Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

mdecav

Re: Open Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by mdecav » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:26 am

Cotton1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 am
Greg,

If we have to scrap(gulp) the season and this would ostensibly damage(end?) the NFBC, can we not compromise and somehow split the baby? I for one would be ok with a refund for all my leagues minus your margin, we all get back 70-80%(whatever the number is) and you can live to play another day....
I am willing to do that for the love of this game(the contest)
To gain a complete refund and lose the future isn’t a good trade. I bet a lot of guys would make that compromise
Can’t believe we are here
Maybe the owners/players can read this thread and learn something
I’m fine with that if this is needed to keep the business going, and am willing for the NFBC to hold my money for future contests.

The way things are going right now in most of the country, we have a real danger that 2021 may be compromised as well.

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:20 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 am
COZ wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 pm
Philippe27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm
I signed up for 2 $1000 DC's knowing that over a 162 games season I have an edge over my competitors. For a 60 games season that edge is cut in more than half. Add to that the NL DH which completely changes the value of all pitchers considerably and all hitters to a lesser degree.

I have no problem drafting Main Event teams for a 60 games season but my rankings now look nothing like they did back in late February and those leagues are basically a coin flip now.
Advantage over your opponents? Please. I was in one of those drafts with you & your team stinks; not sure from where the arrogance comes, but you may want to check yourself, pal. I do however agree with you that the $1000k DC leagues should be cancelled but I'm fine rolling with my team either way, especially the league with you.
So you think everyone who signs up for $1000 DC's think they have a 6.7% chance to win? Just insulting my team for no reason whatsoever shows that you think you have at least a 7.1% chance to win so that's called an edge pal.

We all draft based on our own rankings or projections so everyone in that league thought they had the best team when the draft ended. If you didn't then there's a problem
Sorry, I should have said your projections stunk, not necessarily your team. My bad. ;)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:59 pm

COZ wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:20 pm
Philippe27 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 am
COZ wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Advantage over your opponents? Please. I was in one of those drafts with you & your team stinks; not sure from where the arrogance comes, but you may want to check yourself, pal. I do however agree with you that the $1000k DC leagues should be cancelled but I'm fine rolling with my team either way, especially the league with you.
So you think everyone who signs up for $1000 DC's think they have a 6.7% chance to win? Just insulting my team for no reason whatsoever shows that you think you have at least a 7.1% chance to win so that's called an edge pal.

We all draft based on our own rankings or projections so everyone in that league thought they had the best team when the draft ended. If you didn't then there's a problem
Sorry, I should have said your projections stunk, not necessarily your team. My bad. ;)
Maybe you should double check your projections because mine got me 14th overall in the DC last year with a single team despite Carrasco's cancer. Oh yeah I forgot, I also used them when I drafted my team that finished 8th overall in the Main.

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 pm

i agree with doing whatever it takes so NFBC survives.

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:03 am

Gates wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 pm
Dat Bum wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Greg and Tom,

I'm going to keep this simple. A tough decision lies ahead. Make the decision based on whatever allows the NFBC to continue being a big part of our lives. That's the most important factor in the decision. It's easy to get shortsighted, but we can probably all agree the overall long term health and status of the NFBC is most important. You've been loyal to us. We are loyal to you.

To the rest of us; let's rally behind this great American business and do what others (including MLB) have not been willing to do during this COVID madness.
+100
Very well said.

Yes, indeed! And Greg, glad to see you and the family were able to get away. It's just a shame that the owners didn't somehow come to their senses and reach an agreement. Shortsighted doesn't begin to describe their approach. Of course, with the failure to contain the virus, reaching an agreement may not even matter in the end.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 am

Is it just me, or is it hard to fathom that there still isn't any resolution to the upcoming baseball season? :oops:

I mean, the players said "Where and When" 10 days ago and asked the commissioner to mandate the length of the season so that players could head to spring training 2.0 last Monday and play through Sept. 27th. That might have been 70+ games. Instead, there followed with a face-to-face meeting, an offer by the owners, a counter offer from the players and then a stalemate. The players likely would have resoundingly voted NO last night on the 60-game proposal from the owners, but then Manfred had to make one last ditch offer.

So we sit here again today waiting for what that offer could be. And the debate here continues whether we should scrap the entire NFBC season or not. Again, once we know exactly what baseball plans to do and if the players buy into that plan or not then we'll act quickly. But all of these leaked new offers is getting old and in the end the virus is likely going to win out.

I'm not going to lie, as a die-hard baseball fan I'm just worn out by all of this. I've sick of waiting for the next baseball negotiating news. This should have been resolved more than a month ago. It's obvious that the owners have run out the clock better than Phil Ford could have done with Dean Smith's 4 Corner Offense at North Carolina. There now isn't even enough days to have a 70+ game season and I think the players are ready to allow a mandated season, while quickly filing a billion dollar grievance. The only ones who will win or profit from this 2020 MLB season are the lawyers. And yes, THERE WILL BE LAWYERS.

I'm pretty sure I know how all of this is going to play out, so for those few folks who keep emailing me and sending me Tweets to refund their teams yesterday, trust me I've heard you the first time. I understand the situation. I also don't know what the final situation is yet because baseball keeps playing this out like a bad soap opera that just won't kill off the hot mistress. And trust me, there is no hot mistress in this story.

Give us an answer today Robbie Manfred. Please. Kill off the sport today rather than continue with this soap opera. Just do it so we can all take our losses and go home. We beg of you.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

edsb41

Post by edsb41 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am

I trust Greg/Tom/Darik's decision either way. I'm happy with my OC and DC teams as is right now. Although, I''m sure I'll be singing a different tune if/when star players start announcing they're sitting out.

Number of games aside, the fact MLB still doesn't have a plan in place to keep the players as safe as possible is INSANE. If they can't work that out, nothing else matters. The NBA has been great and a bubble is the only way to ensure the season can potentially be played to completion. Expecting MLB teams to play in their home parks, travel, etc. seems nuts when they can't even contain the spread within their own spring training complexes.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 am
Is it just me, or is it hard to fathom that there still isn't any resolution to the upcoming baseball season? :oops:

I mean, the players said "Where and When" 10 days ago and asked the commissioner to mandate the length of the season so that players could head to spring training 2.0 last Monday and play through Sept. 27th. That might have been 70+ games. Instead, there followed with a face-to-face meeting, an offer by the owners, a counter offer from the players and then a stalemate. The players likely would have resoundingly voted NO last night on the 60-game proposal from the owners, but then Manfred had to make one last ditch offer.

So we sit here again today waiting for what that offer could be. And the debate here continues whether we should scrap the entire NFBC season or not. Again, once we know exactly what baseball plans to do and if the players buy into that plan or not then we'll act quickly. But all of these leaked new offers is getting old and in the end the virus is likely going to win out.

I'm not going to lie, as a die-hard baseball fan I'm just worn out by all of this. I've sick of waiting for the next baseball negotiating news. This should have been resolved more than a month ago. It's obvious that the owners have run out the clock better than Phil Ford could have done with Dean Smith's 4 Corner Offense at North Carolina. There now isn't even enough days to have a 70+ game season and I think the players are ready to allow a mandated season, while quickly filing a billion dollar grievance. The only ones who will win or profit from this 2020 MLB season are the lawyers. And yes, THERE WILL BE LAWYERS.

I'm pretty sure I know how all of this is going to play out, so for those few folks who keep emailing me and sending me Tweets to refund their teams yesterday, trust me I've heard you the first time. I understand the situation. I also don't know what the final situation is yet because baseball keeps playing this out like a bad soap opera that just won't kill off the hot mistress. And trust me, there is no hot mistress in this story.

Give us an answer today Robbie Manfred. Please. Kill off the sport today rather than continue with this soap opera. Just do it so we can all take our losses and go home. We beg of you.
It's not just you, Greg.
Manfred 100% guarantees baseball this year.
Five days later, he bemoans that there may not be a season.
The players say there will be no more counter offers.
Then counter a 60 game, 100% pro rata from the owners.
The National writers want to be the first to report any news.
So the owners and players leak whatever they want to read in print. And they print it.
All, reprehensible.
All.

This movie is filled with many super villians.
Not to mention the continuous summer flight of the vultures overhead.
There is always fear that these Corona Vultues can swoop down at any time.
Here we are months later, waiting for the Super Hero that we know will never come.
A Super Hero armed for battling Greed and Corona does not exist.

This should have been settled with 120-140 games.
They should be playing right now.
Some stadiums would have 50% capacity to help the owners fill their pockets.
Instead, here we are.
Watching what we've watched all Summer.
Movies without good guys, suck.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:06 am

I don't want no stinkin' refund. I say if they play, we play, as long as it's in the best interest of the NFBC.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:21 am

Greg,
I know you like 'It's a Wonderful Life' as much as I do.
In a scene early in the movie, the pharmacist, Mr. Gower, is overcome with grief, when receiving a telegram stating that his son was a casualty of World War II.
Instead of dispensing medicine in the next prescription, he mistakenly fills the prescription with poison.
Young George Bailey sees the mistake and seeks out his Father for advice in whether to deliver the faulty order.
But his Father is feuding with Mr. Potter and cannot help George.
George does the right thing in not delivering the order but is cuffed about the head by Mr. Gower for not delivering the order.

Like George Bailey, you'll do the right thing, Greg.
If the season is too faulty, you cannot deliver our medicine.
One thing is for sure, you'll be cuffed about the head either way! :D

Seriously though, we know you're in a tough spot and we're here for you.
Most of us just want a 2021 NFBC to look forward to after this rotten year.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:32 am

Ask Greg. He knows.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:34 am

edsb41 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am
Number of games aside, the fact MLB still doesn't have a plan in place to keep the players as safe as possible is INSANE.
THIS.

They had months to finalize a plan and backup plans. None of this is new.

IF sports are going to happen in 2020 (and in the future), they have to expect players to test positive and execute their plan. if their plan involves one positive test resulting in team facilities shutting down or entire teams being quarantined, there wont be a season. simple as that. if football has the same plan, its DOA as well.

i can't believe this behemoth of a business appears to be a captain-less ship out to sea and without a destination port.

-edit to clarify the "behemoth of a business appears to be a captain-less ship" is MLB and Manfred/owners.
Last edited by Gekko on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:09 am

Even though I’m hoping we will play out our 2020 fantasy season, it’s hard to keep up hope because even if the decision was announced today there will be a 65 game MLB schedule, what happens when the MLB has to suspend the season after one or more teams are in a 2-week quarantine when a significant number of players test positive?

It’s more than just a non-zero chance.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:33 pm

And, with all due respect, if Trout or Snell or any other top of the line guys choose not to play, so what? We're in a different world for this season, and we need to adapt accordingly. Adjust your lineups. Use the FAAB. We all agree that no draft is won in the first round. Otherwise it's not a game of skill. You planned for a 162 game season and that gave you an advantage in your DC league? And now that advantage is gone? What are you talking about? We all drafted for a 162 game season. Despite the problems right now, we're still on the same playing field. I had Matt Olson on almost every team last year, and he broke his hand playing a completely unnecessary game in Japan to kick off my season. Oh well. Should I have cried foul? No. What I did was pick up the pieces and ended up winning money anyway, and probably would have won more if I didn't drop Olson from my online championship team (in my defense, a broken hamate bone almost always leads to a sap in power). The reality is that we probably will have a coronavirus disabled list this year. It'll be 14 days. It's an added factor that could affect your team, but no different than a broken hand on day one in a game that really shouldn't have been being played anyway. Pull up your man panties and play out a 50 game season if that's what is necessary, and keep the NFBC strong for next year. The only time refunds should be given is if there is no season at all, or if they start, and then have to stop due to the coronavirus. Period. I'll gladly take my prize money with an asterisk. Let's stop talking about how bad baseball players and management sucks when it comes to negotiating, cause they've always sucked at that, and let's start talking about how we're going to run this fantasy season. If your team sucks in 50 games, it's gonna suck in 162 games. Man up, even though the players aren't! Man up!!
Last edited by croakerkane on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Gekko wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:34 am
edsb41 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am
Number of games aside, the fact MLB still doesn't have a plan in place to keep the players as safe as possible is INSANE.
THIS.

They had months to finalize a plan and backup plans. None of this is new.

IF sports are going to happen in 2020 (and in the future), they have to expect players to test positive and execute their plan. if their plan involves one positive test resulting in team facilities shutting down or entire teams being quarantined, there wont be a season. simple as that. if football has the same plan, its DOA as well.

i can't believe this behemoth of a business appears to be a captain-less ship out to sea and without a destination port.

-edit to clarify the "behemoth of a business appears to be a captain-less ship" is MLB and Manfred/owners.
:lol: SMH. You guys just don't get it. How many times has Trump said this...."We have the best testing anywhere in the world."

President Donald Trump said Saturday he’s asked his administration to slow down coronavirus testing because robust testing turns up too many cases of COVID-19. From the Trump Tulsa Rally,

"When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're gonna find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down, please, they test, & they test....we got another one over here...we're getting too many cases." And the MSM & liberal Twitter loses their minds over this. He's trolling everyone because he knows the truth, Corona is a HOAX. All the Trump deplorables & rubes & rednecks that all the MSM & liberals love to ridicule are laughing their asses off at all the so-called "educated" elites. And the White House also just announced a July 4th Parade. Why would he be holding rallies & announce a 4th of July parade in the middle of a pandemic?

https://news.yahoo.com/tulsa-rally-trum ... 54962.html

Too much testing is code for too much bait, too many intelligence traps; getting too many cases is code for we're getting too many (criminal conspiracy) cases. Keep lapping up at the trough the MSM is serving you, it's all FAKE. Everything on TV is coordinated & FAKE. Corona/Race Riots/Racial Incidents is all propaganda & a military trap to bait out of the woodwork all those involved in a seditious conspiracy. Turn off the TV. Baseball will be played with stadiums full of fans, pro rate salaries, mid-July start...I'm guessing 70-74 games but not sure at this point. 8-)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

edsb41

Post by edsb41 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Jesus Christ, COZ. Seek help immediately.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 pm

edsb41 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:52 pm

:lol: You've been warned. 98% of the country is going to need therapy, but not this guy.

Psy-OP Meme.jpg
Psy-OP Meme.jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 56364 times
COZ

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:17 pm
I signed up for 2 $1000 DC's knowing that over a 162 games season I have an edge over my competitors. For a 60 games season that edge is cut in more than half. Add to that the NL DH which completely changes the value of all pitchers considerably and all hitters to a lesser degree.

I have no problem drafting Main Event teams for a 60 games season but my rankings now look nothing like they did back in late February and those leagues are basically a coin flip now.
[/quote

With all due respect, if Trout or Snell or any other top of the line guys choose not to play, so what? We're in a different world for this season, and we need to adapt accordingly. Adjust your lineups. Use the FAAB. We all agree that no draft is won in the first round. Otherwise it's not a game of skill. You planned for a 162 game season and that gave you an advantage in your DC league? And now that advantage is gone? What are you talking about? We all drafted for a 162 game season. Despite the problems right now, we're still on the same playing field. I had Matt Olson on almost every team last year, and he broke his hand playing a completely unnecessary game in Japan to kick off my season. Oh well. Should I have cried foul? No. What I did was pick up the pieces and ended up winning money anyway, and probably would have won more if I didn't drop Olson from my online championship team (in my defense, a broken hamate bone almost always leads to a sap in power). The reality is that we probably will have a coronavirus disabled list this year. It'll be 14 days. It's an added factor that could affect your team, but no different than a broken hand on day one in a game that really shouldn't have been being played anyway. Pull up your man panties and play out a 50 game season if that's what is necessary, and keep the NFBC strong for next year. The only time refunds should be given is if there is no season at all, or if they start, and then have to stop due to the coronavirus. Period. I'll gladly take my prize money with an asterisk. Let's stop talking about how bad baseball players and management sucks when it comes to negotiating, cause they've always sucked at that, and let's start talking about how we're going to run this fantasy season. If your team sucks in 50 games, it's gonna suck in 162 games. Man up, even though the players aren't! Man up!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:21 am
Greg,
I know you like 'It's a Wonderful Life' as much as I do.
In a scene early in the movie, the pharmacist, Mr. Gower, is overcome with grief, when receiving a telegram stating that his son was a casualty of World War II.
Instead of dispensing medicine in the next prescription, he mistakenly fills the prescription with poison.
Young George Bailey sees the mistake and seeks out his Father for advice in whether to deliver the faulty order.
But his Father is feuding with Mr. Potter and cannot help George.
George does the right thing in not delivering the order but is cuffed about the head by Mr. Gower for not delivering the order.

Like George Bailey, you'll do the right thing, Greg.
If the season is too faulty, you cannot deliver our medicine.
One thing is for sure, you'll be cuffed about the head either way! :D

Seriously though, we know you're in a tough spot and we're here for you.
Most of us just want a 2021 NFBC to look forward to after this rotten year.
You know I love this scene. It's why George had to be born. He was shown he saved lives!!

I loved everything about this except the cuff to the head either way!! :lol: But those cuffs to the head are already coming. Baseball will find a way to make this next decision impossible either way. The owners have run out the clock with their 4 Corner Offense and now we just hope for some kind of season so that maybe we can still have a 2021 season. After that, all bets are off.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Cheers, COZ

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm
Cheers, COZ

And I have not even gotten to the good stuff yet...elimination of the Act of 1871 making the USA a corporation, implementation of a true Constitutional Republic owned by We the People not a corporation owned by the banking cartels & the Vatican, revaluation of currency & implementation of a new gold-back currency, elimination of the Federal Reserve & all of our national debt, national & world-wide implementation of NESARA/GESARA. Arrests of a lot of elites & politicians amongst other major things yet to be announced. You guys gotta LOT of work to do. I expect better from y'all. Greg, do not make any announcements about the NFBC until this all comes out. And yes, football will be played with full stadiums, do not fret. 8-)
COZ

edsb41

Post by edsb41 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm

COZ wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm
And I have not even gotten to the good stuff yet...elimination of the Act of 1871 making the USA a corporation, implementation of a true Constitutional Republic owned by We the People not a corporation owned by the banking cartels & the Vatican, revaluation of currency & implementation of a new gold-back currency, elimination of the Federal Reserve & all of our national debt, national & world-wide implementation of NESARA/GESARA. Arrests of a lot of elites & politicians amongst other major things yet to be announced. You guys gotta LOT of work to do. I expect better from y'all. Greg, do not make any announcements about the NFBC until this all comes out. And yes, football will be played with full stadiums, do not fret. 8-)
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c
Last edited by edsb41 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 pm

edsb41 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:52 pm
Honestly, This may be the most helpful post on the thread

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:53 pm

edsb41 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm
COZ wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:39 pm
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c
:lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qOfLF70OvM
COZ

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm

croakerkane wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:33 pm
And, with all due respect, if Trout or Snell or any other top of the line guys choose not to play, so what? We're in a different world for this season, and we need to adapt accordingly. Adjust your lineups. Use the FAAB. We all agree that no draft is won in the first round. Otherwise it's not a game of skill. You planned for a 162 game season and that gave you an advantage in your DC league? And now that advantage is gone? What are you talking about? We all drafted for a 162 game season. Despite the problems right now, we're still on the same playing field. I had Matt Olson on almost every team last year, and he broke his hand playing a completely unnecessary game in Japan to kick off my season. Oh well. Should I have cried foul? No. What I did was pick up the pieces and ended up winning money anyway, and probably would have won more if I didn't drop Olson from my online championship team (in my defense, a broken hamate bone almost always leads to a sap in power). The reality is that we probably will have a coronavirus disabled list this year. It'll be 14 days. It's an added factor that could affect your team, but no different than a broken hand on day one in a game that really shouldn't have been being played anyway. Pull up your man panties and play out a 50 game season if that's what is necessary, and keep the NFBC strong for next year. The only time refunds should be given is if there is no season at all, or if they start, and then have to stop due to the coronavirus. Period. I'll gladly take my prize money with an asterisk. Let's stop talking about how bad baseball players and management sucks when it comes to negotiating, cause they've always sucked at that, and let's start talking about how we're going to run this fantasy season. If your team sucks in 50 games, it's gonna suck in 162 games. Man up, even though the players aren't! Man up!!
Lol I don't even know where to start but this has nothing to do with maning up, it's basic math.