Why I think baseball needs to return at some point

Donacion

Why I think baseball needs to return at some point

Post by Donacion » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am

I was talking to my wife about baseball eventually returning and why I thought it would help the country. I was working I the New York area in 2001 and I still remember the Mike Piazza home run. Whenever I think baseball is just a game I can cue up Mike Piazza’s homer.

Can’t wait for draft thanks Greg and Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhH6yZ8lxw

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Why I think baseball needs to return at some point

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:07 pm

I think we all feel the same way, Joe.
Life for us is in slow motion.
With little outside entertainment and hardly any contact beyond our family with others, our lives have been changed.
When working hard at our jobs and following sports, especially baseball, our days go by fast.
Now, I swear there are 36 or even 48 hours in a day.

I'm not going to give the James Earl Jones speech about baseball.
But during wars and times of terror and strife, baseball has been a constant.
Baseball has held our hands for years giving us added interest in the newspaper, radio, tv, and online. No matter what was happening in our own personal lives, baseball was marching on. Always there for us.
Without baseball, we have changed.
With baseball, we may have signed an email with "Go Cubs" or "Go Yankees". Now,.... it is "Stay safe".
Baseball has been stopped.
There is no normalcy to our lives. No player or teams to follow. No box score. No baseball.
We need normalcy. We treasure normalcy. Freedoms taken for granted, before this virus stripped us of those freedoms that kept our lives in tune.
Baseball, one of those freedoms taken from us.
We're not the same in America.
We're broken. But only as individuals.
America is not broken. Together, we're as strong as we've ever been. We're just on hold.
When our America returns. The America that we know returns, then baseball returns.
And you're right. Baseball, indeed, needs to return at some point.
There is a void. A void felt coast to coast.
We are not the same.
America needs baseball.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!