Post by Ultrarunner » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Note two: cough on MTM too

Baseball Furies

Re: Coronavirus NFBC Travel

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Ultrarunner wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 pm
Note two: cough on MTM too

I will happily accept your cough with no reservations whatsoever, Colonel Sanders. :P

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

craiggebz

Post by craiggebz » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:26 am

Its not even about surviving. Its about the preventative measures that will be taken nation wide. Disregarding the seriousness of this sounds like MTM should be Trumps advisor.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Whatever. Do what you got to do. I myself am on my way to Vegas, baby! See you all there.

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:06 pm
Whatever. Do what you got to do. I myself am on my way to Vegas, baby! See you all there.

Here's your official version Wayne. Image

https://www.fastcompany.com/90469200/th ... m=webfeeds

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Stylin' :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:32 am

I just returned from a cruise yesterday. It had been planned for six months. I had no choice in whether I was going to be on that cruise or not.
When my wife says we're going on a cruise, we're going on a cruise. :D
Did I have trepidation of going at this point in time?
Sure.
The press has pounded this thing so hard that anybody with a tech device would feel that way.

But, you know what?
Not one person wore a mask.
No special measures were in place.
Nobody even seriously brought up the subject.
What all 3,000 of us did, was enjoy part of life.

If barricading yourself in your home with a constant stream of bad press in your ears is your thing. then do it!
If wanting to buy hand sanitizer on the black market, do that!
(Just to mess with you, that hand sanitizer passed through a dozen hands before you bought it. Use hand sanitizer before touching!)
It's fine though.You're living your life how you want and if you think that is best, that's alright.
An ounce of prevention is worth two in the bush and all that.

Unless something unrelated happens, I'll be in Las Vegas.
I'm old and a perfect victim for this virus.
Understood.
And if I die drafting?
What a fitting way for a guy like me to go! :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:40 am

So what you're saying Dan is that you're going to come to Las Vegas as the most tanned, ripped man in the live events, right?!!! :lol: Congrats on the relaxing cruise and I look forward to seeing that tan and a relaxed Doughboys. There's nothing better than a relaxed Doughboys.

That was my feeling in Florida last weekend too. Everyone enjoying the sun and fun of a live baseball game. I turned the news off for four solid days and felt refreshed. And I'm not downplaying the severity of it, but what you wrote is exactly what I felt last weekend in Florida.

Safe travels all and thanks for sticking with it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:47 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:40 am
So what you're saying Dan is that you're going to come to Las Vegas as the most tanned, ripped man in the live events, right?!!! :lol: Congrats on the relaxing cruise and I look forward to seeing that tan and a relaxed Doughboys. There's nothing better than a relaxed Doughboys.

That was my feeling in Florida last weekend too. Everyone enjoying the sun and fun of a live baseball game. I turned the news off for four solid days and felt refreshed. And I'm not downplaying the severity of it, but what you wrote is exactly what I felt last weekend in Florida.

If 'ripped' means my pants after all the food eaten, guilty! :lol:
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:40 am

We were minutes from boarding our ship.
I get a phone call from Tom asking the league number of a draft that Eddie Gillis and I were in.
My wife overhears and says, "We are not going to stop here while you look through all your drafts for that information!"
I responded to her as I pulled out my 'Drafting Notebook' , "No problem, I keep all my information right here."
She rolled her eyes.
I called Tom back, gave him the info, and we were on our way! :D
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:06 pm

craiggebz wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:26 am
Its not even about surviving. Its about the preventative measures that will be taken nation wide. Disregarding the seriousness of this sounds like MTM should be Trumps advisor.
Craig, first of all, we all know that Trump is a fucking moron when it comes to handling just about everything, and even a potential "epidemic" will be approached politically with everything in his own best interest no matter what the cost in human suffering or otherwise. However, let's not be hypocritical. Go back and research it, and you will find that every decade since the 60's the world has seen virus outbreaks, and what was the result of them all? Were we all wiped off the face of the Earth? No. Did people get sick and die? Yes. And what was the mass hysteria response back then that prevented it all and saved us from future viruses? Think about it. Can't remember, can you?

Do we need to put attention on this? Sure. But with 17 million people dying of infectious diseases worldwide annually, you're going to be hard-pressed to sell me on this one as being the one that will lay low the population and leads us all into an apocalypse for the few dozen or maybe the even the eventual thousands the coronavirus will kill. Diseases run in cycles, and your best bet in surviving them is taking care to keep yourself as healthy as possible and therefore your immune system functioning at its peak while taking all the proper hygiene precautions that you can. If you're waiting for the CDC, the WHO, this administration, big pharma, and the like to protect or save you, you're essentially fucked.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:10 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:32 am
I just returned from a cruise yesterday. It had been planned for six months. I had no choice in whether I was going to be on that cruise or not.
When my wife says we're going on a cruise, we're going on a cruise. :D
Did I have trepidation of going at this point in time?
Sure.
The press has pounded this thing so hard that anybody with a tech device would feel that way.

But, you know what?
Not one person wore a mask.
No special measures were in place.
Nobody even seriously brought up the subject.
What all 3,000 of us did, was enjoy part of life.

If barricading yourself in your home with a constant stream of bad press in your ears is your thing. then do it!
If wanting to buy hand sanitizer on the black market, do that!
(Just to mess with you, that hand sanitizer passed through a dozen hands before you bought it. Use hand sanitizer before touching!)
It's fine though.You're living your life how you want and if you think that is best, that's alright.
An ounce of prevention is worth two in the bush and all that.

Unless something unrelated happens, I'll be in Las Vegas.
I'm old and a perfect victim for this virus.
Understood.
And if I die drafting?
What a fitting way for a guy like me to go! :D
Go figure! A BIG +1 on this! And if Dough and Greg aren't dying of this, no one is. :lol:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:57 am

Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball League (NPB) will delay the start of the season, originally scheduled for March 20, due to the coronavirus outbreak, it said Monday.

“I personally believe that we have no choice but to postpone at this stage … We are aiming to open the season in April,” NPB Commissioner Atsushi Saito said at a press conference.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 am

At least we're not the only country with an unqualified imbecile in charge.

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/12 ... 8364137473

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:07 am

Boris stole this bit from Bill Burr.

https://youtu.be/O0Wa98LW-ZU

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Coronavirus testing in the U.S. is about to increase significantly. We already saw what the result of increased testing yielded in Italy. Yesterday the 5th largest tennis tournament in the world (BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells) was cancelled due to one individual in the same country testing positive. Vegas can't get here quick enough. I need the annual break from reality, or at least what the media is reporting as reality.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 pm
Per the CDC, in the five weeks since January 21st, a total of 15 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed or are presumptive positive cases in the United States (12 travel and 3 person-to-person). The eighth case in the US was reported by February 1st, so there have been seven in the last four weeks. The travel embargo has also been in place for four weeks and the quarantine period in two weeks.

In short, not exactly the numbers that will cause massive domestic travel interruptions.
It’s only been a little over a week since your post. Do you have updated metrics you can share?

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 am

COVID-19: Cases in the United States Reported to CDC*
Travel-related 72
Person-to-person spread 29

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

COVID-19: Cases among Persons Repatriated to the United States
Positive
Wuhan, China 3
Diamond Princess Cruise Ship¶ 46
¶ Cases have laboratory confirmation and may or may not have been symptomatic.

I hope this helps.
Charles Krauthammer

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am

Limited avail of tests w strict requirement by CDC of who can be tested. More tests now becoming available, but still govt-controlled criteria. You can't just walk into Dr office and say "test me" for corona.

Fear way overblown, number of infections way under-reported. Still no cases w kids showing serious symptoms. Don't see any of that changing anytime soon.

Govt/politicians love control; like 911 another big opportunity and they won't waste it, 'I've got this thing and it's (expletive) golden'. Congress working overtime on how they're gonna save you (companies/lobbyists) with bailouts/payouts.