MLB Season Postponed (edit: official)

Gekko

Re: MLB Season Postponed?

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm

76erfan wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:08 pm
at least two weeks is the word
MLB makes official that it has cancelled the rest of spring training, delayed start of the reg season at least 2 weeks

MLB says it will continue to assess and remain flexible about a 2020 sked but no firm plans yet

Edwards Kings

Re: MLB Season Postponed?

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
I think that it is obvious that there will be some sort of delay to the start of the MLB season, but there WILL be a season. It sucks that it may be abbreviated, but this may come with the territory no matter what in other extenuating circumstances that could come up. We all know that going in whether we care to acknowledge it or not. At this point we are all in the same boat, and on the same level playing field. Hold the damn drafts whether people want to do them on line or live in small, controlled gatherings (it's not like there is going to be more than 100 of us max in any one confined space and for one morning at most), and let the chips fall where they may. We all have to cope with a shit situation. Why make it worse my adding more misery to it my cancelling something we all look forward to and love when it can be managed sanely and safely? And if anyone thinks this is still too dangerous, then you shouldn't really be leaving your house at all until this all blows over, which it will believe it or not.
Totally agree. I have not changed my plans nor will I contemplate until Greg/Tom/Darik give us the word.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Re: MLB Season Postponed (edit: official)

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:33 pm

MLB went way out on a limb and postponed for two weeks. Amazing.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/288 ... g-training

This isn't going to get solved in two weeks. I think we will take a more demanding stand. Just give me a bit to figure this all out.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:33 pm

This isn't going to get solved in two weeks. I think we will take a more demanding stand. Just give me a bit to figure this all out.
With MLB's announcement, I am on board with suspending (postponing?) drafts until this passes & the outlook of this pandemic is more definitive. All drafts, including auctions, thought not ideal, can be done online & completed during the preparation to whenever the games begin again. All the fun has been sucked out of this through nobody's fault other than the Communist Party of China (CPC) & a cooling off/suspending period is necessary until more time passes & decisions can be made when more definitive information is known. I for one am not in the mood to draft now but will be when or if things stabilize & once the season hopefully starts. Until then, I am on board with suspending drafts for anyone who signed up prior to this mess & let those who want to assume the risk of future unknowns draft now & assume that risk.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:56 pm

COZ wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:54 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:33 pm

With MLB's announcement, I am on board with suspending (postponing?) drafts until this passes & the outlook of this pandemic is more definitive. All drafts, including auctions, thought not ideal, can be done online & completed during the preparation to whenever the games begin again. All the fun has been sucked out of this through nobody's fault other than the Communist Party of China (CPC) & a cooling off/suspending period is necessary until more time passes & decisions can be made when more definitive information is known. I for one am not in the mood to draft now but will be when or if things stabilize & once the season hopefully starts. Until then, I am on board with suspending drafts for anyone who signed up prior to this mess & let those who want to assume the risk of future unknowns draft now & assume that risk.
Correct. Working on that now. All Mains, Ultimates, Solo Shots, Auction Championships will likely be postponed shortly. I will announce after my 4:00 meeting.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:13 pm

The prudent thing to do at this point. Looking forward to the official word.

Thanks Greg.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:19 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:13 pm
The prudent thing to do at this point. Looking forward to the official word.

Thanks Greg.

Same here