The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Baseball Furies

The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:05 am

Yes, fantasy baseball fans and enthusiasts of the NFBC, it is FINALLY that time of year again! The NFBC's most prestigious event filled with some of THE BEST, elite fantasy baseball competition in the world will be in it's 9th incredible season, and appropriately hosted in the greatest city in the world as well. Every year this event kicks off all of the high stakes, season-long events that the NFBC has to offer with a bang...not unlike how Tom kicks off his NFBC trip to Vegas, only with a lot less premature ejaculating and apologizing. :lol: :lol: :lol: And it never disappoints. Of course, this year will be no different.

So here's what we got going down this year again in NYC on lucky Friday the 13th of March, at the ole "regal" Stewart Hotel. :roll:

We will again be graced with the pro draft facilitation talents of Adam Ronis of Fantasy Alarm and of Sirius XM Fantasy fame on Monday night's with the Lisa Ann Does Fantasy Show.

No, and again, she's not coming...at least not on film anymore as far as I know. :mrgreen:

As become a tradition each year, the draft will again be broadcast live that night, with a lot of us on the air prior to the event starting around 7:30 p.m. EST, so be sure to listen in. It's sure to be a roughly a thousand times more entertaining than any of the Tout Wars drafts you may be thinking of subjecting yourself to. :roll: So while we're busy anteing up $5000 for one stand alone league for a shot at a $40,000 first prize, these Tout "experts" will be drafting in town that same weekend to see who wins the honor of a date with Todd Zola to Outback Steakhouse, compliments of the FSGA!

There will be all the special MTM extras that I like to throw in each year for the competitors, and of course the now famous live "Iron Balls" KDS draft position draw. This will again feature special laser engraved competitor baseballs just for this premiere event!

And on behalf of Joe Thelen, who is another year closer to complete senility, I'm adding a little extra senior assistance with the help of my administrative assistant just for him during the draft.

Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

But there is no confusing who THE MAN was last year, as much as it pains me terribly to say so. David Einhorn (yes, that David Einhorn; feel free to do a little Google search on him :roll: ) took down the title last year with his crazy ass 'punt pitching' strategy for which he was supremely roasted about not only by his fellow competitors, but just about everyone else as well including our esteemed radio broadcasting crew for the evening. Honestly, many of us wondered to him out loud if his team was even going to make the innings limit. This was further affirmed when he replied a bit perplexed with,"Innings limit? What's that?" Followed by something like this:

Followed by a quick exit from Rosie's, but not before throwing down three bills towards the tab last year which was nice. Although, it would have been better if he just purchased the damn place outright on his American Express Centurion ("Black") Card and called it a night.

David will be duly honored prior to this year's event with his coronation and the presentation of the mother of all league trophies as his name will join the pantheon of champions engraved on it for all posterity...and so I can get sick looking at it from every year here on forward. :lol: He took down the title in a year with the closest competition in the standings we have ever had in league history, and perhaps in the history of NFBC high stakes leagues. As late as September, no more than 15 points separated up to 13 teams in the standings at one point. It was simply an insane finish with Einhorn pulling it out in the last week or so, followed by Kent Stermon who finished second, and Len Ringle a strong third his first year in the league. Congrats to all the winners! 8-)

And finally, no MTM Ultimate Event would be complete without the traditional late night steak and beverages at nearby Rosie O'Grady's which has already been reserved for out little post-midnight/post-draft celebration which includes the return of The MTM Limo Bus Service for all the league competitors to enjoy. More details to follow on these boards, and as always, any and all NFBC participants in town for the live events this weekend are welcome to join the revelry in celebration of our collective greatness! :mrgreen: 8-)

So here once again is the competitors list of the 2020 MTM NFBC ULTIMATE with ALL 15 owners returning from last season, so I must be doing somethin' right! Feel free to roast one and all accordingly as you see fit, and be sure to listen in. It's going to be a blast as always!

1. Jason Duponte
2. Michael Mager
3. Daniel Semsel
4. David Einhorn
5. Mike Massotto
6. Kent Stermon
7. Samuel Horton
8. Matt Modica/Mark Srebro
9. Leonard Ringle
10. Michael Edelman
11. Scott Fleming
12. Simon Hanft
13. Anthony Palavis/Eric Burd
14. Joe Thelen
15. Marc Perlmutter
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: The MTM Ultimate Returns for Its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:44 am

I must state for the record, that since the MTM ULTIMATE is in fact THE premiere contest of the entire NFBC live event drafting season, it should be ordained that this thread should be pinned to the first page here on the General NFBC Discussion Board until at least the day of the 3/13/20 event in NYC. Respectfully submitted, MTM, President and Founder, NFBC ULTIMATE. That is all. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 am

Dude, bring back Lisa Ann. You won’t need the air horn wielding intern

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 am

Ultrarunner wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:54 am
Dude, bring back Lisa Ann. You won’t need the air horn wielding intern

I will see what I can do, Dan. Maybe I can lure her back again with those baseball cake pops I had custom made a few years back that she loved a bit too much in front some of these guys that night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:20 pm

“ Feel free to roast one and all accordingly as you see fit”

:twisted:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:50 pm

For any of you on here not on Twitter: They have arrived! The signature laser engraved baseballs for the MTM Ultimate for the "Iron Balls" live, KDS draft slot draw. This is how you do it up right for the best of the best in high-stakes, season-long, fantasy baseball in the industry today! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 am

A couple of quick updates. Rosie O'Grady's private reservation secure. Private party bus limo reservation complete. One of the best live drafting experiences you will ever experience either as a participant or on the outside looking in: Inevitable! Just five weeks from this Friday! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Now this is how you travel in style. Even has poles (not pictured) for when Thelen lets loose on the way over to the restaurant. :lol: Perhaps I should add in a champagne toast to celebrate our collective greatness? :)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:55 am

We should be finding out soon who the lucky Sirius XM broadcasters for the big event are going to be. I'm also pushing for extended coverage this year which this draft deserves especially in comparison to the bore-fest of the four plus hours (including insufferable pre-draft analysis) often dedicated to these "Industry Expert" leagues.*

*See LABR Mixed Draft from last night. :roll: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 am

Still deciding on what extras I could add this year for all the amazing competitors of this premiere event. Still on the fence about maybe getting Lisa Ann back. Although last time she attended, I made the fatal mistake of bringing a tray of homemade baseball cake pops for everyone which Lisa Ann proceeded to tear into and liked just a bit too much if you know what I mean. :lol: Not that it bothered most of the competitors watching this little spectacle. :mrgreen: :oops:

NOW JUST FIVE SHORT WEEKS AWAY TO THE DAY TO THE BEST LIVE EVENT THAT THE NFBC HAS TO OFFER!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 am

Been a little quiet on the MTM Ultimate front, but never too late to remind everyone that WE ARE NOW LESS THAN FOUR WEEKS AWAY FROM THE BEST LIVE HIGH STAKES EVENT IN THE NFBC! 8-) 8-) 8-) .

All the behind the scenes plans are in full swing, so save the date to follow the pre-draft show and the draft itself on Sirius XM beginning at 7:00 p.m. EST the first day of live NFBC events in NYC! Who's getting pumped for the big night?

Of course you are! ;)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:13 am

Well, the stage is set! In less than one week from today some of the best of the best of the NFBC's top, elite competitors will be reconvening for the ninth season of THE premiere event of all the NFBC fantasy baseball draft offerings. You can bet that these boys will all be bringing their "A" games when they show up to again do battle in what is annually a fight to the finish often right down to the last day of the season (Game 162 :mrgreen: :twisted: ). These guys are the true fantasy baseball experts, and they will be demonstrating to everyone how it's done beginning next Friday, March 13th, at 7:00 pm EST with the pre-game coverage on SiriusXM hosted by the celebrity analyst team of Kyle Elfrink and Lord Zola himself. Quite frankly these dudes have no idea what they've gotten themselves into, but I'll try to go easy on them...especially Elfrink, who I could easily see needing a sedative about 10 minutes after sitting down with me, and a few weeks of counseling after returning home. :lol:

So be sure to listen in live (or on demand if you must) to the draft which will have a full four hours of coverage this year from what I've been told. Sure to be an entertaining, engaging, and memorable show as always. Feel free to drop by to see me if you're in town that night, or to swing by Rosie O'Grady's afterwards to join us all for the post-draft festivities starting around midnight. 8-)

And just a quick side note. I'm winning the title again this year, so hate to break the news to everyone. Besides, I could use the extra $40,000 so that I can finally have the sculptor complete the statue of me in bronze that I will be shipping to the Iola, Wisconsin offices of the NFBC. This will be for placement on their front snow/lawn as a token of my appreciation to Greg and Tom for allowing me yet again the privilege of being their complimentary PR and Marketing person for the NFBC this year. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

The MTM Ultimate Super Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:34 pm

So there isn't much time and I still have a ton to coordinate and set up, but thanks to Greg, The NFBC, David "Don't call me a Millionaire 'cause I'm a fucking Billionaire", Einhorn, and the assholes on both sides of the table in MLB, there WILL be baseball, and that also means there WILL be an MTM Ultimate Super LIVE Event in NYC this year. Pandemic or no pandemic, the show has to go on, and only fitting that it will be the premiere event in all the NFBC leading the way! 8-) I decided to make some compromises this year in order to accommodate this sure to be insane shortened season. So for 2020, the MTM Ultimate is now the Ultimate Super at a $2500 price point buy-in with a $20,000 league champion prize. Just as prestigious to take this bad boy down, but a little more palatable given the crazy nature of the shortened season adding so many unknowns into the equation.

Also, true to his word, David Einhorn went out and purchased a building in Manhattan just so we could have this exclusive, private event. ;) So on Saturday, July 18th, at 6:00 p.m. EST, the 9th annual edition of the MTM Ultimate (Super) will take place live at 140 East 45th with all the accompanying bells and whistles including our celebrity draft facilitator, Adam Ronis, Zoom Draft Posting by Greg, and more than likely coverage by SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. I will post updates here as things round into shape. Below is the current list of the true veteran die-hards of the NFBC who will be participating in this draft sans some of the riff-raff that needed to be excised from this league anyway. :P :lol: :lol: However, there may be an opening or two available this year, so please post to this thread, text, PM, email, or DM me if you may want a piece of this once-in-a-lifetime action. I need to solidify this league and close it out by Sunday night at the latest, so don't sit on this if you want in. This is an invitational, so I'll have the final say on who gets in and who doesn't...and yeah I know, life's a bitch. Deal with it. :mrgreen:

Finally, I'm also working on getting at least two-three combo live/on-line Main events scheduled for earlier that day at a venue nearby in private meeting rooms for simultaneous 1:00 p.m. EST starts. These will make for some nice, safe warm-up events prior to the Granddaddy later that day. So more details on these to come as soon as I can ensure the venue. Ah, the things I do for the NFBC. I'll have to make sure to reference all of these for my NFBC HOF induction speech in a few years. :mrgreen: So who else may want in?

1. Jason Duponte
2. Michael Mager
3. Daniel Semsel
4. David Einhorn
5. Mike Massotto
6. Samuel Horton (tentative)
7. Leonard Ringle (tentative)
8. Scott Fleming
9. Anthony Palavis/Eric Burd (tentative)
10. Jody Ryan
11. Marc Perlmutter
12. Craig Gebhard
13. Joe Thelen (tentative)
14. Eddie Gillis (tentative)
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:41 am

Okay, Darik is deleting all of the remaining MTM Ultimate League entries now and putting that money back on your accounts. Look for that money back by the end of the day.

Tom has also created an MTM Super League for Saturday, July 18th at 6 pm ET. Everyone can use that link once it is published to sign up for this contest. I'll post the link here shortly.

That should do it. Let's get 15 in David Einhorn's massive conference room on 45th Street and have some fun. Good luck all and I'll virtually see all of you in three weeks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Re: The MTM Ultimate Super Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious Season!

Post by COZ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:19 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:34 pm

15. Jay Lyons (tentative)

Mike, a helpful rule of thumb all of us at the Chicago Auction abide by is that even if Jay is paid in full & physically present in the draft room, he is always "TENTATIVE" until the draft is completed in full. :lol:
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Okay, the New York MTM Invitational Sprint Ultimate/Super League is now on Registration. Refunds should be there too, if not then very soon. Enjoy all and let's have fun in the Penthouse suite/office suite of Daniel Einhorn!!!

https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?fo ... ,5930,60,1
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm
Okay, the New York MTM Invitational Sprint Ultimate/Super League is now on Registration. Refunds should be there too, if not then very soon. Enjoy all and let's have fun in the Penthouse suite/office suite of Daniel Einhorn!!!

Daniel Einhorn?!! Must be a relative involved that I'm not aware of. :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:28 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Daniel Einhorn?!! Must be a relative involved that I'm not aware of. :lol:
Sorry, that's his brother. He always drafts with David and his son. But you're right, I meant David.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 pm

The league list of this year's die-hard, NFBC veteran competitors has been updated. Still possibly looking for a few good men to join us LIVE in NYC! Let's do this thing! 8-)

craiggebz

Post by craiggebz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm

I’m in if you will have me. Thanks!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 pm

craiggebz wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm
I’m in if you will have me. Thanks!
You're in, bro'! Welcome aboard for what is going to be the ride of your life starting draft day, July 18th. 8-)

Now just a couple of potential spots still available. Rare opportunity and not to be missed. So who else has what it takes and can pass my strict standards of a COVID-free pulse and a wallet for this season? :twisted: :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 am

Okay, the official signup list for this one is as follows:

NFBC New York MTM Invitational Ultimate/Super League
New York City
Saturday, July 18, 6 pm ET
1. Daniel Semsel
2. Mike Massotto
3. Jason Duponte
4. Jody Ryan
5. Michael Mager
6. Scott Fleming
7. Craig Gebhard
8. David Einhorn (defending champion) :D
9. Anthony Palavis
10. Samuel Horton

This just means these are the folks who are officially signed up. If you've committed to this league, please sign up online or contact me and I'll take care of your signup. Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 am
Okay, the official signup list for this one is as follows:

New York City
1. Daniel Semsel
2. Mike Massotto
3. Jason Duponte
4. Jody Ryan
5. Michael Mager
6. Scott Fleming
7. Craig Gebhard
8. Jody Ryan
9. David Einhorn (defending champion) :D

This just means these are the folks who are officially signed up. If you've committed to this league, please sign up online or contact me and I'll take care of your signup. Thanks all and good luck.
Jody likes it so much he’s doing two teams!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am

MTM is making progress here. NOW ONLY 2 GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT:

New York City
1. Daniel Semsel
2. Mike Massotto
3. Jason Duponte
4. Jody Ryan
5. Michael Mager
6. Scott Fleming
7. Ante Meich
8. David Einhorn (defending champion) :D
9. Anthony Palavis
10. Samuel Horton
11. thomas eschenfelder
12. Leonard Ringle (O)
13. Marc Perlmutter
14. Joe Thelen
15. Craig Gebhard
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season! SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 pm

So here's the official, official final list of league competitors for this year's event! True dedicated die-hards one and all, and some of the best of the best competition the NFBC has to offer. 8-) Looking forward to seeing all but two of these guys live due to travel restrictions, however, they will be joining us via Zoom for the pre-draft festivities and the draft itself with Greg moderating from Command Central in Iola, WI, the true hub of activity in America's heartland. :mrgreen:

1. Mike Massotto
2. Michael Mager
3. Daniel Semsel
4. David Einhorn
5. Jason Duponte
6. Samuel Horton (O)
7. Leonard Ringle (O)
8. Scott Fleming
9. Anthony Palavis/Eric Burd (O)
10. Jody Ryan
11. Marc Perlmutter
12. Craig Gebhard
13. Joe Thelen
14. Eddie Gillis (O)
15. Tom Eshenfelder (O)

There is sure to be Sirius coverage of the draft in some form which is getting worked out now, so be sure to tune in and follow along on Saturday, July 18th at 5:00 p.m. as we convene in NYC for the pre-game show and the draft itself which follows at 6:00 p.m.! A must listen! :D 8-)
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Since this came up on another thread, just wanted to give everyone a reminder that there will NO games beyond 60 as it pertains to this particular league as was the case when we had a 162 game season and 162 was it. So now with the shortened season, game 60 is it. That is all and just 12 days away from the big live event in NYC! 8-)