Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Quahogs

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Quahogs » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:56 pm
This is specifically for Steve Jupinka: The lost year of 2010 has been found and is now available for viewing!! :D

We just added the 2010 results to all of your Historical Teams pages and it is now part of the Historical overall standings. Just go to My Teams and pull down to My Historical Teams. Then click on Baseball and pull down to Overall Standings. Then pull All Years to 2010. It is labeled as Classic right now, but we'll change that to Main Event. Auction Championship and the Online Championship is also listed there.

We are still trying to convert 2017 there and have released the Career Standings without that year. More details on that shortly.
Well I'll be damned - so it wasn't just a dream :lol: Remember that league well, wasn't that long ago was it?
Zwald-41.jpg
Zwald-41.jpg (20.66 KiB) Viewed 79477 times

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Yes, it is one time-out for the DC's. We'll get this squared away Monday along with the pause clock. Greg and I will manually handle the start/stop times this weekend. Thanks, and again, my fault.
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:56 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:54 am
This has been fixed. Teams go on auto after timing out twice in a row in a Draft Champions league for all formats. Enjoy all and we’ll get this pause fixed for the 30-minute DC.
Greg, this is good for the 30 minute drafts but it has been one time out and auto for all other formats.
It has worked well that way.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm happy to report today that we have 400 Main Event signups. We hit 570 teams last year and prizes are based on 600 teams this year. That means we have 200 guaranteed spots left as we shoot for 40 Main Event leagues this year.

Thanks all and let's keep things rolling.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

gemc13

Post by gemc13 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm

What's up guys!? Got a data question for you. Could you make the player shares page sorted by first or last name? Trying to find my shares of players is quite difficult at the moment.

Thanks for the help and great product!

Colin Weatherwax

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 pm

I'll see if they can put a search field there for last name...or a toggle of some type.
gemc13 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm
What's up guys!? Got a data question for you. Could you make the player shares page sorted by first or last name? Trying to find my shares of players is quite difficult at the moment.

Thanks for the help and great product!

Colin Weatherwax

gemc13

Post by gemc13 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks Darik!

gemc13

Post by gemc13 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Reading up on the rules today. In the Solo Shot it says the FAAB will start on March 22nd and then the first sundsay of every month, so will we have a FAAB period on March 22nd and on April 5th?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:46 pm

gemc13 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:14 pm
Reading up on the rules today. In the Solo Shot it says the FAAB will start on March 22nd and then the first sundsay of every month, so will we have a FAAB period on March 22nd and on April 5th?
Yes. It's only fair for the owners who draft early to have access to the knowledge of rosters before Opening Day. Without allowing this, it would be tough for anyone to draft before those who wait for the last day or two before Opening Day.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN MY OFFICIAL NFBC STATEMENT THREAD!!!

If you need to ask questions or have political or doctoral comments please post here.

Here's the status report: Tom and I just got to the Stewart Hotel, which it's f---ing chaos. They cancelled the Big East Tournament at halftime of the Creighton game today and the Stewart Hotel is the headquarters for Creighton. Fans are checking out and trying to get flights out of here. Manhattan is as barron as I've ever seen it. Our flight had nobody on it. The country is taking this shit seriously and so are we.

My feeling is its inevitable that Major League Baseball HAS to postpone the start of the season. The NCAA Tournament is going to be cancelled with Duke and Kansas pulling out now. Our world is going to crash for a month or two to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It's inevitable.

The Stewart Hotel is working with us and we are meeting with them at 4 pm to discuss what we do next. I'll post after that meeting, but they totally understand our situation and are more than willing to work with us. So is Park MGM in Las Vegas.

This is all a work in progress and it wasn't easy from 35,000 feet above ground, but our feet are on the ground now and we are going to be swift with our decisions. I think you can tell which way we are going: Let's get proactive, slow this down and keep everyone safe at home.

Official announcement on all of that coming soon.

Again, use this thread for questions or comments. We appreciate all of your support and I haven't talked to one person who wants anything but a fair start to the season and not putting their lives at risk. We agree and will do everything we can to make that happen.

The season isn't over. Let's just be smart and put a pause on it until we know more. Stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

I have responded to all emails and am finally caught up on texts, emails and Twitter!!

Please allow Tom and myself to meet with the Stewart Hotel and to reach out to the Sheraton Northbrook to finalize our positions. If they help as expected, we will likely postpone everything scheduled for this weekend in the Main Event, Auction Championship, Ultimate and Solo Shot. We don't want ANYONE traveling at this point. I just need time to craft this announcement after these meetings. And Las Vegas isn't far behind with an announcement. This is serious shit.

I don't believe MLB starts in mid-April, but we will see if there's a chance to revive this same live schedule later or if we just want to put everything Online and cancel live auctions. First we need to cancel everything for this weekend and then see what the next step is. Please give me an hour to come back to the boards. Must go downstairs now. Thanks all. Everyone has been GREAT through all of this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Happenstance

Post by Happenstance » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Greg and Tom,

I don't envy your situation. But as always, you've handled it with grace and wisdom. Thanks for your leadership.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks to Greg, Tom and Darik. I know this has to have been an incredible ordeal for you guys. In the end, this was the only decision that made sense.

I wouldn’t rule out a mini-NFBC weekend in Vegas (or Iola :lol: ) once all of the craziness is behind us. Maybe you won’t get 200 people, but I could see 40-50 diehards (or more) showing up. Just not now.

Thanks again.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Vegas sometime in April? IN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 pm
Thanks to Greg, Tom and Darik. I know this has to have been an incredible ordeal for you guys. In the end, this was the only decision that made sense.

I wouldn’t rule out a mini-NFBC weekend in Vegas (or Iola :lol: ) once all of the craziness is behind us. Maybe you won’t get 200 people, but I could see 40-50 diehards (or more) showing up. Just not now.

Thanks again.
I could see Vegas once we have firm dates. I DO NOT see NFBC Iola!!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:52 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:47 pm
Vegas sometime in April? IN
I am talking to Park MGM about that possibility. I just wish MLB would get real with a legitimate possible starting date. What they announced today is total bullshit and wreaks of GREED. They want to lose as few regular season games as possible rather than keep everyone safe and get through this. Why not just say May 1st and we can all plan accordingly?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:16 pm

I gave my boss a heads up I may need to make a very short notice trip to Vegas.

If it’s online, it’s online. My positions on the matter won’t sway anyone or anything. Just gonna strap on my Depends and go back to binge watching the 2016 season

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:22 pm

What is the absolute latest date we can have a season-long contest? What if this lasts until June or July?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:53 pm

mdecav wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:22 pm
What is the absolute latest date we can have a season-long contest? What if this lasts until June or July?
Mike, it makes no sense to get into hypotheticals right now. The situation changes hourly. Let’s see what happens and let’s all pray someone in leadership takes charge to solve this.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Getting thru flu season (mid-april?) in combination with massive lock downs as seem to be in process will quicken getting virus under control.

Anyone untested would know within 2 weeks, plus another couple weeks after that for new infections without much travel and broad availability of testing by then could bring things under control. I would think May time-frame could be doable for starting to return to normalcy. Even if its playing games with restricted attendance for several weeks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Park MGM has space in April and May. Just sayin’!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:39 pm

For the leagues that were set, for example the Saturday online main event, will the owners and KDS stay the same assuming the season does continue or will there be some mass reshuffling of leagues?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:39 pm
For the leagues that were set, for example the Saturday online main event, will the owners and KDS stay the same assuming the season does continue or will there be some mass reshuffling of leagues?
Everything will be reshuffled. We have no idea who can make what dates because we don’t even know what the upcoming dates are!!!

But yes everyone will be TBD and it will be a massive chore to fit everyone into available leagues. But we will deal with that when we know more.

Now if you don’t mind I would like to continue drinking in an abandoned Manhattan bar!!! Thank you.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 pm
Now if you don’t mind I would like to continue drinking in an abandoned Manhattan bar!!! Thank you.
A core group of us NFBC fanatics were suppose to be there with you right now. I wish we were there.

Thank you very much for everything you, Tom and Darik pulled off in the last 24 hours. Can’t even imagine the stress all of this created on you guys. Even though we occasionally have our differences, you guys have always been first class.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Gekko wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
A core group of us NFBC fanatics were suppose to be there with you right now. I wish we were there.

Thank you very much for everything you, Tom and Darik pulled off in the last 24 hours. Can’t even imagine the stress all of this created on you guys. Even though we occasionally have our differences, you guys have always been first class.
I would just like to say that we are dealing with the stress at Mustang Harry’s or Maverick Harry’s or whatever the hell its called. :lol:

The differences I have with any of our customers is never personal. It’s always what is best for the NFBC and the future of our games. We see it from different angles and until you are in my shoes you won’t see how it affects our business or our future. You and MTM and others are concentrated on the now and how it affects you personally. I’m always thinking long term and the future. And I won’t do anything short term that helps the customers but hurts us long term. Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Gekko wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

I wish we where all there drinking and getting ready to DRAFT. And everything was back to normal ,drunk and late night in the city. Hopefully next year we will make up for this nightmare.