Game 163 in 2020

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Game 163 in 2020

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:38 am

craiggebz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm
Our voices have been heard! There will be no play in games with the new 16 playoff teams. Ties broken mathematically.
That’s all I have to say about that 🍫 :lol:
Can you imagine the NFBC changing the playoff format a few hours before the first game of the season? There would have been Holy Hell from MTM's moutaintop to Doughboys' quiet kitchen!! :lol: I mean, NOBODY does that.

But Rob Manfred just did. He went from 10 MLB playoff teams to 16 just like that. I HATE IT. I swear that Rob Manfred doesn't understand baseball at all. He doesn't appreciate the regular season like regular baseball fans do. But allowing more than half of the teams into the playoffs, it makes the regular season meaningless, or at least less meaningful. BY A LOT. :shock: I swear the owners don't understand their own product either.

That being said, I'm glad to have no play-in games this year. 60 games if we get there and that's it. Oh, I'm sure it's going to be fun reciting the new tie-breaker formulas on the last day of the season, but whatever. No play-in games for 2020 is good by me. The only good thing to come out of these expanded playoffs.

Didn't the owners say they couldn't go beyond 60 regular season games this year because the second wave of coronavirus was coming then? But they can add 20+ more playoff games this year without the blink of an eye?? Hmmm, sounds like money was involved.

Okay, enjoy the season and look for a wild NFBC Post-Season Contest at season's end. With 16 teams, it's time to fix the rules and get this ready for Registration. Damn, I hope we get that far.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius