NYC Ultimate League

Gekko

Re: NYC Ultimate League

Post by Gekko » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:33 pm

This shit just got real!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Do I smell a side bet? What’s a good figure KoQ? 10K? 20K? (Assuming mikey passes his credit check and he’s not considered a deadbeat)

I’m hoping mikey doesn’t dodge a main event champ. That would be pretty damn cowardly!

Last edited by Gekko on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Gekko wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:36 pm
Do I smell a side bet? What’s a good figure KoQ? 10K? 20K? (Assuming mikey passes his credit check and he’s not considered a deadbeat)

I’m hoping mikey doesn’t dodge a main event champ. That would be pretty damn cowardly!
Since I've already poked the bear, it's time to turn my focus to the sleeping dogs:

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Silly. All of this. How about you have a little three way group text chat to exchange pleasantries? No idea what this whole $ thing is about but i don't think this is the place for that. Just my opinion. All three of you are amazing players and competitors. Would be great to put some of that energy and creativeness towards making this product even better and getting more people to play this game.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 pm

I talked to my backer, and he'd like to be added to the list under my name. Please put me ahead of both Mark and Glenn as I'm dead money and I don't have the magic waiver wire keys that Mike fears the most.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:33 am

Mike Tit Mouse

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:37 am

CC's Desperados wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 pm
I talked to my backer, and he'd like to be added to the list under my name. Please put me ahead of both Mark and Glenn as I'm dead money and I don't have the magic waiver wire keys that Mike fears the most.
The old band is back together!!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:51 am

NYC Ultimate wait list (updated)

If draft starts at 5pm EDT
1. Mark
2. Glenn
3. Shawn

If draft starts at 8pm EDT
1. Glenn
2. Shawn
3. Mark

If Mike ducks Mark and Glenn
1. Shawn
2. Phantom #1
3. Phantom #2

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 am

MOUTH's goody bag for MTM 2020 just got a little more retainerish!
Attachments
rolex-watches-luxury-watches.jpg
rolex-watches-luxury-watches.jpg (12.47 KiB) Viewed 8032 times

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 am

Wow, do I smell a Quahogs entry coming soon? This NYC Ultimate Is getting better by the day!

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:32 am

King of Queens wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:51 am
NYC Ultimate wait list (updated)

If draft starts at 5pm EDT
1. Mark
2. Glenn
3. Shawn

If draft starts at 8pm EDT
1. Glenn
2. Shawn
3. Mark

If Mike ducks Mark and Glenn
1. Shawn
2. Phantom #1
3. Phantom #2
Sounds like a start to a second league.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 am

King of Queens wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 am
Wow, do I smell a Quahogs entry coming soon? This NYC Ultimate Is getting better by the day!
nah, not with MOUTH making the 2019 league-mates an offer they can't refuse. Good luck getting in there King! :lol:

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:24 am

Even better than that, make both leagues $6,000 with $1,000 going into a separate league challenge. Each draft position had a head-to-head match in overall Fantasy points. The league that wins the most matches gets the $30,000 added to their league prize.

The payoff options could be this:

A) Each owner in the league receives $2,000.

B) The top three owners in margin of victory split the winnings >>> $15,000, $10,000, and $5,000 setting up a team that falls off the pace a chance to win a nice prize.

C) Add those same prizes to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the winning leagues.

If you wanted to get crazy, the following year, you could have two league winners be captions to draft the participates for each league. Does the caption want to draft a weaker league for a better chance at the league prize or draft the best owners to raise the league prize?

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 am

From a neutral point of view, I've been mostly an auction guy but I do a few drafts over my 4 years......I agree with Doughboys and with Mike. To me, since Mike organized this pool, promoted this pool, and spent time and money on this pool, he SHOULD get to decide who gets in. He is making money (and publicity) for the NFBC. If other guys are mad, why not just start your own. There are several "special" pools in the NFBC and I would NEVER try to force my way in. I might ask, but I respect the guys that have been a group for these special pools. Don't be mad at my comments. This is a fun forum with great guys. The entire NFBC is like that. I'm simply stating my view as a neutral NFBC guy.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 am

Thurman15 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 am
From a neutral point of view, I've been mostly an auction guy but I do a few drafts over my 4 years......I agree with Doughboys and with Mike. To me, since Mike organized this pool, promoted this pool, and spent time and money on this pool, he SHOULD get to decide who gets in. He is making money (and publicity) for the NFBC. If other guys are mad, why not just start your own. There are several "special" pools in the NFBC and I would NEVER try to force my way in. I might ask, but I respect the guys that have been a group for these special pools. Don't be mad at my comments. This is a fun forum with great guys. The entire NFBC is like that. I'm simply stating my view as a neutral NFBC guy.
Hi Thurman,
Appreciate you taking the time to post. I could be wrong; however I don’t think anyone is mad. In summary,

1. Mike Tit Mouse OFFERED me a spot in “his” ultimate league. While I prefer an earlier start time (5pm), I am still considering HIS offer and the customary start time (8pm).

2. Mike OFFERED a $5,000 side bet between him and I. I am still considering HIS offer; however since we are talking a lot of money (and Mikey may not be the most “level-head” person out there); I ASKED mikey if I could speak to Greg and find out if Mikey has consistently paid his NFBC event fees on time and never stiffed the NFBC. Basically, I want to find out if he was/is a deadbeat owner.

Again, I don’t think anyone is mad. I’m patiently waiting for mikey to return from his momma’s basement and publicly respond to my financial follow-up question to HIS offer.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 am

Thurman15 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 am
Hi Thurman. I don’t believe anyone is trying to “force” their way into a league. Almost all of the high-stakes leagues have very high retention rates. As Greg stated, owners from the prior year have until December 31st to declare their intentions to return. Should any of those 15 individuals not return, there is sometimes a wait list of owners to draw from. If that list doesn’t exist, it goes to a first-come-first-served basis.

Based on the statements of the last week or so, it seems that no such wait list exists. If it does exist, it is being circumvented by a “challenge” offer. It is also apparent that there will be at least one opening in the NYC Ultimate. Mark was the first to express interest, so it’s only fair that he should have the first shot at that available spot. However, should he decline, I am offering to officially throw my hat into the ring.

With all due respect, I would ask that you clarify part of your statement. It seems that you are stating that NFBC competitors should have the ability to exclude other NFBC owners from a particular league. We have already heard from the Commissioner on the process for openings in these high-stakes leagues. Should the NYC Ultimate be treated differently from the other Ultimates, Diamonds or the Platinum?

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 am

OK maybe I should have clarified how this pool/league actually started. Did the NFBC start it and anyone could join originally ? Or did Mike organize it and ask the NFBC to run it ? What I think is acceptable is the following.....Joe Smith contacts 14 other guys who agree to go in a pool together. Joe asks Greg to run it, explaining he has a full group. If Greg agrees, then posts it, but someone else demands to be in, they should not be allowed, even if they sign up before one of the other 14.

But if I am mistaken in thinking this has been done before, then I'm wrong. But I was pretty sure there were "memorial" pools that always included the same guys, or other pools that had names, had the same people each year, but were officially run by the NFBC.

Bottom line, the more pools and leagues there are, the better for the NFBC and for participants. And the less arguing the better. But I am not at all offended if I'm told some of my beliefs are wrong.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

anpyanks

Post by anpyanks » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 am

I'm a little confused by this thread. I signed up for this league on the NFBC website last year. I didn't know Mike personally (only from the message boards) nor was ever extended a invitation. I will say this is the most enjoyable league that Eric and I have participated in the NFBC (and they are all great). Mike went above and beyond to welcome us (as did all the guys in the league, great group of people). The after party was great, tons of ball busting, and most importantly the competition was fierce (all these guys are incredible players). Can't wait til year 2 and if anyone has the opportunity, I suggest getting in (however that may be).

P.S. Mike's bark is much bigger than his bite lol

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am

anpyanks wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 am
I'm a little confused by this thread. I signed up for this league on the NFBC website last year. I didn't know Mike personally (only from the message boards) nor was ever extended a invitation. I will say this is the most enjoyable league that Eric and I have participated in the NFBC (and they are all great). Mike went above and beyond to welcome us (as did all the guys in the league, great group of people). The after party was great, tons of ball busting, and most importantly the competition was fierce (all these guys are incredible players). Can't wait til year 2 and if anyone has the opportunity, I suggest getting in (however that may be).

And you were great additions to this league, as were Samuel and Simon and whoever else just signed up online. Not everyone comes back to this league or other Ultimate/Diamond/Platinum/Super leagues each year, so it's open on Registration and when spots open up folks replace them. That's how it works. Mike stays in contact with several folks who are coming back to New York City and he wants 15 live bodies (no matter what shape they're in) and first dibs go to those who were in last year. If everyone returns, then problem solved. But if not it's great to have new owners like Anthony/Mike and others who are coming to New York and looking for a competitive, fun league with great prizes. That's what we offer here. Thanks for the post.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 am

anpyanks wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 am

Testimonials like this has me thinking about shelving my Friday night NYC plans and accepting Mike’s offer. It’s probably either enter this league or enter the diamond auction league. This is a difficult decision.