Corona virus - NO BULLSHIT Thread

Yah Mule

Re: Corona virus - NO BULLSHIT Thread

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Italy is shutting down basically everything except supermarkets and pharmacies.

Dave Duncan

Post by Dave Duncan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53 pm

I really hope Greg and Tom do the right thing and postpone any drafts/auctions until there is more clarity.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:31 am

To reiterate: Cancellation Policy

At its sole discretion, SportsHub Games Network, Inc. reserves the right to terminate any NFBC game, event or league at any time prior to the completion of the season due to any acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, change in applicable law, interruption of the season (including strikes, lockouts and/or use of replacement players), or any other situation beyond the control of SportsHub Games Network, Inc.. In the event of any such termination by SportsHub Games Network, Inc., all entry fees will be refunded, with the exception of any live event fees (if such live event has already occurred).

This covers us, whether the season starts, stops, or never happens, so why stress yourselves over something that is still an unknown at this point? I could understand if we'd all be out the money. And before anyone blows a gasket, I refer you back to the Swine Flu Pandemic of 2009. Go look it up and research it. Much worse though minus the mass hysteria...and baseball went on. As a matter of fact, Pedro Martinez has stated that he and other members of the Phillies had the Swine Flu during the 2009 World Series. No games were cancelled the entire season. But will the mass hysteria of today on what is going on with the Coronavirus cause a delay to the season or cancellation of games? We don't know at this point, so the show must go on. And again to reiterate, we are covered, and I'm quite sure Greg and Tom would do the right thing by us in terms of the money (other than games 163+ of course :P ) if it came down to a catastrophic situation. And what are we supposed to do next year, not draft due to a threat of a possible strike? So let's all enjoy it as much as we can before the zombie apocalypse takes full hold. :roll: :lol:

Greg/Tom, I will be there in NY and Vegas and will draft as many teams as possible in addition to mine if need be...of course at a very generous discount. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. And I find it very interesting that the NCCA is still playing all the games of the tournament albeit devoid of fans at the venues. Wonder why this is?
$$$ ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 am

Guys, Greg and I are driving to the airport now. We’ll post as soon as we can. We’re taking this situation seriously and we’ll provide an update in a separate thread later today. We are both still currently planning on flying to NY.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:07 am

Following up - the newsletter that just went out was pre-scheduled so the information in it regarding to NY is obviously subject to change. Apologies for any confusion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:08 am

Guys, I will create an official NFBC thread as soon as I can. As Tom said, we just arrived in Milwaukee to catch a flight to New York shortly. Obviously things have changed dramatically in the last 12 hours. I actually went to bed as the NBA news was hitting and realized immediately that everything has changed.

I’m typing on a phone and can’t grab mass emails or converse with people easily right now. And Major League Baseball hasn’t made any decision on the season and might not until tomorrow.

We need to hear MLB’a plans before officially postponing anything at this point. But yes we need to make a call very soon. Auctions seem almost impossible at this point but let me land first. Drafts are still on for this weekend if most people are online, but again we need more info from MLB. We will figure out Las Vegas as soon as we can but let’s figure out this weekend first.

I will create an official NFBC thread when I can and make the best decision I can about everything as soon as I can. Please leave that thread just for me to provide updates when I can. Thanks.

We trust you. You trust us. We will not put anybody in jeopardy. We will make the right decisions. We will refund if needed. Just give me time as I’m typing all this on a phone in an airport. Thanks. Just give me time to land and get on a computer. More soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius