MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now SOLD OUT!

Baseball Furies

MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:24 am

Okay, it's finally come to this. After a few year Robinson-Hiatus which drove me away from the format at this price point, I have decided that it's time to re-institute what has now been a 10 year tradition started by Max "I am not a fucking Mormon" Ogden. Max has been a long-time, mostly shitty NFBC player with a heart of gold who finally made a big splash last year with a his killer DC $1000 team finish. So congrats, Max, but it's time to restore this DC price point to its original glory! So no dead wood in this one (yes, that means you Heberlig/Robinson/and company :P ), and only serious drafting fanatics need apply. When this thing is ready for launch, it will be with a two-hour clock which we will mostly ignore except in the odd chance of a dire snag here and there. Otherwise I will be facilitating, and cell numbers for text alerts with creative harassment and belittling from me will be required and the norm. :P :lol: The pace will be set at nothing less than about 12 rounds per day. The league prize will be the usual $8000/$3000/$1000, and how about we all kick in a nice "side pot" since this seems like the newest craze soon to catch fire in the NFBC thanks the often misunderstood genius of KJ Duke until dumbed-down to a sixth grade level for the rest of us. :? ;)

Editor's Note:These words of praise nearly ensure that KJ is now obligated to jump on board for this one especially given the fact that I have generously donated to all three of his private draft incarnations this season, so he has no excuse. :mrgreen:

So who's game and wants to test their mettle against some of the best of the best in the NFBC Draft Champions format as we are closing in on the live events beginning in NY and Vegas just a little over three weeks away! 8-) Here is the list of NFBC luminaries who have harassed me about setting this up so far. A sign-up link for this draft will be set up for it as we get close to filling it, so for now, just post your name to this thread or reach out to me directly to add you to the list! Now let's make it happen by the weekend, and I WILL be recruiting you. 8-) 8-) 8-)

1. MTM
2. Scott Fleming
3. Phil Dussault
4. Simon Hanft
5. Chris Cosley
6. Clark Olson
7. Danny Bronski
8. Jim Ferrari
9. Alexander Krivosheev
10. Jody Ryan
11. Sam Horton
12. Scott Waggener
13. Kevin Kirves
14. Todd Cohen
15. Lucas Grant
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000!

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Wow! That was fast! NOW DOWN TO JUST EIGHT GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT IN THIS ONE! 8-)

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Thank you for the praise MTM, but given that we are already in 3 leagues together, I just cannot enter another contest with you where I will obviously, once gain, be playing for 2nd place.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:25 pm

You can add Alexander Krivosheev to the list. He's a West Coast guy who will try to be ready early in the morning (his time) to draft.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Ok, You know I draft fast, Real fast. I'm in if this starts sat or after. Friday night I'm drafting. I don't want to start before friday night unless I get 4 hours without getting texted to death. :D
jody ryan

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:21 pm

jdryan wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:05 pm
Ok, You know I draft fast, Real fast. I'm in if this starts sat or after. Friday night I'm drafting. I don't want to start before friday night unless I get 4 hours without getting texted to death. :D
I'm averaging 3 minutes per pick in my current draft so I'm fast as well but week-ends are tougher for me with the kids, especially mornings. If we can get this thing filled, Sunday afternoon would seem like a decent time to get this started.

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:53 pm

NFBC has implemented a 30 minute timer. Go all in.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:03 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:25 pm
You can add Alexander Krivosheev to the list. He's a West Coast guy who will try to be ready early in the morning (his time) to draft.
Perfect! Will need his cell number sent to me somehow. I think he may be one of my Twitter groupies. Ah the power of the MTM Marketing and Public Relations Machine! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: That's okay, Greg. You can stay mad at me all the way over to the bank. :P :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 am

jdryan wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:05 pm
Now why would I do such a thing like that, JR? ;) Done and done! We are shooting for a weekend (Sat/Sun) start, and at this rate, we might just pull this off and make it easily the fastest $1000 DC to fill in NFBC history. Another record. Let me go write this one down. There are so many to keep track of these days. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 am

cfolson wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:53 pm
NFBC has implemented a 30 minute timer. Go all in.

But I fucking love it! Let's see how this thing rounds into shape before going with the full nuclear option, Clark. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:19 am

NOW UNBELIEVABLY DOWN TO JUST FIVE GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT! 8-)

Who's with me?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:54 am

NOW JUST FOUR GUARANTEED SPOTS LEFT! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now Just 3 Spots Left!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:57 am

NOW DOWN TO JUST THREE SPOTS LEFT! LET'S FILL THIS THING BY TONIGHT AND GET READY FOR A SUNDAY LAUNCH! WHO WANTS IN FOR A CRACK AT SOME BIG DC MONEY? 8-)

Fuck Yeah!

Greg Ambrosius

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now Just 2 Spots Left!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:49 am

Add Kevin Kirves to the list. He's ready to dive in.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now Just 1 Spot Left!

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:38 pm

ALERT! WE ARE NOW AT DEFCON 4 FOR THIS BAD BOY! 8-) So who is gonna put us over the top to close thing out so we are drafting by Sunday at 12:00 p.m. EST? :D

Greg Ambrosius

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now Just 1 Spot Left!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:43 am

This is already on Registration: $1,000 Draft Champions, 2/23 12 pm ET.

Go ahead and sign up and be ready to start drafting tomorrow at Noon ET. Thanks and good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:01 am

Talk about your hardcore, die-hard crazies! These dudes just banged out nearly 22 rounds in day one of a $1000 entrance fee DC! :shock: 8-) I LOVE IT!Definitely went off the rails quickly with the way it all has shaken out so far with most approaching it like a high stakes, stand alone league. Great prep for the MTM Ultimate coming up in NYC in a little over two weeks for sure! :D 8-)

Baseball Furies

Re: MTM 2020 FAST DC $1000! Now SOLD OUT!

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:25 am

Finished this bad boy last night in about two and half days! :o 8-) Easily one of the most high-powered and difficult DC's of the entire NFBC drafting season, but AWESOME prep for the live events! This was officially my last draft now until the MTM Ultimate in NYC just a little over two weeks away! It's been quite the odyssey over the last few months dating way back to late October, but all the hard work has been put in, and now it's time to get ready for game time! See everyone on the battlefield soon. :D Can't wait!

Yours truly,

-MTM