The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Greg Ambrosius

Re: The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 am

I apologize for not posting a big THANK YOU in this thread earlier. Thanking everyone on Twitter and email and on SiriusXM was good, but I need to acknowledge the participants here as well.

Thanks to Mike Massotto for doggedly keeping this league alive and for keeping the live aspect alive. We had 10 live drafters in New York City for the Super League and we hooked them up seamlessly with 5 teams Online. For the NFBC Main Event in New York City, we had 7 live drafters and 8 teams online. In fact, we had 12 owners/co-owners on Zoom at one time for that one, which was fantastic. Great job MTM and everyone involved.

Also a big THANKS to David Einhorn for not only hosting us in his business conference room but for providing dinner for the Super League participants. He offered that after winning this Ultimate League last year and rumor has it that there was fresh shrimp, lobster rolls and more goodies. Now that's the way to do it!! :D

And a big THANKS to all of the Zoom participants as well. It's crazy how we all know how to use this technology now. Everyone knew when to Mute themselves and when to Unmute for the calling of the picks, and there were no barking dogs or screaming kids in the background. Both drafts couldn't have gone smoother as I made the picks from Iola after everyone announced their picks live or on Zoom. It was very smooth.

And kudos to the live drafters in New York City, Adam Ronis and Michael deCavalcante for being great facilitators and the IT folks at David's office. It really did give a "live" feel to these drafts.

Next March I promise we'll do it live with everyone together. I just know we can get to that point. See you there, but until then good luck in all your leagues and thanks for making this one league very, very special. Well done all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: The MTM Ultimate Now Back with a Vengeance for its 9th Illustrious NFBC Season!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 am
I apologize for not posting a big THANK YOU in this thread earlier. Thanking everyone on Twitter and email and on SiriusXM was good, but I need to acknowledge the participants here as well.

Thanks to Mike Massotto for doggedly keeping this league alive and for keeping the live aspect alive. We had 10 live drafters in New York City for the Super League and we hooked them up seamlessly with 5 teams Online. For the NFBC Main Event in New York City, we had 7 live drafters and 8 teams online. In fact, we had 12 owners/co-owners on Zoom at one time for that one, which was fantastic. Great job MTM and everyone involved.

Also a big THANKS to David Einhorn for not only hosting us in his business conference room but for providing dinner for the Super League participants. He offered that after winning this Ultimate League last year and rumor has it that there was fresh shrimp, lobster rolls and more goodies. Now that's the way to do it!! :D

And a big THANKS to all of the Zoom participants as well. It's crazy how we all know how to use this technology now. Everyone knew when to Mute themselves and when to Unmute for the calling of the picks, and there were no barking dogs or screaming kids in the background. Both drafts couldn't have gone smoother as I made the picks from Iola after everyone announced their picks live or on Zoom. It was very smooth.

And kudos to the live drafters in New York City, Adam Ronis and Michael deCavalcante for being great facilitators and the IT folks at David's office. It really did give a "live" feel to these drafts.

Next March I promise we'll do it live with everyone together. I just know we can get to that point. See you there, but until then good luck in all your leagues and thanks for making this one league very, very special. Well done all.

Thanks Greg. A labor of love for sure, but all worth it in the end. Appreciate the efforts you guys took on your end to sanction these events and get them covered by SiriusXM. It was good to feel "normal" again for a few hours around a draft table with some of the best guys and the best competitors in the NFBC. Looking forward to March 2021 when hopefully ALL the NFBC live events will return in full bigger and better than ever. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry