Corona virus - NO BULLSHIT Thread

Purple Helmets

Re: Corona virus - NO BULLSHIT Thread

Post by Purple Helmets » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm

I think the unknown with the Coronavirus is what brings various viewpoints and concerns to this discussion. I'm reading as much as anybody on this situation and following the suggestions of those that I consider the true experts on this subject. With that, I'm 100% committed to being live in Vegas next week and I'm only a facilitator at this point as I haven't signed up to actually be a participant. That's how much I enjoy being around Greg, his team, and all of those who make the annual voyage to LV for the NFBC. And for those who happen to draft in leagues that I facilitate, I'll be dapping versus shaking hands and will have hand sanitizer to share to ensure I'm (we're) following the recommendations of the CDC and WHO. Greg, feel free to use me however needed as a facilitator or proxy to ensure your live events are as successful as possible. For those on the fence, I look forward to seeing you in Vegas but completely understand if your concerns end up outweighing the thrill and enjoyment of being live for the events.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:23 pm

I’ve talked to my friends in the medical industry, and none seem worried at this point. It’s a weird feeling at this point, as I think I’m under reacting yet still question if I am or not.

With that said, I’m 100% going to Vegas unless the government stops me. I’ll be available to help anyway I can.

All of this just sucks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Okay, I'm going to email this league privately, but from my count I see all 15 owners in our New York Friday 9 am ET $1400 Auction Championship league being present at the Stewart Hotel. Most of the owners in this group have been so supportive of the live events and have told me they are going to be there hell or high water!! This one really makes me happy. :D

Again, I'll email everyone in this league to be sure, but there's not a name on the list that has said they won't be there. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

We'll look at the other auctions soon and put a plan in place, but we're moving forward folks. Thanks to this 9 am auction league and let's give them a standing ovation!!!

Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Purple Helmets wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm
I think the unknown with the Coronavirus is what brings various viewpoints and concerns to this discussion.
I completely agree with this. I don't think it's smart to ignore this but I'm also not sure people should be panicking. I'm no medical expert by any means so like you all I can do is follow what the experts are saying and make the best possible decisions I can. Based on the information I have right now, nothing is stopping me from coming to NY to run our events. I understand everyone has to make their own decisions and I respect whatever that may be.

This is a unique situation none of us envisioned and it definitely sucks for all of us since we all look forward to these two weeks every year. But it's safety first and no one should put their health at risk at any time and especially not now. Hopefully we get more info in the days and weeks to come and hopefully our government gets a handle on things and is able to contain the situation before it gets way out of hand.

Like Greg said we are planning on running everything in NY, Chicago and Vegas as usual. So to everyone coming to New York I'll see you in a few days. Just don't get offended if I don't let you hug me. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Okay, now for the New York $2,500 Auction Championship league at 2:30 pm ET:

Again, this is a hearty, hearty group. Right now only one person isn't coming unless he feels better by tomorrow and one other owner is on the fence. We'll know more tomorrow, but it currently looks like 13 of 15 will be live and maybe even 14 of 15. Again, I'll send an email to all of these owners now, but damn this one looks good as well. Just like the 9 am group, these owners said they will be there hell or high water!!! :lol:

Maybe that's not exactly what they said, but many were defiant in their replies that they would be there. So with that in mind, a standing ovation for this group as well:

Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

HinkodMayo

Post by HinkodMayo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Greg, Tome & Darik: I will be there as well as this is like Christmas with my old man. Never miss this event unless you cancel the show. If you guys need any help with facilitating any drafts or me as a proxy let me know.... The only thing i want exchange is for some Corona's and to be far away from Tom... J/K :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:02 pm

HinkodMayo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm
Greg, Tome & Darik: I will be there as well as this is like Christmas with my old man. Never miss this event unless you cancel the show. If you guys need any help with facilitating any drafts or me as a proxy let me know.... The only thing i want exchange is for some Corona's and to be far away from Tom... J/K :lol:
Thanks Gabe and that's a deal. I mean the part as far away from Tom!!! :lol: I see you are like me, not shying away from the Corona's!! Let's support the cause my man.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Okay, again New York auction leagues appear to be holding up right now. I know Saturday afternoon seems like a long way away, but as of now 13 of 15 owners will be live for the 5 pm ET $1400 Auction Championship league. We have two who definitely have said they won't be there and we can handle that with two proxies. I'll even be one at that point. The Saturday 5 pm ET Solo Shot will be fine with everyone live or Online.

Okay, if this holds up, I'm giving another standing ovation as we can make this work:

Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Okay, so Sunday 2 pm ET New York $1400 Auction Championship league seems to be good to go as well, unless something changes between now and then. I've reached out to most owners and it looks like this one also has 13 of 15 who will be live and present. We can handle two owners on a phone with individual proxies and get through this. I'll be one of the proxies for sure.

Again, I can't tell you how surprised and happy I am after talking with so many folks today. This is Christmas Day for many of you and no snow storm or virus is keeping you away from opening your gifts. Again, I'm not trying to be naive about the virus, but I think many of you on the East Coast know how to get around the city and feel that once you get there everyone will do their best to be vigilant and safe. I'm hoping for the same thing.

Unless I'm wrong, we'll have 13 of 15 live on Sunday, so let's give this group a standing ovation:

Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm

HinkodMayo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm
You were the one person I was going to hug this trip too.

So much for that.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Okay, so last one for New York Auction Leagues: Friday $1400 league at 4 pm ET. We currently have 11 of 15 live in New York City, but one owner will give me his decision to do live or on phone tomorrow and another owner is ready to sell his team to someone who can do it live. So the goal is to have 13 of 15 live for this one as well. That's what we're working toward even if we have to sell one more team from a non-attending owner.

We will already have 2 proxies on the phone during the 2:30 pm $2500 Auction Championship league, so we don't want more than 2 here if we can help it. Again, MUCH THANKS to everyone who is planning to attend and we'll get this done and save the Auction Championship. All 15 owners are coming to Chicago as of now, so we could have 6 of the 12 leagues in the books soon.

I believe this one will work out, so here's a standing ovation for this group and for the Chicago Auction Championship league:

Please stay in touch everyone in case something unforeseen happens in the next two days, but as of now all 5 New York Auction Championship leagues are a go and we are staffed to make this work seamlessly. We will talk about Las Vegas after this weekend and deal with those auctions at the right time. But Las Vegas is moving ahead as well, so plan accordingly.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Thank you, Greg.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Philippe27 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 am
I cancelled my travel plans to NYC this morning. I'm 99.99% sure what I have is just a bad cold but I had fever last night and even if I feel better by Friday, I don't want to deal with airports like this. Also whatever it is, I'll still be contagious on Friday and I don't think anyone wants to risk catching what I have either and then have trouble flying back home.

Best case scenario would obviously be to do the auction online but I don't want to ruin the live experience for those that can make it so I'm trying to find a replacement for the $2,500 Auction otherwise I'll do it over the phone with Greg or Tom.
Congrats man for doing the right thing. 99.9% you just have a cold/flu but given everything, the right call. Its like giving up Christmas so I am sure you aren't happy... My wife in particular says thank you!!!

See you all in NYC. I will be there with clorox wipes and will be auctioning off Purell predraft :)

Chris

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Pains me to say this; however, I've cancelled my NFBC travel plans to Las Vegas and NYC. IF drafts still take place, I'll do online and IF "live" auctions take place, I'll do by phone. This SUCKS and is simply unbelievable.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Gekko, sorry to hear that but I understand and respect your decision - everyone has different situations and must do what is right for them and their family.

I was talking with Greg about this earlier, he was looking into PolyComs conference phones. If he can get conference room grade phones the auction will be dramatically better experience and will make it easier on everyone...

Chris
Last edited by Chthroop on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:51 pm

MLB will be suspending opening day until at least May 1.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Greg, being that same 'guy' as Mark....

Besides me going into a deep depression, what happens if baseball season is cancelled?

Does everybody receive their credits and money back? How would it work?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:51 pm
MLB will be suspending opening day until at least May 1.
I’m hearing that rumor as well

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Besides me going into a deep depression, what happens if baseball season is cancelled?

Dough - haven't you ever heard the phrase "Do not ask the Question unless you can afford the answer?"

If the Season is shortened to 120 Games... Advantage early drafters who have completed or those waiting to draft?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Dough - haven't you ever heard the phrase "Do not ask the Question unless you can afford the answer?"

If the Season is shortened to 120 Games... Advantage early drafters who have completed or those waiting to draft?
I'm not talking shortened. I'm talking cancelled.
On my tombstone-

craiggebz

Post by craiggebz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:04 pm

WHUT

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:07 pm

Fair question?
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:11 pm

I have no 'new info'.
Just curiosity more than anything else.
On my tombstone-

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:16 pm

Dan, from the rules (Legal):

Cancellation
At its sole discretion, SportsHub Games Network, Inc. reserves the right to terminate any NFBC game, event or league at any time prior to the completion of the season due to any acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, change in applicable law, interruption of the season (including strikes, lockouts and/or use of replacement players), or any other situation beyond the control of SportsHub Games Network, Inc.. In the event of any such termination by SportsHub Games Network, Inc., all entry fees will be refunded, with the exception of any live event fees (if such live event has already occurred).

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:19 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:16 pm
Dan, from the rules (Legal):

Cancellation
At its sole discretion, SportsHub Games Network, Inc. reserves the right to terminate any NFBC game, event or league at any time prior to the completion of the season due to any acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, change in applicable law, interruption of the season (including strikes, lockouts and/or use of replacement players), or any other situation beyond the control of SportsHub Games Network, Inc.. In the event of any such termination by SportsHub Games Network, Inc., all entry fees will be refunded, with the exception of any live event fees (if such live event has already occurred).
Thanks Glenn. Appreciated.
On my tombstone-