Draft Champions Podcast

Baseball Furies

Draft Champions Podcast

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:55 am

For anyone who may not be on Twitter or just may have missed it because they didn't catch all the "massive promo" about it, here's the link to a fun little episode I did this past week. Sure to be life-altering to those who are interested in taking it all in. Seems like the response so far has been quite good. :mrgreen:

https://anchor.fm/draft-champ/episodes/ ... /a-a1bt631
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Yah Mule

Re: Draft Champions Podcast

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:50 pm

If I have to sign up for a whole new website to hear this, you better be funny. :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:50 pm
If I have to sign up for a whole new website to hear this, you better be funny. :lol:
Don't think you have to sign up for anything. The Anchor app is free. Link should take you to the show, but I'm not the tech guy. I'm just the talent. :mrgreen:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 pm

MtM! Glad you were able to take some time from repeat binge watching Ken Burns "Country Music" to do the podcast!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 pm
MtM! Glad you were able to take some time from repeat binge watching Ken Burns "Country Music" to do the podcast!
Yes, I did that right after attending a Dixie Chicks concert. :mrgreen:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:20 am

FWIW, some feedback...
1. MTM is certainly an interesting interview. Came off knowledgeable and able to carry himself well
2. A little too much MTM self promotion and bullying for my liking, but I get that’s the way he rolls
3. Podcast was too long. Probably could have condensed everything into a 30-45 min piece
4. Favorite part of interview was when he said he respects a couple of the dual industry/NFBC guys; however when they tweet out info, it’s basically meaningless to MTM because he already knows it. :lol:

Overall, nice job MTM.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:36 am

Thanks for all the feedback here and directly to me. May be lining up for round two soon. Will keep everyone posted. First time around I was just getting warmed up! :mrgreen:

thepats

Post by thepats » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 am

I listen to this podcast regularly and this episode was the worst by far. It was full of self=promotion but way short on helpful information on the Draft Champions format which is kind of the point of the podcast.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 pm

thepats wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 am
I listen to this podcast regularly and this episode was the worst by far. It was full of self=promotion but way short on helpful information on the Draft Champions format which is kind of the point of the podcast.

I completely agree with you. By the far and away the worst so far...and the most listened to of all the episodes by a wide margin. Just goes to show you what lengths people will go to seeking bad content and shit entertainment. :P :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:57 pm

The encore performance has been recorded and is due for release this evening around or after the Super Bowl! 8-) Why not spend a couple of hours taking another trip into the fabulously twisted world of MTM Fantasy Baseball Entertainment for some no holds barred good times filled with ball-busting, industry expert shredding, and transformational insights and wisdom on life that will be sure to leave you as perplexed and bewildered as you will be amazed and enlightened. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:22 am

The encore episode is now live! Here is the link to the pod for anyone interested. Strap yourself in for the ride! 8-)

https://anchor.fm/draft-champ/episodes/ ... /a-a1d8b4u

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am

Nice Mike...like the Lord Z reference! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am
Nice Mike...like the Lord Z reference! :lol:

Thanks Wayne. :mrgreen: And I take the "Robert Edwards" I received funds from for the party was you. Luckily I'm up on the annoying and inexplicable Southern practice of using middle names as first names. :lol: And when you can, PM or text me (if you still have my number) your new cell number. Apparently the one I have is incorrect or no longer in use. Want to be able to keep in touch directly leading up to the festivities. Thanks!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Hummm....I put a note on the payment that was "From Wayne Edwards", so I guess that did not make it through. Yeah...Dad was Robert (SR) and I am Wayne (or JR or God) and pity my poor son who is III (call him Trey).

Just texted you. Number hasn't changed. Can't wait to catch up in March!

By the way...off topic....trade Betts...don't trade Betts...shoot Betts...cut Betts...screw Betts...whatever...I am so tired of the speculation....BORING!
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:55 am

This encore episode is blowing up already! :mrgreen: And it has been a full on Cat-astrophe ever since its release! :lol:

Already working on my next appearance where topics will include the story of my infamous movie theater brawl; how to train your wife or significant other into fantasy baseball submission; some of my weekly world perceptions and ponderings on life; and my favorite psychological warfare techniques to use at the draft table to pummel your opponents; and oh yeah, lots of fantasy baseball player talk/insights/and strategies as well!

May even have a couple of new industry guys to unload on just for fun now the LABR Mixed Draft is in the books. Stay tuned! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:00 am

Just putting the finishing touches on the outline for my next appearance. There will most definitely be more draft analysis of the "experts" picks of the LABR draft at least based on popular demand...and probably me just completely blowing a gasket after reviewing the idiotic results of a fantasy baseball Twitter poll that I have ever seen! :shock: :evil:

And by the way, I am in full on Fantasy Baseball Twitter mode these days, so have a follow if you'd like to brighten your day, and potentially spice up your otherwise boring and mundane existence. ;) :lol: @MikeMassotto...not to mention I'm only 11 behind that damn cat as of this posting, so as many additional human followers that I can round up right now would be great. :roll:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Will be "in studio: recording my third appearance on this pod later tonight which I'm sure will be out by tomorrow or soon thereafter depending upon how much they choose to edit and censor me. :mrgreen: Have a ton of fun shit planned and yes, the epic story of my movie theater brawl will FINALLY be told! 8-) Listen in for your usual does of fantasy enlightenment!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:19 am

It's out, and baby this one is EPIC! A sometimes off the rails, yet completely entertaining two hours of fantasy baseball and other related and completely unrelated rants, revelations, and rippings! Jump on board for the ride, and enjoy! :lol: 8-)

https://anchor.fm/draft-champ/episodes/ ... /a-a15lcu2

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 am

Sounds like the shit is really hitting the fan after this one based on all the colorful feedback I have been receiving. :lol: :mrgreen: Glad everyone is having a good time with it. Hopefully more to come! 8-)

In this photo: A motion representative analogy of literal shit hitting a fan.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback on this latest episode! It's well on its way to being the most listened to of them all. 8-) Next episode to be recorded and released soon, so don't miss out on keeping up to speed on the goings on in the alternative universe of MTM! The movie theater brawl story seems to be a big hit, no pun intended. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Guess what topic just got added to the next Episode of The Draft Champion's Podcast? It may be only episode four for me, but you can sure as shit bet that there will be a little "open discussion" on the #163. :twisted: Full show agenda to be posted soon. Stay tuned!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:32 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Guess what topic just got added to the next Episode of The Draft Champion's Podcast? It may be only episode four for me, but you can sure as shit bet that there will be a little "open discussion" on the #163. :twisted: Full show agenda to be posted soon. Stay tuned!
I'm sure that's EXACTLY what people are looking for on a podcast during this drafting season!! :shock: Knock yourself out over it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:32 am
Baseball Furies wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm
I'm sure that's EXACTLY what people are looking for on a podcast during this drafting season!! :shock: Knock yourself out over it.
Greg, perhaps you haven't been listening (actually I know you haven't given this post) when all I have been doing for the most part is pumping up you and the NFBC, not to mention driving up interest and sales of your product. But once in a while you need to take the good with the bad whether you like it or not. It's still a semi-free country until the fascists completely take over, and I still have freedom of speech to say and express whatever opinions I want whether you happen to agree with them or not or God forbid, they may rock the boat or rub someone the wrong way.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:42 am

Quick update: We will be recording my triumphant fourth appearance on the show Thursday night for release sometime this Friday, 2/21. :D So now is an excellent time to get caught up with the series, in particular the last show. Nothing like a little binge listening to brighten your days prior to the airing of the newest installment of "Reality Takes a Vacation" starring MTM and his faithful sidekick, @zackroto. Full show agenda to be posted soon, so stay tuned! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:26 am

News Flash: Episode 20 of the hottest new fantasy baseball podcast that people only listen to when I'm on is officially in the books, and set for release sometime later tonight! :P About 90 minutes or so of PURE FANTASY BASEBALL/ENTERTAINMENT GOLD if I do say so myself. :mrgreen: Will post the link as soon as I have it, and look for it's release on Twitter @draftchampagne, @mikemassotto, @zackroto, and @ a bunch of other places for that matter. :mrgreen: In addition to some rapid fire fantasy baseball talk and explosive rants, I delve into such interesting topics of my highly illegal and often dangerous college businesses run out of my dorm rooms; movie lines and why Zack doesn't get it; more reflections on certain jackasses in the industry and their infuriating polls and radio topics; the recent collapse of the second tier of top starting pitching; and why I'm all for a hostile business takeover of the NFBC. Okay, I made that last one up. :twisted: :lol: Get ready to listen and enjoy! :D