Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

COZ
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by COZ » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Gekko wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:34 pm
I’m planning on July start date with 81-100 games.

And let’s hope they aren’t waiting for an effective vaccine, as that could be never.
Yeah, if the vaccine is 12-18 months away, then we can't just shut everything down for that long, can we? I think quick testing, the development of anti-bodies and empty stadiums has risk, but seems like the way to go. If we wait for the vaccine, then not only is this baseball season over then so is the NFL season and maybe even next baseball season. And I don't think the owners and players want that.

We need testing to mitigate the spread of the disease to everyone involved in the games and hopefully we get to a point this summer where we can safely get players together for competition. I think baseball has the best chance to come back first and unite the country in a small way. Let's hope it happens.
I vacillate between optimism & pessimism. I am to the point of acceptance that things are not going to return to normal for months not weeks. While a vaccine could change things significantly, the world record for creation is 5 years for Ebola, so barring a miracle, any talk of a vaccine being developed & brought to the marketplace any time soon is a fairytale. I will be surprised if there is baseball this year, let alone before June. Even if it is back at some point, it will not be the same playing in Florida or Arizona with no fans & different leagues & divisions. Jeff Passan reported today it is Arizona or bust in terms of playing this year. Good luck playing outside in the heat of Arizona & possibly Florida in the middle of the summer without fans. I don’t think there will be a baseball season & I think football season is in jeopardy. We are in unchartered territory here with this virus. Even if there is baseball, it will be significantly changed to the point of unrecognizablity so I fall into the pessimist camp but I tend to prepare for the worst & hope for the best. I hope I’m wrong.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

User avatar
Tom Kessenich
Posts: 20003
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:23 pm

NY showing improvement has me feeling some semblance of optimism at the moment. We may need another six weeks of stay at home/quarantine but if we can get that and things continue to improve maybe a July return for MLB and NBA is possible.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Philippe27
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:34 am

The part I struggle with is that even if we wait until June and we're down to say 50 new cases a day, weren't we there like a month ago? Even if we wait until July and we're down to 0 cases, in January we didn't have any cases and it made its way here...

Here in Quebec the government is very transparent and one of the ideas being floated around is to reopen schools, daycares and businesses in about 2 weeks. They'll ask people in retail stores, restaurants, offices etc to stay 2 meters apart as much as possible. They'll also focus on protecting the elderly and most vulnerable.

The idea behind this that we can't stay home forever and the virus won't go away on its own. They think that by using those methods we can live a somewhat normal life locally and get herd immunity without overloading the healthcare system.

It seems to make sense to me and I'm hoping it works out so I can have a relatively normal life here at home. We'll have to learn to live with the virus.

Under those conditions though, I have a hard time believing we'll have any sports with crowds before 2021. Empty MLB Stadiums with all the travelling sounds impossible as well but I do have some hope for the Arizona plan.

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12667
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:03 am

I'm in the same boat as Coz. One day I feel optimistic, the next not so much.
It's great to say and think that baseball is close. It makes us feel good.
Pragmatism doesn't allow for that in my heart of hearts.
The thought that all players, Managers, coaches, trainers, dieticians, chefs, umpires, announcers, cameramen, technicians, the press, the clubbies, the drivers, conciere's, maids, grounds keepers, score keepers, scoreboard operators, replay folks, etc, while going city to city will somehow be in an Arizona bubble with no outside contact seems a little far fetched to me.
Most of those folks have local residences and families that will be involved as well.
But, it provides hope and we hold on to any kind of hope in today's world.

I don't think players will be away from their families for months with this plan.
I believe the plan is just to start out that way, then phase in family, friends, and fans back into their lives.
Asking players to practice baseball is alright...but practicing abstinence? That's where they draw the line!

The Astros had something to do with the virus, right?
The reason why nobody in Houston's system has the virus?..... They saw the signs.
If there are any winners from this virus, it has to be the Astros.
Empty stadiums would be a Godsend for them!
My hope is that if this empty stadium idea does fly, that microphones will be in each dugout and affixed to some players with a 10 second delay to delete language.
It would offer entertainment without the crowd noise that we will miss dearly.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 35239
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Rob Manfred said today that baseball is still in a waiting game, which is accurate:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... to-return/
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 35239
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:59 am

Even Dr. Fauci believes pro sports can return and play a robust season under the right conditions. I love this guy:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29 ... urn-sports
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cotton1
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Cotton1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm

I have a really close friend who is the son of the owner of an mlb team. This friend is pretty active with the team but not in an official capacity. He is telling me the word is right now the Florida-Arizona thing has real legs. I don’t have details but he is pretty confident that that is where this is headed fwiw
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

User avatar
Wolfpac
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 pm

Cotton1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 pm
I have a really close friend who is the son of the owner of an mlb team. This friend is pretty active with the team but not in an official capacity. He is telling me the word is right now the Florida-Arizona thing has real legs. I don’t have details but he is pretty confident that that is where this is headed fwiw
What a fun one off idea for just one season. Funky divisions and alignments, universal DH and maybe Florida becomes pitcher haven while Arizona becomes where players die on the field from heat exhaustion (jk) but it will be rough

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12667
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 pm

"Mike Trout said Wednesday on NBC Sports Network's "Lunch Talk Live" that he has reservations about MLB's reported plan to attempt to play the 2020 season entirely in Arizona.
The plan was recently endorsed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who has been at the forefront of media relations and decision-making when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. But there are many layers to this thing, and it get less and less feasible the more you peel those layers back. Players and coaching staffs could maybe live inside a quarantine bubble for a stretch, but what about their families? And what about the hotel staff and food service workers and bus drivers and grounds crew and broadcast production teams that would be necessary to keep it all running? "There's a lot of red flags," Trout said on NBC Sports Network on Wednesday. "We want to get back as soon as we can, but obviously it's got to be realistic. It can't be sitting in our hotel rooms, just going from the field to the hotel room and not being able to do anything. I think that's pretty crazy."

We all want baseball.
But it's hard to disagree with that.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Philippe27
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:33 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 pm
"Mike Trout said Wednesday on NBC Sports Network's "Lunch Talk Live" that he has reservations about MLB's reported plan to attempt to play the 2020 season entirely in Arizona.
The plan was recently endorsed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who has been at the forefront of media relations and decision-making when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. But there are many layers to this thing, and it get less and less feasible the more you peel those layers back. Players and coaching staffs could maybe live inside a quarantine bubble for a stretch, but what about their families? And what about the hotel staff and food service workers and bus drivers and grounds crew and broadcast production teams that would be necessary to keep it all running? "There's a lot of red flags," Trout said on NBC Sports Network on Wednesday. "We want to get back as soon as we can, but obviously it's got to be realistic. It can't be sitting in our hotel rooms, just going from the field to the hotel room and not being able to do anything. I think that's pretty crazy."

We all want baseball.
But it's hard to disagree with that.
There are red flags but nothing that can't be dealt with. Yes you need other staff but players should be able to stay 2 meters away from the groundscrew, hotel staff etc.

As for players going from field to hotel room, I'm sure they can set up the hotels with other things to keep them busy. When it's safe I'm sure they'll go back to playing in MLB Stadiums but most people just stay home right now so going from field to hotel doesn't sound too bad.

User avatar
Tom Kessenich
Posts: 20003
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:35 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 pm
We all want baseball.
But it's hard to disagree with that.
It's easy for me to and here's how: It was reported today that 5.2 million Americans filed for unemployment last week, bringing the total to 22 million in the past month. If given the choice of not working or keeping your job but being forced to make significant adjustments for one year which option do you think those 22 million would pick?

I know which one I'd choose.

We're all being forced to make adjustments. For millions that means losing their jobs and struggling to make ends meet. Even those of us fortunate to still be working have had to make adjustments to how we do our jobs. We're all doing it so if there's a plan that can be implemented that means sports can return safely then the plan should be implemented in my opinion. If it means pro athletes are forced to adjust for one season of their careers tough s**t. I like Mike Trout a lot but if I can adjust to how I'm currently doing my job he can adjust to his, especially when he's being paid a helluva lot more than I'll ever see in my lifetime.

If the adjustment asked of him is too great than he doesn't have to play and he can forfeit his salary. Done.

Again, I do not want sports back if a safe plan cannot be implemented. Everyone's health and safety is priority 1. But if such a plan can be put together than let's do it. If it means for one season everyone plays in Arizona so what? You're still getting to do your job, something 22 million Americans currently cannot say.

If all of us can adjust pro sports and pro athletes can adjust. If that means baseball in December for one year and the Super Bowl in March tough freaking s**t. You can do this. Hopefully this will be the only time we'll have to make this type of adjustment and next year life will be back to some semblance of normalcy and these types of adjustments will never happen again.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12667
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am

I want baseball like anybody else.
But I agree with the red flags. It is estimated that at least 10,000 people would have to be in this 'bubble'. The thought of that bubble not being infiltrated by the virus is a red flag of itself. And when it happens, it is Katie bar the door in how it spreads.

What the players are making monetarily is of no matter. They shouldn't be asked to do something to put themselves in more danger than we are for our entertainment.
For me, the logistics do not seem feasible. Nor do they for baseball's best player. If he has doubts, I'm betting there are doubts leading all the way up to the top level.
Nobody likes a pessimistic view, I understand that. But, it's also pragmatic.
The Arizona plan has holes. The last thing we want to see in a bubble plan.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Frozen Tundra
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Frozen Tundra » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 am

There simply must be sufficient testing for there to be an MLB season of some kind. Right now it sounds like it's the Arizona plan or bust. I, too, vacillate between optimism and pessimism as to whether it can be done with so many factors that would need to be addressed. For example, one point Trout (and others) made is that his wife is due this summer and obviously he wants to be there for the birth. I think even that could be accommodated. Teams can charter planes and arrange for minimal contact with the player on the entire trip. Then you do an instant test upon return.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

User avatar
Tom Kessenich
Posts: 20003
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:08 am

I stated that safety is priority 1 and no plan should be undertaken if that cannot be guaranteed. But if such a plan can be implemented then let's do it. Maybe Mike Trout's salary shouldn't matter but it will. It will be very difficult for players making millions to decide they don't want to do their jobs if a safe plan can be put in place when our unemployment numbers are rising at horrific levels. But again if Trout or anyone else decides they would rather not work they can donate their full salaries to those in need. They can choose not to work but can still help those who are suffering.

Works for me.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12667
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:15 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:08 am
I stated that safety is priority 1 and no plan should be undertaken if that cannot be guaranteed. But if such a plan can be implemented then let's do it. Maybe Mike Trout's salary shouldn't matter but it will. It will be very difficult for players making millions to decide they don't want to do their jobs if a safe plan can be put in place when our unemployment numbers are rising at horrific levels. But again if Trout or anyone else decides they would rather not work they can donate their full salaries to those in need. They can choose not to work but can still help those who are suffering.

Works for me.
:D Politicians make millions of dollars too and we see what kind of jobs they're doing.

Argument aside, I applaud baseball for being progressive in getting their product on the field.
I love that they want to do that as much as we want to see it.

Taiwan, an island country that was comparatively not badgered by the virus, started playing baseball to empty stadiums (they had dummies in the seats, brilliant!).
So at least baseball is being played somewhere.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

User avatar
Tom Kessenich
Posts: 20003
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 am
There simply must be sufficient testing for there to be an MLB season of some kind. Right now it sounds like it's the Arizona plan or bust.
I'm obviously not smart enough in terms of pandemics to know what type of plan can or will work. But I definitely trust Fauci and if he says it's possible that is at the very least a place where such a plan can begin to be put together. I highly doubt he'd say something was possible if it clearly wasn't and would clearly endanger lives. So I'll defer to the expert and use his knowledge to guide and inform a potential plan.

PGA announced today it hopes to return in June with at least the first four events without fans. The NBA Board of Governors meets on Friday and The Athletic reported there is growing optimism within the league the season can be saved.

This situation changes daily but Fauci's interview this week plus the PGA's announcement and the NBA report has me feeling like there is some potential light starting to appear in this dark tunnel. Maybe I won't feel that way tomorrow or even this afternoon but for now I'll take it and hope this can get us to the normalcy we all crave.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

User avatar
Greg Ambrosius
Posts: 35239
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:32 am

I hear ya Dan and I hear where Mike Trout is coming from. There are going to be red flags for anything any of us do between now and the time a nationwide and worldwide vaccine is administered, right? I mean it's not going to be completely safe until we're all vaccinated.

So we all have to adjust until that happens. And hopefully more progress will be made between April 16th and May 16th. And let's hope June 16th is much more safer for small groups to move around and compete than it is on April 16th.

My feeling is that if baseball cancels this season because it's waiting for a vaccine then next season is in jeopardy too. We won't be any closer to a vaccine before next spring and a vaccine may not be available nationwide until maybe Fall of 2021. I don't think anyone wants to lose two seasons.

Let's hope a vaccine is sooner than 12-18 months away and let's hope we can find some safety for the players and workers to make this work in Arizona or Arizona & Florida this season. All we can do is hope. Stay safe all and stay healthy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS
Posts: 12667
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:29 am

Your right, Greg. All we can do is what we're doing now and hope that slowly that we can come out of hibernation.
Hopefully, we won't have to wait for a vaccine to continue sports or our lives as they were.
Other services are already making changes for when we come out of hibernation.
Some Restaurants are already planning on making gloves and masks a requirement for staff.
Electronic or one-use menu's are also in plans.
Same for bartenders at bars with masks and gloves.
If we're smart, we can slowly go back to our normal lives...eh, with changes :)

And speaking of making changes...if airlines can make their seats six feet apart, I'm all for it! :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gb2715
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gb2715 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 am

One big problem we are forgetting is owners will want players to take a significant pay cut due to lost revenue from gate,concessions, parking and 1/2 a season of Lost TV. This could be a deal breaker for both players and owners.

Gb2715
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Gb2715 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am
I want baseball like anybody else.
But I agree with the red flags. It is estimated that at least 10,000 people would have to be in this 'bubble'. The thought of that bubble not being infiltrated by the virus is a red flag of itself. And when it happens, it is Katie bar the door in how it spreads.

What the players are making monetarily is of no matter. They shouldn't be asked to do something to put themselves in more danger than we are for our entertainment.
For me, the logistics do not seem feasible. Nor do they for baseball's best player. If he has doubts, I'm betting there are doubts leading all the way up to the top level.
Nobody likes a pessimistic view, I understand that. But, it's also pragmatic.
The Arizona plan has holes. The last thing we want to see in a bubble plan.

And of those 10,000 people 95% of them are t making millions. Most are minimum wage or slightly above. Getting 10,000 people making min wage to buy in will be a problem. We can’t keep people at home now how are we expecting the random housekeeper washing the towels to stay locked up in a hotel for $12 an hour?

Philippe27
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 am
One big problem we are forgetting is owners will want players to take a significant pay cut due to lost revenue from gate,concessions, parking and 1/2 a season of Lost TV. This could be a deal breaker for both players and owners.
It's either that or they don't get paid at all...

The virus won't magically go away on its own. It was gone in Japan and Singapore, now it's back. A curve can flatten, go down and then back up.

For the next 12-18 months we have to learn to live with the virus or stay home for a year. MLB is looking for solutions and I'm all for it. I don't know of it'll work but I hope it does because otherwise we won't have any baseball until at least 2021.

Philippe27
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 am
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am
I want baseball like anybody else.
But I agree with the red flags. It is estimated that at least 10,000 people would have to be in this 'bubble'. The thought of that bubble not being infiltrated by the virus is a red flag of itself. And when it happens, it is Katie bar the door in how it spreads.

What the players are making monetarily is of no matter. They shouldn't be asked to do something to put themselves in more danger than we are for our entertainment.
For me, the logistics do not seem feasible. Nor do they for baseball's best player. If he has doubts, I'm betting there are doubts leading all the way up to the top level.
Nobody likes a pessimistic view, I understand that. But, it's also pragmatic.
The Arizona plan has holes. The last thing we want to see in a bubble plan.

And of those 10,000 people 95% of them are t making millions. Most are minimum wage or slightly above. Getting 10,000 people making min wage to buy in will be a problem. We can’t keep people at home now how are we expecting the random housekeeper washing the towels to stay locked up in a hotel for $12 an hour?
We'll all have to learn to do our job while staying 6 feet away from everyone else, as much as possible. The housekeeper can do that, she doesn't have to stay locked up.

Anyone who has to be close to other people (players, team staff etc) when doing their job has to be tested, not all 10000...

Ultrarunner
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Ultrarunner » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm

I have zero sympathy for someone who may be inconvenienced by moving into a 5-star hotel for a few months.

I missed holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. over 5 deployments in 25 years covering substantially more than “a few months” and was not living in a hotel. I damn near missed the birth of my oldest daughter.

Entertainers (and professional sports figures are entertainers) get paid to entertain.

60% of the crew members on the TR who tested positive were asymptomatic. These are healthy men and women (albeit probably with a higher than average smoking/tobacco rate). I’d be willing to bet our professional athletes will likely see this same rate, if not better.

We cannot spend the rest of our lives living in a condition that is best described as house arrest.

Run out the pause, come up with reasonable solutions to regain some semblance of normalcy, and play ball, dammit

User avatar
whale4evr
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:09 pm
Location: CT

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by whale4evr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:53 pm

The players have too much at risk to go about this haphazardly before sufficient facts are known. I can't blame them for being cautious.

Roy's Outlaws
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:59 pm

A vaccine is going to take way to long to help the baseball season. what is needed is Quick testing and then a treatment that works and keeps most people out of the Hospital. just announced treatment study that looks very good.(hopefully)Thursday after details leaked of a closely watched clinical trial of the company’s antiviral drug Remdesivir, showing what appears to be promising results in treating Covid-19.
The University of Chicago’s phase 3 drug trial found that most of its patients had “rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms” and were discharged in less than a week, health-care publication STAT News reported.

“The best news is that most of our patients have already been discharged, which is great. We’ve only had two patients perish,” University of Chicago infectious disease specialist Kathleen Mullane said, according to STAT News, which obtained a video of her remarks.
Gilead didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Post Reply