Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Gates
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gates » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Maybe just maybe these new baseball related éclosions will finally bring back the Owners & Players on a human level.
Not necessarily good for us long season players but still.
Go ahead, make my day...

User avatar
Gekko
Posts: 5895
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 pm

MLB just informed PA there will not be more than 60 regular season games

User avatar
Wolfpac
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm

I’m seeing these debates and I agree with the idea that we don’t know whose going to get TJ and we don’t know whose not going to play so there was no advantage. The only fair argument I see is people didn’t sign up for 60 game season, ok so whatever let’s say that’s the case then those same people requesting refunds I’m assuming are not going to play in any contests next month?? Otherwise it just sounds like people who are unhappy with their drafts.

User avatar
Gekko
Posts: 5895
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm
I’m seeing these debates and I agree with the idea that we don’t know whose going to get TJ and we don’t know whose not going to play so there was no advantage. The only fair argument I see is people didn’t sign up for 60 game season, ok so whatever let’s say that’s the case then those same people requesting refunds I’m assuming are not going to play in any contests next month?? Otherwise it just sounds like people who are unhappy with their drafts.
So you are saying people in favor of letting drafts stand “must have good teams” and people in favor of refunds “must have bad teams”. LOL!!!!

I don’t even know who are on the teams I drafted 4 months ago. I haven’t even looked at them, other than knowing I have rich hill (ie deGrom) on all of them

User avatar
KJ Duke
Posts: 6521
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm
Wolfpac wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm
I’m seeing these debates and I agree with the idea that we don’t know whose going to get TJ and we don’t know whose not going to play so there was no advantage. The only fair argument I see is people didn’t sign up for 60 game season, ok so whatever let’s say that’s the case then those same people requesting refunds I’m assuming are not going to play in any contests next month?? Otherwise it just sounds like people who are unhappy with their drafts.
So you are saying people in favor of letting drafts stand “must have good teams” and people in favor of refunds “must have bad teams”. LOL!!!!

I don’t even know who are on the teams I drafted 4 months ago. I haven’t even looked at them, other than knowing I have rich hill (ie deGrom) on all of them
Human nature suggests self interest prevails. So, yes in most cases.

Gb2715
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm
Wolfpac wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm
I’m seeing these debates and I agree with the idea that we don’t know whose going to get TJ and we don’t know whose not going to play so there was no advantage. The only fair argument I see is people didn’t sign up for 60 game season, ok so whatever let’s say that’s the case then those same people requesting refunds I’m assuming are not going to play in any contests next month?? Otherwise it just sounds like people who are unhappy with their drafts.
So you are saying people in favor of letting drafts stand “must have good teams” and people in favor of refunds “must have bad teams”. LOL!!!!

I don’t even know who are on the teams I drafted 4 months ago. I haven’t even looked at them, other than knowing I have rich hill (ie deGrom) on all of them
Exactly it has nothing to do with the hundreds of teams we have. It’s a 60 game season with completely different rules.

Philippe27
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm

I signed up for 2 $1000 DC's knowing that over a 162 games season I have an edge over my competitors. For a 60 games season that edge is cut in more than half. Add to that the NL DH which completely changes the value of all pitchers considerably and all hitters to a lesser degree.

I have no problem drafting Main Event teams for a 60 games season but my rankings now look nothing like they did back in late February and those leagues are basically a coin flip now.

Steel Lugnuts
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm
I’m seeing these debates and I agree with the idea that we don’t know whose going to get TJ and we don’t know whose not going to play so there was no advantage. The only fair argument I see is people didn’t sign up for 60 game season, ok so whatever let’s say that’s the case then those same people requesting refunds I’m assuming are not going to play in any contests next month?? Otherwise it just sounds like people who are unhappy with their drafts.
I'm not out there shouting for a refund, but if I know what players are sitting because their immune system is compromised or they just don't want to risk it, and the player pool is adjusted, then yes, I might be willing to take some of the refunded money and join a league. But probably only one, need a reason to watch (or don't join any and f the MLB), even though many players may be quarantined and my team screwed...but I can live with that for one team, not multiple.

Like someone mentioned earlier, who the hell remembers what teams they drafted and if they are good or bad! lol That's just a dumb statement.

Southern Comfort
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Southern Comfort » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:44 pm

It's weird that so many veteran fantasy baseball players have a hard time grasping the concept that some draft strategies, through no fault of the owner at time of draft, are going to translate more or less effectively from a 162 to 60 game schedule change than others, giving advantages/disadvantages that were not factored in at the time of that particular draft.

I've seen titles won with the ace strategy and titles won with strong bats and a collection of injury prone, half-season type pitchers. It's a fair hypothesis to state that batting positions outside of catcher (maybe 450-500 for a good one huh) are going to experience less grouped variation from a 162 game season to a 60 game season......That is to say all starting bats are going to give you 575-650 abs or so in a 162 (subject to spot in batting lineup, not neccessarily position played anymore just ask leadoff man Rizzo), and lets says 200-250 in a 60 game. There is no openers or middle relief roles for bats, if a guy is not starting he is not in your life its simple.

So with that being said. Lets look back at the owners who went strong bats and got a bunch of pitchers who were not going to give them more than 120 innings anyway, even in a 162 game season (again valid strategy), like there are literally guys who we all know were going to give you half a season from the jump, which is why that pitcher's owner got a discount from him

For this exercise lets go with the prototype "no more than 100 innings" guys Ross Stripling, using his 2019 numbers and 2020 yahoo auction value

Ross Stripling=90 innings 93 strikeouts $1 value ( and fyi he will usually get all that in 2-3 months lol, so basically his projections may not change as much over a 60 game schedule.

Now lets look at a stud who will most definitely be massively impacted, and go Jacob Degrom 2019 Cy Young campaign

Jacob Degrom=204 innings 255 strikeouts $41 value

Now take Degrom's numbers and reduce by 60% to get a general projection of what he would look like over a 60 game schedule

(60 game) Jacob Degrom 81 innings 102 strikeouts STILL $41 FREAKUM DOLLAH VALUE PREPAID!!!!!

So as I understand it, some of you truly believe that the owners who went after aces like degrom, in the execution of a proven draft strategy based off a 162 game schedule are generally inferior to the owners who did not invest as much in their arms and, therefore, will feel the negative effects of a 60-game schedule less?

Southern Comfort
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Southern Comfort » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:00 pm

And whoever mentioned the TJ comparison...That's a completely baseless argument; every fantasy baseball owner EVER ABSOLUTELY FACTORS INJURY RISK, and makes a decision accordingly. If you wanna play russian roulette with Masahiro Tanaka's elbow ligament that's been holding on to bone like CPT 'Merica held on to that helicopter in civil war, than by all means do so. Either you live to fight another season or that year is the "year" either way failing to properly assess injury concerns is a far cry from failing to properly account for catastrophic-civilization-devastating-human-hundreds-of-thousands-dead-pandemic

User avatar
KJ Duke
Posts: 6521
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:00 am

Southern Comfort wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:00 pm
And whoever mentioned the TJ comparison...That's a completely baseless argument; every fantasy baseball owner EVER ABSOLUTELY FACTORS INJURY RISK, and makes a decision accordingly. If you wanna play russian roulette with Masahiro Tanaka's elbow ligament that's been holding on to bone like CPT 'Merica held on to that helicopter in civil war, than by all means do so. Either you live to fight another season or that year is the "year" either way failing to properly assess injury concerns is a far cry from failing to properly account for catastrophic-civilization-devastating-human-hundreds-of-thousands-dead-pandemic
Factoring injury risk is not the same as avoiding/predicting injury risk. Your analogy dis-proves your point. Tanaka is pitching. Severino and Syndergaard are not. Which of those 3 were the biggest risk in your own words? Knowing someone is at risk and predicting the actual season they go down is long odds. Some will happen with no red flags.

Add in countless other unpredictable risks. Star hitter busts hand on HBP. Runner slides into bag breaks ankle. Wife breaks your rib giving massage. Tripped over luggage and tore ACL. Tore ACL covering first base. Pitcher hit in head with line drive. Slipped on wet grass and ripped groin. Closer is a pedophile. How, exactly, are you accounting for these? No different than the pandemic when you were drafting in January.

There will 3 winners and 12 losers in each 15-teamer regardless of #games. If you drafted players that perform better than those you passed on, if you FAAB well, make good lineup decisions, and have some good fortune you'll be in it just like you would over 162. It's a shorter season. Focus and adjust.

The excuses people are making for losing before the season even begins is tiring. Suck it up and enjoy the competition, if there is any.

-whoever

Gildz Nation
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gildz Nation » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:18 am

Hey Greg. Just posted this on twitter thread. Have an idea that I think would work for all involved...

Refund 1/2 entry fees back to owners in OC/DC/Cutlines and cut the guaranteed prize $ in 1/2 as well. Then you can also open up new contests if/when season begins. This will help you guys keep these contests going and recoup some of the lost $. End of the day, majority of owners don’t feel comfortable at the $350 price point for a 50-game season. $175 is a lot more palatable. And a $100k grand prize is still sweet enough to shoot for. Why can’t you guys entertain something like this? I think it makes the most people happy given these circumstances. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thx
-Gildz

Steel Lugnuts
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:49 am

"Add in countless other unpredictable risks. Star hitter busts hand on HBP. Runner slides into bag breaks ankle. Wife breaks your rib giving massage. Tripped over luggage and tore ACL. Tore ACL covering first base. Pitcher hit in head with line drive. Slipped on wet grass and ripped groin. Closer is a pedophile."

If all this happens to my team over a 2-week period, I'll quit fantasy baseball. lol

Now ya'll know why I didn't respond to KJ from my original post. :)

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12851
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am

In my heart of hearts, this is a disagreement leading to nowhere.
Although there were signs of hope in contract discussions, I've told friends that I don't think there will be a season.
There are just too many factors pointing this way.
The owners have been stalling to get less games,while the Union were looked on as the good guys.
But when the Union countered a fair offer of 60 games at full pro rata (after saying they would no longer counter) with 70 games over a 72 day span, it sent a clear signal to me that neither side wants baseball like we want baseball.
Now with the closing of training camps and cases elsewhere, the writing really seems to be on the wall.
Greg will make his decision when its time.
It looked like it was going to be a very tough decision.
But every day being met with bleaker and bleaker news, the decision is really being made for him.
Just be patient fellas and let the pieces fall where they may.
In the end, season or not, Greg will do the right thing, which is a lot more than I can say for the folks who run baseball.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 36455
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:57 am

Full disclosure: I am on vacation in the remote northwoods of Wisconsin as I spend a week with my family before all of my kids are grown up and gone from the house. The weather has been just perfect for four straight days -- pretty much a record for Wisconsin -- and all we did was sit in tubes, fish, eat and drink (well, me). I'm going to admit, pulling the plug on my computer/phone was liberating and stress-free. If this is what retirement feels like, SIGN ME UP!!! :D

Full disclosure: I did follow the baseball labor fiasco throughout the week on Twitter and continued to be amazed at how far the owners were pushing this. I also was amazed at how many national beat writers were willing to carry the owners' pitiful message to the masses without fact checking any of it. For a group of owners that invested in a business that made money every year for decades and whose team values have gone up much, much higher than player salaries over the last two decades, I was amazed at how inflexible they were to possibly losing a few million dollars this year. I mean, I get it, there are no fans in the stands and no revenue there, but they stuck to the 50-game figure because someone told them that was the break-even point this year and they weren't going off that number for anything.

But I still held out hope that we'd have some semblance of an agreement when the owners agreed to 60 games with expanded playoffs for two years (thus making back some of those losses). Of course the players would counter and I even thought their 70 game offer was too low. They agreed to the expanded playoffs, so the obvious next move was 65-66 games and PLAY BALL!!! The difference between 60 and 65 games might have been $125-$150 million to the owners, all of which would have been made back over two years with expanded playoffs. So a no brainer, right?

NOPE. Instead, the owners wanted the upper hand for the next CBA and DEMANDED a 50- or 60-game season is the way you bully your employees. It's insane and frustrating. I'd be shocked if all of the players return for this and now I really wonder if coronavirus will even allow a season to begin and be completed. Yesterday proved that every team will struggle to host training camp and keep everyone safe and free of coronavirus.

I don't see a good resolution for the NFBC in this scenario, now or for the foreseeable future. I obviously know what the next move is, but let's see if a miracle happens before I leave the northwoods. Let's see if the owners really want to implode this $10 billion a year industry before announcing our next move. Could we really create new national contests? Is next off-season dead on arrival already or will there be a 2021 MLB/NFBC final season? Is there any chance a new CBA gets done after the 2021 season without killing all of the 2022 off-season of drafts? Everything is so unknown right now, but one thing is for certain: 2020 could be a death knell for a lot of businesses associated with baseball. And maybe for baseball itself.

After working in this industry for 31 years and starting with baseball -- God I loved Fantasy Baseball Magazine like my child -- it pains me to see what is happening. It pains me to know so many industry friends who are being affected by this. It pains me to know that we have eight months of expenses, eight months of time and effort, and eight months of potentially little revenue. And it pains me to know how much time, effort and money all of you put into this season too, with nothing but frustration to show for it.

MLB owners have NO FUCKING IDEA how passionate their fans really are for the sport. It soothes us, it inspires us, it motivates us to know more about the game and its players. We put baseball over family at times because we love our favorite teams, players and fantasy teams. We breathe baseball 24/7 during the season and sometimes even during the off-season. We are an older fan base with deep ties, but recently in the NFBC I've seen younger players joining our contests and they are becoming as devoted as some of our Charter Members. I see encouragement there.

But the owners have killed all of that encouragement. I'm as down as a snake's belly right now. Yes, we'll officially announce our next move soon and we'll try to salvage some part of this season. But this is BAD. This is REALLY BAD. It's appropriate that it's supposed to rain continuously the next two days to close out this vacation. Nothing can ever be perfect, not baseball and not even vacations. Thanks all for everything.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 36455
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:09 am

Gildz Nation wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:18 am
Hey Greg. Just posted this on twitter thread. Have an idea that I think would work for all involved...

Refund 1/2 entry fees back to owners in OC/DC/Cutlines and cut the guaranteed prize $ in 1/2 as well. Then you can also open up new contests if/when season begins. This will help you guys keep these contests going and recoup some of the lost $. End of the day, majority of owners don’t feel comfortable at the $350 price point for a 50-game season. $175 is a lot more palatable. And a $100k grand prize is still sweet enough to shoot for. Why can’t you guys entertain something like this? I think it makes the most people happy given these circumstances. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thx
-Gildz
I appreciate the gesture and the suggestion, but one thing I know for sure is that we are at a point where everyone has strong opinions on what we should do with their money/teams right now. I knew we were in a no-win situation all week long and anything below half a season would result in strong feelings ABOUT US and ABOUT OUR DECISION. It didn't matter that MLB was screwing all of us, it would be the NFBC that made a decision that likely half the people didn't agree with it.

Even this reasonable suggestion would likely result in that same scenario. And again, for me, the key is seeing how many players refuse the owners' demand to return for a short season. If Mike Trout refuses to play because his wife is pregnant and at risk, that makes every already drafted league unfair right away. If they all bought into the new format and we had 70 or so games, I could see a viable reason to go forward (again, with half the community probably disagreeing with me).

We have always made decisions that were fair to the players and I don't see that changing today. Unfortunately, being fair to the players means it's incredibly damaging to our business, one we've spent 17 years carefully building. But what can you do? MLB doesn't care about the NFBC, they don't care about every side business associated with the game, they don't care about their employees, they don't care about their fans. This is AMERICAN GREED at its worst, and unfortunately, a reflection of our American society. What a shame.

Thanks again. It would be a helpful solution, but not completely fair to the players. We'll get a game plan going right after I drink this case of Corona (stay true Greg, stay true) and MLB owners tell us what their fake mandated season is going to be. Stay well everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 36455
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am
In my heart of hearts, this is a disagreement leading to nowhere.
Although there were signs of hope in contract discussions, I've told friends that I don't think there will be a season.
There are just too many factors pointing this way.
The owners have been stalling to get less games,while the Union were looked on as the good guys.
But when the Union countered a fair offer of 60 games at full pro rata (after saying they would no longer counter) with 70 games over a 72 day span, it sent a clear signal to me that neither side wants baseball like we want baseball.
Now with the closing of training camps and cases elsewhere, the writing really seems to be on the wall.
Greg will make his decision when its time.
It looked like it was going to be a very tough decision.
But every day being met with bleaker and bleaker news, the decision is really being made for him.
Just be patient fellas and let the pieces fall where they may.
In the end, season or not, Greg will do the right thing, which is a lot more than I can say for the folks who run baseball.
I agree with your assessment Dan. I am so mad at Manfred and the owners because they just overplayed their hand so badly and showed how little they care for the game or even the history of the game. They could have helped the country by possibly starting on July 4th and playing a half season, something we would have understood as the best in a bad situation.

I applaud the players for pushing to play despite coronavirus. They offered a 114-game season and didn't just fold when Manfred flew to Phoenix and made his "final offer" of 60 games. The owners stuck on 33% of pay in all four proposals and this last one would have paid players 37% of their salary. Wow, what a final offer. They couldn't even eat $250 million for 10 more games, even though they knew expanded playoffs (which again fans don't want) would make most of that money back.

The incredible thing is that all TV contracts end after 2021 and even though Turner Sports just paid $1 billion to the owners for rights from 2022-2028, other TV contracts are still up. How does this impasse help with those negotiations? How does any of this help with corporate sponsorships or additional revenue. How does any of this get us to a new labor deal after 2021 or even avoid a strike in August of 2021 (like we saw in 1994)?

It's beyond short-sighted. You obviously have a commissioner who has ingrained a "win at all costs" mentality that the owners want. I get it, these are tough times and it's very possible the season never would have finished because of coronavirus, but c'mon. The owners seemed to relish in the message they were sending to Jon Heyman and Buster Olney and Ken Rosenthal every day because every single leak came from management. This became their game to win. Unreal.

And yet the owners have been winning this battle and they don't even realize it. MLB revenue has risen from $2.6 billion in 1995 to $10.6 billion in 2019. Team values are now worth $50 billion and have gone up 10x since then. Disney just bought a majority interest in Major League Baseball Advanced Media for $1 billion, which only the owners shared in ($30+ million to each owner). MLB Advanced Media was started from scratch by the owners -- give them credit -- but is already worth over $2 billion which they are selling and profiting from.

So the question begs: When is too much enough? I get there was money to lose this year to save the season, but c'mon? Is cash flow really that bad for some of these teams (I know the answer to that question)? And if so, then why not sell for a profit and bring in new owners? Or better yet, let's not have owners in the game who don't love the game and reinvest in the game. Is that possible?

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm not stress-free anymore on this vacation!!! :lol: It's just so damn frustrating because it all didn't have to end this way.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 36455
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:32 am

From Jon Heyman: "MLB sought to start extra innings with a runner on 2nd in 2020-21 and union agreed in their counter document to do it, but for 2020 only. Union also proposed discussing ending 2020 extra inning games in a tie after an agreed-upon inning and relaxing substitution rule in extras."

Is Manfred trying to change our National Pastime forever? C'mon, let's get real here.

How do we figure in ties? Is there a pitcher of record in ties? Do we need a new category for ties? Is a tie 1 point like in the NHL, a half-point or just a wasted day of action? Do stats count in a tie?

Oh my. Does the guy at second base in extra innings get an at-bat, a stolen base? Does it help his on-base percentage since he is on base?? Does a reserve player with good speed move up your Draft Boards because of the chance to be that designated runner on second base who can get you Runs? Or will MLB just implement a Ghost Runner like we did on the playground when we didn't have enough kids to field full teams?

My head is exploding with this one!! :oops: Sorry again. I feel like I need to apologize for being involved with baseball today.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dat Bum
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Dat Bum » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Greg and Tom,

I'm going to keep this simple. A tough decision lies ahead. Make the decision based on whatever allows the NFBC to continue being a big part of our lives. That's the most important factor in the decision. It's easy to get shortsighted, but we can probably all agree the overall long term health and status of the NFBC is most important. You've been loyal to us. We are loyal to you.

To the rest of us; let's rally behind this great American business and do what others (including MLB) have not been willing to do during this COVID madness.

User avatar
Wolfpac
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Dat Bum wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Greg and Tom,

I'm going to keep this simple. A tough decision lies ahead. Make the decision based on whatever allows the NFBC to continue being a big part of our lives. That's the most important factor in the decision. It's easy to get shortsighted, but we can probably all agree the overall long term health and status of the NFBC is most important. You've been loyal to us. We are loyal to you.

To the rest of us; let's rally behind this great American business and do what others (including MLB) have not been willing to do during this COVID madness.
You summed up my sentiments exactly with a much better approach! Well said.

Gates
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gates » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Dat Bum wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Greg and Tom,

I'm going to keep this simple. A tough decision lies ahead. Make the decision based on whatever allows the NFBC to continue being a big part of our lives. That's the most important factor in the decision. It's easy to get shortsighted, but we can probably all agree the overall long term health and status of the NFBC is most important. You've been loyal to us. We are loyal to you.

To the rest of us; let's rally behind this great American business and do what others (including MLB) have not been willing to do during this COVID madness.
+100
Very well said.
Go ahead, make my day...

COZ
Posts: 655
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by COZ » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm
I signed up for 2 $1000 DC's knowing that over a 162 games season I have an edge over my competitors. For a 60 games season that edge is cut in more than half. Add to that the NL DH which completely changes the value of all pitchers considerably and all hitters to a lesser degree.

I have no problem drafting Main Event teams for a 60 games season but my rankings now look nothing like they did back in late February and those leagues are basically a coin flip now.
Advantage over your opponents? Please. I was in one of those drafts with you & your team stinks; not sure from where the arrogance comes, but you may want to check yourself, pal. I do however agree with you that the $1000k DC leagues should be cancelled but I'm fine rolling with my team either way, especially the league with you.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Philippe27
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 am

COZ wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 pm
Philippe27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm
I signed up for 2 $1000 DC's knowing that over a 162 games season I have an edge over my competitors. For a 60 games season that edge is cut in more than half. Add to that the NL DH which completely changes the value of all pitchers considerably and all hitters to a lesser degree.

I have no problem drafting Main Event teams for a 60 games season but my rankings now look nothing like they did back in late February and those leagues are basically a coin flip now.
Advantage over your opponents? Please. I was in one of those drafts with you & your team stinks; not sure from where the arrogance comes, but you may want to check yourself, pal. I do however agree with you that the $1000k DC leagues should be cancelled but I'm fine rolling with my team either way, especially the league with you.
So you think everyone who signs up for $1000 DC's think they have a 6.7% chance to win? Just insulting my team for no reason whatsoever shows that you think you have at least a 7.1% chance to win so that's called an edge pal.

We all draft based on our own rankings or projections so everyone in that league thought they had the best team when the draft ended. If you didn't then there's a problem

Cotton1
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Cotton1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 am

Greg,

If we have to scrap(gulp) the season and this would ostensibly damage(end?) the NFBC, can we not compromise and somehow split the baby? I for one would be ok with a refund for all my leagues minus your margin, we all get back 70-80%(whatever the number is) and you can live to play another day....
I am willing to do that for the love of this game(the contest)
To gain a complete refund and lose the future isn’t a good trade. I bet a lot of guys would make that compromise
Can’t believe we are here
Maybe the owners/players can read this thread and learn something
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

User avatar
Gekko
Posts: 5895
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gekko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 am

Cotton1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 am
To gain a complete refund and lose the future isn’t a good trade.
https://twitter.com/gekkoindustries ... 78?s=21

Post Reply