Astros

Yah Mule

Astros

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

The fallout continues. Now three MLB teams are looking for managers and Beltran's people are firing back. Will we see guys like Altuve and Bregman begin to experience ADP drop?

Kind of looks like, "No, no! I've got a piece on."

mdecav

Re: Astros

Post by mdecav » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm

The Yanks lost in the playoffs to all three of these teams (‘17, ‘19 Astros, ‘18 Sox)

COZ

Re: Astros

Post by COZ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm
The fallout continues. Now three MLB teams are looking for managers and Beltran's people are firing back. Will we see guys like Altuve and Bregman begin to experience ADP drop?

Kind of looks like, "No, no! I've got a piece on."

That Altuve video is pretty damning circumstantial evidence. What is even more damning, in all this bluster & hand-wringing about the integrity of the game, is the integrity of MLB's investigation itself. This so-called comprehensive investigative report that was just released stated that "MLB explored wearable devices during the investigation but found no evidence to substantiate it." That investigation, MLB said, includes 2019. Apparently, Jomboy & the crowd sourcing of Twitter has done a more comprehensive investigation than MLB has done, or they're either covering up or minimizing the use of electronic devices by hitters since this directly implicates the results of the playoffs & World Series for at least the last 3 years. Sign-stealing in and of itself must require a second component of relaying actionable intelligence to the hitter in order for it to be effective. While I have not yet sat down & read the whole report, I am calling bullshit on Altuve's denials, bullshit on MLB's findings regarding the use of electronic devices (buzzers) & calling bullshit on at least the last 3 years of playoff results. But, yeah, keep fiddling on the roof over & over about the pace of play, meanwhile your “comprehensive” report, and with it, the very integrity of the game itself is burning to the ground, Rob Manfred.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci