Gekko

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gekko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 am

Southern Comfort wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:13 am
Reads last couple comments

Lol........Mmmmmmkayyyyyyyy

Anyways

Guess this should be on an NFFC thread, but seeing how us baseball nerds are migratory birds to NFL in late summer/early fall. I'm seeing leagues being drafted and am wondering if any covid-19 disclaimers have been added, IE owners agree that if a minimum 50% games are played this year leagues will be locked and final. or something or the nature. Points leagues are easier but for H2H leagues perhaps stating, if end of regular season aka fantasy playoffs are canceled owners agree to convert payouts to top 3 regular season teams (that's an even better incentive than a bye week lol)

Clear cut no more issues and confusion, I like to draft early (hence my 6 NFBC DC leagues, all drafted pre-covid19, that are currently in purgatory) putting that notice in place, say perhaps right before an owner purchases his team, will eliminate all future issues and debate.

Set that up, resolve existing issue with previously drafted leagues, and between baseball and football we can ROCK the next 4-5 weeks before new OD.
From Rules on NFFC site: The NFFC guarantees prize payouts if the NFL plays all of its scheduled games through Week 8 (all games that week). Should the NFL regular season be shut down for any reason before the completion of Week 8 and not resume after that, the NFFC will refund all entry fees and no prizes will be awarded. Should the NFL season shut down after Week 8 and before the end of Week 16 without resuming, the NFFC will pay out prizes in full based on standings at that time in each league and within the overall standings. Owners would be paid in full based on the overall standings at that time and league standings would determine payouts in each league at that time. Total Points would determine the league champion in leagues that require playoffs between points leaders and head-to-head leaders. Final standings determine the prize winners at the time of the NFL's shutdown if beyond Week 8 and play doesn't resume.

anpyanks

Post by anpyanks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:16 am

Coz,

Any chance we can keep NFBC forums well baseball forums? No one cares about your political opinions or opinion on COVID. We all want to know when fantasy baseball is starting and how it’s going to be run.

thepats

Post by thepats » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 am

anpyanks wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:16 am
Coz,

Any chance we can keep NFBC forums well baseball forums? No one cares about your political opinions or opinion on COVID. We all want to know when fantasy baseball is starting and how it’s going to be run.
In the past, I only glanced at his posts and assumed they were satire. If not satire, the only plausible explanation is "batshit crazy."

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:58 am

Geez Heyman is such a SHILL for the owners it’s so gross.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:36 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:58 am
Geez Heyman is such a SHILL for the owners it’s so gross.
:shock: WOW!!! I just read his tweets and you are right. It's like Manfred is writing those tweets. Union is giving up $50+ million in salaries this year with the option to file a billion dollar grievance. Get a clue Jon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 pm

thepats wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 am
anpyanks wrote:
Coz,

In the past, I only glanced at his posts and assumed they were satire. If not satire, the only plausible explanation is "batshit crazy."
While I typically agree with "anpyanks" sentiment about "politics" on these Message Boards, the fact is that the NFBC & all of the sports world have been directly impacted by Corona & it is almost impossible not to discuss Corona as it directly impacts baseball & the negotiations as well as the broader picture of everything going on in our country. We have gone from Impeachment to Pandemic to Depression-era-level-unemployment to Race Riots/Protests back to 2nd wave of Corona to establishing no-go-zones in cities to tearing down statues & monuments & obliteration of our freedom all in 6 months & what,you want to discuss Mookie Betts' projections for Dodger Stadium? Please. I find all the huffing-puffing & wasted discussion on these boards about the "reports" of the negotiations & the "greedy" owners to be satirical & "bat-shit" crazy myself, most especially when, as I predicted, just yesterday they announced implementing the agreement reached from March with only the numbers of games to be determined by the Commissioner. And, as of yet, ZERO mention about safety protocols or fans, and why do you suppose that may be? And you think this is divorced from the currents events in the country? And that Trump met withl all the Commissioners of all sports months ago & probably briefed them on things? And divorced from the fact that we are at "war" with an "invisible enemy" & our military on full alert? The only thing "batshit crazy" is your lack of critical thought as to making sense of the big picture and as it relates to the negotiations & the future of baseball this season. There is a lot going on underneath the media narratives if you ever want to pull your head out of the sand & use your brain. Until then, simply ignore my posts & live in your bubble, it's rather quite simple. Nobody is forcing you to read nor respond to my posts, it's just one man's interpretation as to the broader picture of current events taking place in so far as it relates to MLB & the NFBC. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:07 pm

You can't have NFBC message boards without conspiracy theories. That would be like lemonade without water.

anpyanks

Post by anpyanks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:16 pm

COZ wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 pm
thepats wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 am
anpyanks wrote:
Coz,

what,you want to discuss Mookie Betts' projections for Dodger Stadium? Please.

Bingo!!!! This is exactly what I want to discuss on a NFBC forum. The rest I can easily click the twitter app and see any and all opinions, conspiracy theories, etc. until I'm blue in the face. I knew sooner or later you would have a post that made sense. Thanks

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:07 pm
You can't have NFBC message boards without conspiracy theories. That would be like lemonade without water.
L.A. Beast says no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FfHSUVBIdw

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:35 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm
KJ Duke wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:07 pm
L.A. Beast says no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FfHSUVBIdw
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 74404 times

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm
croakerkane wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:33 pm
And, with all due respect, if Trout or Snell or any other top of the line guys choose not to play, so what? We're in a different world for this season, and we need to adapt accordingly. Adjust your lineups. Use the FAAB. We all agree that no draft is won in the first round. Otherwise it's not a game of skill. You planned for a 162 game season and that gave you an advantage in your DC league? And now that advantage is gone? What are you talking about? We all drafted for a 162 game season. Despite the problems right now, we're still on the same playing field. I had Matt Olson on almost every team last year, and he broke his hand playing a completely unnecessary game in Japan to kick off my season. Oh well. Should I have cried foul? No. What I did was pick up the pieces and ended up winning money anyway, and probably would have won more if I didn't drop Olson from my online championship team (in my defense, a broken hamate bone almost always leads to a sap in power). The reality is that we probably will have a coronavirus disabled list this year. It'll be 14 days. It's an added factor that could affect your team, but no different than a broken hand on day one in a game that really shouldn't have been being played anyway. Pull up your man panties and play out a 50 game season if that's what is necessary, and keep the NFBC strong for next year. The only time refunds should be given is if there is no season at all, or if they start, and then have to stop due to the coronavirus. Period. I'll gladly take my prize money with an asterisk. Let's stop talking about how bad baseball players and management sucks when it comes to negotiating, cause they've always sucked at that, and let's start talking about how we're going to run this fantasy season. If your team sucks in 50 games, it's gonna suck in 162 games. Man up, even though the players aren't! Man up!!
Lol I don't even know where to start but this has nothing to do with maning up, it's basic math.
Speechless, eh? Just kidding. For what it's worth, my school's Math teacher, who is also playing a DC team, agrees with me. Although, he doesn't do too well traditionally. Maybe this is his year? Lol.

Anyways, I probably should have been more succinct in my post. All I meant by manning up was that we're all in the same boat this year. It's one that we all hope we're never in again, but here we are. Best of luck to you in the shortened season!

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:38 pm

croakerkane wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm
Philippe27 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm
croakerkane wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:33 pm
And, with all due respect, if Trout or Snell or any other top of the line guys choose not to play, so what? We're in a different world for this season, and we need to adapt accordingly. Adjust your lineups. Use the FAAB. We all agree that no draft is won in the first round. Otherwise it's not a game of skill. You planned for a 162 game season and that gave you an advantage in your DC league? And now that advantage is gone? What are you talking about? We all drafted for a 162 game season. Despite the problems right now, we're still on the same playing field. I had Matt Olson on almost every team last year, and he broke his hand playing a completely unnecessary game in Japan to kick off my season. Oh well. Should I have cried foul? No. What I did was pick up the pieces and ended up winning money anyway, and probably would have won more if I didn't drop Olson from my online championship team (in my defense, a broken hamate bone almost always leads to a sap in power). The reality is that we probably will have a coronavirus disabled list this year. It'll be 14 days. It's an added factor that could affect your team, but no different than a broken hand on day one in a game that really shouldn't have been being played anyway. Pull up your man panties and play out a 50 game season if that's what is necessary, and keep the NFBC strong for next year. The only time refunds should be given is if there is no season at all, or if they start, and then have to stop due to the coronavirus. Period. I'll gladly take my prize money with an asterisk. Let's stop talking about how bad baseball players and management sucks when it comes to negotiating, cause they've always sucked at that, and let's start talking about how we're going to run this fantasy season. If your team sucks in 50 games, it's gonna suck in 162 games. Man up, even though the players aren't! Man up!!
Lol I don't even know where to start but this has nothing to do with maning up, it's basic math.
Speechless, eh? Just kidding. For what it's worth, my school's Math teacher, who is also playing a DC team, agrees with me. Although, he doesn't do too well traditionally. Maybe this is his year? Lol.

Anyways, I probably should have been more succinct in my post. All I meant by manning up was that we're all in the same boat this year. It's one that we all hope we're never in again, but here we are. Best of luck to you in the shortened season!
Honestly my biggest concern was the NL DH, not the 60 games. Even if we all had the same information, some teams drafted a bunch of AL pitchers and others a bunch of NL pitchers, their values changed quite a bit and that's 100% luck which I don't like. I think I have a team where 10 of my first 13 pitchers are in the NL but that's fine I didn't complain, I'll deal with it. I think I may have found a strategy for that league though, we'll see what happens.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm

To be fair, National League teams are like us.
When building their teams early in the season, they had no clue we'd be playing with a DH.
In that way, we're truly all in the same boat. :D
By the same token, it may help NL pitchers in other ways.
They will not be pulled for a pinch hitter when throwing well in a tight game.
There are plusses and minuses in almost every scenario.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm
When building their teams early in the season, they had no clue we'd be playing with a DH.
Yes. The universal DH would seem to be an advantage in rostering NL pitchers.....

Until they go that extra inning and get blown up....

Unfortunately, there is some luck involved. We all wish there wasn't (or maybe we do.... makes things awful interesting), but it is a game of skill, and we always have to maintain that.

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:31 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm
The only real plus in this scenario is that people won't adjust properly and I'll win the Main Event :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Now that the ME machine has started rolling, will you be announcing any other contests for the 60-game season?

Perhaps an OC at a new, attractive price?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Now that the ME machine has started rolling, will you be announcing any other contests for the 60-game season?

Perhaps an OC at a new, attractive price?
Yes, new Rotowire Online Championship at $250 per team. Announcing tentative details soon.

A new Best Ball private league format to go along with the current Double Ups. Details soon. I think some people would like some skin in the game even if they don't like the 60-game sprint with a private league Best Ball contest.

We'll also have Main Event and Rotowire Qualifying leagues, 12-team and 15-team Satellite Leagues and Online Auction private leagues. We are working rapidly on all of these contests and schedules.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:40 am

Just a heads up that Sunday's postponed game between the Orioles and Nationals that will be finished on Friday will have all stats counting towards Week 3. NFBC Cutline standings are posted today through all games played on Sunday, but the finish of that game on Friday will have those stats counting toward last week's totals.

So the Cutline standings could change on Friday. Stephen Strasburg's stats are final through Sunday and any Win or Save will count as if it happened on Sunday. Just an FYI for anyone setting their lineups this week and thinking those stats would double up this week. They will only count if you had those players in your starting lineups last week. Plan accordingly. Thanks and good luck.

Only in 2020 could the grounds crew screwing up with the tarp lead to a postponement of an MLB game. 2020.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:51 pm

What penalty would Commissioner Ambrosius levy on Alex C*ntron? Before you answer, look at how many times I own mother defending, hero of our times, Ramon Laureano.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:51 pm
What penalty would Commissioner Ambrosius levy on Alex C*ntron? Before you answer, look at how many times I own mother defending, hero of our times, Ramon Laureano.
Well for being a big man with his mouth and then scurrying behind three other players when Laureano came over to fight, I'd first start with a vasectomy. Absolutely the right punishment during Commissioner Ambrosius's reign, and I trust you would agree. :lol:

Thirty lashes after he recovered from surgery and then a week at San Quentin (it may be closed, but that's okay). That would teach the little weasel and prevent other bench coaches from trying to get a top player suspended from a top team.

Not sure that's how Manfred is going to rule, but that's what I'd do!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm
Yah Mule wrote:
Well for being a big man with his mouth and then scurrying behind three other players when Laureano came over to fight, I'd first start with a vasectomy. Absolutely the right punishment during Commissioner Ambrosius's reign, and I trust you would agree. :lol:

Thirty lashes after he recovered from surgery and then a week at San Quentin (it may be closed, but that's okay). That would teach the little weasel and prevent other bench coaches from trying to get a top player suspended from a top team.

I'm phone banking for you the next time that job comes open. :lol:

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:52 pm
Yah Mule wrote:

Wise man, Mr. Ambrosius. The vasectomy...yes. One suggestion...no access to bags of frozen peas after the surgery! Yes...voice of experience...
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer