Re: OFFICIAL NFBC STATEMENT ON 60-GAME SEASON

Post by gellin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:00 pm
gellin wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 pm

I had a co-worker in the baseball card industry who had Yogi-isms spew out of his mouth faster than Yogi could. He said he interviewed a show promoter once who was having a tough show getting attendees and his show was really going to lose money. Duke said, "he told me, put your shoes in my shoes and then you'll know how I feel." :lol:

I think Duke got the quote wrong, but I knew what the show promoter was saying. :lol:

If star players decide not to play it will suck for every contest. No, FAAB leagues are grinding 27-week leagues unlike Draft 'n Play. You have 27 bench spots in Draft 'n Play and you can more easily plug and play your replacements. I don't agree with the analogy. Sorry.
OK, let me put it another way, in your original statement you said you're refunding FAAB leagues because they'll only have 9+ weeks of FAAB, which isn't fair. So, if 9+ weeks of FAAB isn't fair for previously drafted leagues, why is 9+ weeks of FAAB fair for the Main Event and other FAAB leagues that will draft in the coming weeks?
Because NOBODY has drafted in those formats Alan. I don't have to refund anybody who doesn't like this FAAB format. In fact, I've already refunded everyone who had undrafted FAAB teams like the Platinum, Diamond, Ultimate, Super, Main, Solo Shot. If you don't like only 10 FAAB periods, you don't have to play.

My decision affected already drafted teams and we didn't feel it was fair to force that format on them. Hope this helps.
I think I understand now. Thanks Greg.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi Greg, I thought I'd ask you before assuming makes an ass outta me....

In your initial post on this thread, it states 'New position eligibility will be earned once a player plays 4 games (37% of 10 games) at a new position.'

Will it take eight games at a new position to carry that position into 2021?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:42 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Hi Greg, I thought I'd ask you before assuming makes an ass outta me....

In your initial post on this thread, it states 'New position eligibility will be earned once a player plays 4 games (37% of 10 games) at a new position.'

Will it take eight games at a new position to carry that position into 2021?
It will be 7 games played this year to earn position eligibility next season. 60 games x .123% = 7.4, so we'll round down and make it 7 for next year.

Hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:36 pm

If I sign up for a contest, will my pre-rankings carry over from March? This definitely has some effect on my decision.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:04 pm

While no one responded to my question, I did finally sign up for a league and saw my pre-rankings did in fact survive. :)
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:36 am

I think it was appropriate for the first MLB game of the crazy 2020 shortened season to be cancelled after 5+ innings by rain. Having commissioner Rob Manfred on ESPN at the time with lightening bolts in the background and over his shoulder (or did one look like it went right through his skull? I had a bad angle on that one) seemed appropriate as well.

It's going to be a wild ride folks, as we saw on Day 1. Does Juan Soto have coronavirus or not? Do you bench him for this weekend's games or take the chance that his tests were false negatives? Isn't that two negatives, which makes it a positive? Man, I can't even keep up with all of this.

All I know is that I saw baseball last night and it wasn't near enough. Let's get a full slate of games tonight and really get this season rolling. Thanks again to everyone in the NFBC community for supporting this crazy Sprint season and let's make the most of it. Enjoy everyone and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius