OFFICIAL NFBC STATEMENT

Greg Ambrosius

OFFICIAL NFBC STATEMENT

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:59 am

Everyone: It is impossible to move forward with any of the six live Auction Championship leagues scheduled for this weekend in New York and Chicago.

This weekend’s live auctions are officially cancelled.

Let us move all of these to TBD on your team pages and we will deal with refunds or move that money to other contests later. Please give us all a few days before we deal with that but refunds are guaranteed if you want it.

We need direction from MLB about a timeline, but it’s obvious there is no way to host live auctions. Tom and I will be in New York shortly and I will email everyone involved in those leagues then. If we have 15 owners in New York tomorrow who want to do something live (anything) we will be there to host.

The Chicago and New York drafts are still a go for now this weekend. Give me time to land in New York and see what that looks like before making a decision. But we had to act quickly and decisively on auctions now and we have.

Will we add online auctions later? Maybe. We need more info before finalizing all of that. Same with Las Vegas next weekend. Give us a little time.

I’m getting on my flight now. Sorry all but hopefully the season will go on and when it does we will be ready. Stay tuned and please be safe everyone.

Thanks for your patience and sorry it has come to this, but we all have to do what’s right. Stay well.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chthroop

Re: OFFICIAL NFBC STATEMENT

Post by Chthroop » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

Hi,
Clearly you guys are dealing with a highly fluid situation. We are supportive of you and the nfbc.

I am ready to be there tomorrow morning at 9am. Hopefully we can do a 15 person auction. Can we get 14 others? A friend of mine Harry B will also do a team

Alternatively, why don’t we just move to Online auctions at the same time?

Regards

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 am

We understand the decision on auctions. Better safe than sorry. But can we not do some online ? If not this weekend, then hopefully sometime soon. Tough call guys, but you have my support. This is unchartered territory.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am

The MTM Ultimate will go off as planned minus anyone who feels the need to stay home unless I hear otherwise. We will patch people in one way or another for the live Iron Balls KDS draft spot draw (I had the balls made and just finished sterilizing them :roll: , so I'l be damned if I'm not going to use them). Our celebrity draft facilitator will be there, as hopefully will the SiriusXM team for the live coverage. Too many of us who want to be there have committed way too much time, money, and other sacrifice to be there for these live events. It's a personal choice at this point if people want to draft on line or be there live. Auctions are one thing, but drafts are easily enough done and a work around can be facilitated. So unless MLB does something crazy like cancel the season, we should go forward as planned hoping for the best with a contingency plan for the worst if there is a delay to the season or whatever. This is how rational and sane people handle these types of situation. There is plenty of hysteria and panic going on on other threads of these message boards if this is more to your liking, so feel free to check them out. I will continue to keep everyone posted on the MTM Ultimate, as I hear more from Greg and Tom.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:40 am

The big problem for drafting now is WHEN IS THE SEASON GOING TO START !!!! MAY 1 , JUNE 1 , can't draft big money league when don't know how many games are going to be played????

craiggebz

Post by craiggebz » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am

I will be there Friday between 1-3pm depending on if my 8:30am meeting ends early and I can catch 11am or 1pm train. Both of my auctions are cancelled and I definitely want in a live auction if we can come together as a group. Im prepared for whatever and proxy if need be as well.
Today is my 38th birthday and the world is ending. FML

CHEERS 🍻

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:56 am

Greg,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I can't imagine how incredibly tough this must be on you and team.

It appears likely that MLB will indefinitely suspend the season. Given that we have little time between right now and the scheduled start of some main events, ultimates, solos, etc, I do not feel comfortable putting up large amounts of money without more information about a starting date.

I'm currently a half owner in tomorrow's ultimate and in saturday's main event. based on the information we have now, if those leagues are not cancelled by the NFBC, can I receive a refund, please?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:14 am

Gekko wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:56 am
Greg,

Thank you for keeping us updated. I can't imagine how incredibly tough this must be on you and team.

It appears likely that MLB will indefinitely suspend the season. Given that we have little time between right now and the scheduled start of some main events, ultimates, solos, etc, I do not feel comfortable putting up large amounts of money without more information about a starting date.

I'm currently a half owner in tomorrow's ultimate and in saturday's main event. based on the information we have now, if those leagues are not cancelled by the NFBC, can I receive a refund, please?
People like you, Mark, won't be satisfied until you bring the whole ship down with you. Instead of just saying that you're going to sit this season out a couple weeks ago when the shit started hitting the fan in your mind, you feel the need to sow as much doubt, despair, doom, and gloom as possible in everyone else so they'll hopefully start thinking like you so you can feel better about your own irrational fears while showing yourself to be the true team player you're showing yourself to be. So do us all a favor, and let the powers that be make the informed, rational decisions not based on your opinions and hearsay. And in the meantime, you're not getting any refund as much as anyone else isn't until a decision comes down from the top that this is what's going to happen. For better of for worse, there will be baseball this year whether it's to your liking or not. So go sell crazy someplace else.

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 am

Last edited by Gekko on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 am

Gekko wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:15 am
Hey Mike - go fuck yourself
Intelligent, rational response as expected.

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 am

Obviously this is a very difficult situation, and I do not envy anybody in a position to make tough decisions. But it is clear that any live event occurring over the next two weekends needs to be cancelled. It's simply reckless to move forward with them. The earlier that decision is made, the better. There's the separate issue that the season won't start until perhaps May or June, but at least that issue isn't potentially deadly to the elderly family/community members of those compelled to take part in these live events.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 am

Last edited by Gekko on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:26 am

'According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, Major League Baseball is expected to suspend Grapefruit League play on Thursday.
Cactus League play will presumably be suspended as well and there is a very good chance that the start of the MLB regular season is going to be delayed as a result of growing worldwide coronavirus concerns. Look for an official announcement within the next few hours from MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, who has been meeting all morning with league executives. Opening Day, as currently scheduled, is exactly two weeks away.'
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:29 am

Hey....you know damn well you can NOT have a refund. The whole NFBC would collapse if people are allowed refunds. You can offer suggestions for possible solutions, but no refunds.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am

Knock it off guys. This is a difficult situation for everyone. None of us are happy to be canceling leagues. This sucks and Greg, I and Darik hate it. But we don’t need to be attacking one another. Give us some time to figure this all out and let’s all respect one another’s decisions. Thanks
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:31 am

Folks, Greg specifically asked us not to clutter this thread. Please start a new thread to air your personal grievances.

There will be an announcement soon from Greg about all of this.

mbendar16

Post by mbendar16 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am

Guys, I think Greg said in another thread to leave this one for Official NFBC statements. That ship has sailed, but let's give Greg/Tom and team the time to settle into NY, see what news comes throughout the day today and make the best decision for all of us. They have so much to deal with/make decisions on no matter what MLB decides to do with the season. We will all be able to draft at the appropriate time, whenever that will wind up being. There are no live drafts today, so let’s give them the time they need to make the best decisions they can for tomorrow and this weekend.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:39 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 am
Knock it off guys. This is a difficult situation for everyone. None of us are happy to be canceling leagues. This sucks and Greg, I and Darik hate it. But we don’t need to be attacking one another. Give us some time to figure this all out and let’s all respect one another’s decisions. Thanks
Apologies, Tom.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Well my request to not post on this thread went unheeded. Thanks.

I’ve landed in New York City and will create a new thread within the hour. We know what we have to do if Major League Baseball gets off their asses and makes the right call. We aren’t afraid of eating these live event costs if it means fair online drafts later. So no need for the shit posts here and MTM I totally agree with you.

Let me get to my hotel and you will see a lot more of me and hopefully with a clear game plan.

That being said there are some New Yorkers asking us to hold a private auction league tomorrow at the Stewart Hotel. That’s possible, but let me email everyone first. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius