Greg

Count me in as someone who would prefer the earlier start. I always try to make the post dinner and the earlier start would make that better too.

For anyone thinking about this league. Great people and great competition. I was not a big fan of the draft spots being determined live but it is growing on me a bit. Don’t let that keep you away

Very well said, Kent. Also, congrats on your 2nd place finish in this event this past year.

If the timing of the event can arranged for no later than 5pm on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and doesn’t coincide with the NYC Super Auction, i’d Like to throw my name into the ring for consideration. It’s my hope I can contribute and bring my own style to the rich history of this league.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:26 am

Also wanted to mention that if I remember correctly, Mr Stermon, you smoked me a couple years ago in an auction league we were in together. I’d obviously have my work cut out for me if I was included in the NYC Ultimate league.

roundmann

Post by roundmann » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Gekko wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:10 pm
How about getting in 3 events on saturday by moving up the Saturday main event from 1pm to begin at 11am. NYC Ultimate could begin right after that (3pm?). have $1,300 auction begin at 7pm
I agree with Saturday 11am - it sucks sitting around waiting til 1pm
also allows out of towners to leave earlier.
Roundmann

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:23 pm

You fellas should be ashamed of yourselves. I know Mike is not everybody's cup of tea.
At the same time he has built and nurtured this draft into what it has become. He has spent his own cash as benefits for all the participants.
He has made the draft what it is today.
On a smaller scale, I have built the PreMature and Mia Leagues. If they were to be taken away or altered, I would feel betrayed.
Self-starting leagues takes the trust of 14 other drafters. They're a lot of work. They require trust in the person beginning that league.
He has brought publicity to the contest via outside sources. All good for the NFBC.
The league has flourished. Let it be.
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Chest Rockwell wrote:

FWIW Kent, not every NFBC league is first come first serve. For example, the AL and NL only Vegas leagues give first dibs to the previous year's owners. If someone drops out, then the first name on the waiting list gets in.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:23 pm
You fellas should be ashamed of yourselves. I know Mike is not everybody's cup of tea.
At the same time he has built and nurtured this draft into what it has become. He has spent his own cash as benefits for all the participants.
On a smaller scale, I have built the PreMature and Mia Leagues. If they were to be taken away or altered, I would feel betrayed.
Self-starting leagues takes the trust of 14 other drafters. They're a lot of work. They require trust in the person beginning that league.
He has brought publicity to the contest via outside sources. All good for the NFBC.
ashamed? for what?
:arrow: ASKING if the time of the NYC Ultimate could be moved? Mike HIMSELF asked for it to be moved earlier. :P

:arrow: razzing Mikey on the MB about his FAAB SNAFUs? he dishes it out, so now he can't take it? :roll: :lol:

:arrow: the league we are referring to is published on the NFBC website as the "NYC Ultimate". are you saying the NFBC has it wrong?

:arrow: assuming the NFBC does not have it wrong, are you in favor of MTM (a participant in the NYC Ultimate) being able to decide at his sole discretion who is in an NFBC LIVE league?

thanks doughy!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:46 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
while mike and I do go at it from time to time, I do give him credit for getting this league started and keeping it going. from the little bit i know and have seen, he puts a lot into making this league special. with that said, if someone (Greg, Mike, Mike's momma, anyone) can make this an earlier start (5pm), i'd like to throw my hat into the ring and DEMOLISH MTM :P

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:22 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thanks Dough. I appreciate you getting it. I'm done with the pointless banter back and forth trying to explain the obvious. The truth is I pushed hard for Mark to get in last year at the EXACT time and date as it has always been held, but to no avail, and there was no complaining about it cutting into his bar hopping then. This only came into play as an issue this year when he was hit with the $5000 side bet which he immediately deflected on and dodged when I again tried laying down the gauntlet and offering him a spot in the draft (and yes folks, the fact that I created this draft, recruit for it, bring the money in for the NFBC for it year after year, promote the hell out of it on behalf the NFBC which gets HUGE exposure for all the contests as a whole, not just this one, which also brings in new players and revenue; not to mention the little part of the literally thousands of dollars and dozens of hours that I invest in my personal money and time into it each year for all the little nuances, entertainment elements, and extras, gives me the right to add the little "MTM" in front of the Ultimate even though it's not officially listed in the NFBC "brochure" just like Dough's drafts, KJ's drafts, etc aren't either. Which means I GET TO CALL THE SHOTS AND HAVE THE FINAL SAY. PERIOD END OF STORY. )

So Mark can bitch, piss, and moan all he wants. He can brag and boast all he wants, but he knows deep down that I can beat him just as easily as the reverse could happen in any given league. Maybe the "NFBC Randomizer" will help bale him out this year on some small scale, so he can save some modicum of dignity. I'm sure a quick call to Wisconsin on his part is in the plans. He was offered the challenge this year again on the big stage, and he dodged it. Then after looking bad in doing so, all of sudden he wanted to save face by going on some bullshit time/date change campaign to accommodate his social and personal life with his personal agent/attorney (who I'm not going address directly because if I do, it's going to get really ugly very quickly so if I were him, I would be shutting the fuck up before we have to re-open Pandora's box which is going to be good for no one). So my advice is don't poke the bear, go about your merry way, and let sleeping dogs lie.

So to be clear, the date is Friday the 13th at 8:00 p.m. EST in NYC at the Stewart Hotel by invitation only (returning owners get right of first refusal as always) with all the rules as they are currently laid out including the "Iron Balls KDS Draft Slot Selection", Kent, as it has always been. A slightly earlier start has been requested in the past for the evening, but whether or not this is granted, this draft goes down under my guidelines via the NFBC as it always has with the NFBC brotherhood/fraternity of some of the best competitors and best people the NFBC has to offer gathering yet again for it's 9th Season and the crowning of this year's champ, David Einhorn. I hope this puts this to rest. Nothing more will be said on the matter on this thread or any other one going forward.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:19 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:22 am
I GET TO CALL THE SHOTS AND HAVE THE FINAL SAY. PERIOD END OF STORY.
Actually, you don't -- it's up to the SportsHub Games Network to have the "final say." That shouldn't need to be spelled out, but I'm sure Greg can talk about the legal terms that every participant signs prior to the start of this league.

Listen, if you want to have your own private league, have at it. You can make your own rules and set your own terms. However, if this is going to be an "official" NFBC league where SHGN is taking on the financial risk of paying out prizes -- even in the event when participants pay their entry fees late or not at all -- then it is up to them, not you, to decide things like:

(1) who gets in and who doesn't
(2) the methodology of draft slot allocation
(3) the draft date/time
(4) the draft venue
(5) whether Game 163s are included in the league standings

Your suggestions are more than welcome, but ultimately, it's not your call.
Baseball Furies wrote:
his personal agent/attorney (who I'm not going address directly because if I do, it's going to get really ugly very quickly so if I were him, I would be shutting the fuck up before we have to re-open Pandora's box which is going to be good for no one). So my advice is don't poke the bear, go about your merry way, and let sleeping dogs lie.
Years ago, you called me out for what you felt was questionable FAAB management. Now that your annual mishandling of FAAB has come to light, it's only fair that I return the favor. Now, as for poking the bear:

Last edited by King of Queens on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:45 am

Baseball Furies wrote:

Nothing more will be said on the matter on this thread or any other one going forward.
I’m thinking this is only the beginning. :lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:55 am

MTM - If the scheduling works for me, and I consider accepting your side bet, I would certainly need more than your “word” that you’ll pay me once you get DEMOLISHED.

Much like a company running a credit check, would you be okay with me speaking with Greg to ask if you have consistently paid for your NFBC entry fees on-time. As someone who is considering a side bet you originated, I would like to ensure you have never stiffed the NFBC or delayed payment with lame ass excuses.

Are you okay with me asking Greg? Thanks!

Dustmite

Post by Dustmite » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:15 am

Here ya go, guys...probably should get it over with already lol
Attachments
61cRvs9F2cL._SX425_.jpg
61cRvs9F2cL._SX425_.jpg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 7960 times
RotoSaurus.com

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 am

Geez, I go to Kansas City for a Packers game and after a fun weekend I return to this? :shock:

And to think folks said the Message Boards were dead. You CAN NEVER kill these boards.

All of our high-dollar private leagues allow last year's participants first dibs on their spots through December 31st. I'll email all of those participants regularly and all they have to do to secure their spots is give a confirmation. We don't ask for any payments before February 15th.

But after that we're in the business of filling leagues. Now Mike likely has a waiting list from past seasons for this league, just like I will create a list of backups who want to be next on the list for other private high-dollar leagues. This happens all the time and I'm sure the New York Ultimate League will have no trouble filling quickly. But we were stuck at 13 for a bit last year and we did add two new owners to the New York Ultimate League late in the off-season and both were great additions. They weren't recruited personally; they just signed up online and they came in before a 16th owner asked if he could still get in. Nope, it was full.

Filling leagues with good owners. That's what we're in the business of doing.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 am

But after that we're in the business of filling leagues. Now Mike likely has a waiting list from past seasons for this league, just like I will create a list of backups who want to be next on the list for other private high-dollar leagues. This happens all the time and I'm sure the New York Ultimate League will have no trouble filling quickly. But we were stuck at 13 for a bit last year and we did add two new owners to the New York Ultimate League late in the off-season and both were great additions. They weren't recruited personally; they just signed up online and they came in before a 16th owner asked if he could still get in. Nope, it was full.
Good to hear, Greg. Since I already know of at least one opening in this league (the spot that was offered to Mark and then rescinded), please put me down as officially on the wait list for the NYC Ultimate. Sounds like a great time!

I am assuming that if there are ACTUAL people who are on the wait list ahead of me, those names will be revealed NOW and not in 2 or 3 months...or whenever is convenient for MTM to try to weasel his way out of competing against me. :lol: