NFBC Main Event Format For 60-Game Season

gellin

Re: NFBC Main Event Format For 60-Game Season

Post by gellin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am

Will there be any drafts during the day?

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am

I love the format Greg, I'm definitely getting the Grand Slam package and will do my best to promote it as much as I can.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:20 am

Greg - Do you have any Pete Rose autographed baseballs you can use to sweeten the pot for owners considering the Grand Slam Package? 8-)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 am

gellin wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am
Will there be any drafts during the day?
Yes. We know that the summer months are busy for everyone, so we will try to mix in day and night drafts without spreading ourselves too thin. The schedule is our job today, so look for it later today.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BEF

Post by BEF » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 am

OK, I'll play the contrarian: I think that everything should just be pro-rated, like the player salaries, at roughly 37%. So an entry fee of $625 leads to a grand prize of $55,000. If that lower fee generates a higher number entries you can upwardly adjust the payoffs as soon as the season begins.
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 am

Gekko wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:20 am
Greg - Do you have any Pete Rose autographed baseballs you can use to sweeten the pot for owners considering the Grand Slam Package? 8-)
I do, but I threw them through the office window yesterday while reading my Twitter notifications. :oops: Let me sort through the glass to get them wiped off.

Nah, I'm keeping those for remembrance sake. I was desperate to get you fools in 2004; I'm just going with whoever wants to compete in this shortened season this year and will run with whatever numbers we end up with. I have no idea if you all will support this or not, but we can't quit yet.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 am

BEF wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 am
OK, I'll play the contrarian: I think that everything should just be pro-rated, like the player salaries, at roughly 37%. So an entry fee of $625 leads to a grand prize of $55,000. If that lower fee generates a higher number entries you can upwardly adjust the payoffs as soon as the season begins.
Might as well play OCS if you want to be in that price range. I'd have no interest in an entry price that low for the ME and I think it would damage the prestige of the event. The asterisk next to Wayne's head would have to be larger than this head.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am

Greg this looks fantastic. I do not see the TBD signup section, but I’m going to use all my refunded money for good use, I want 6 ME. So you can sign me up if you want on the site and deduct $7,200 from my account.

Wardog

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am
Greg this looks fantastic. I do not see the TBD signup section, but I’m going to use all my refunded money for good use, I want 6 ME. So you can sign me up if you want on the site and deduct $7,200 from my account.

Wardog
Awesome Dan and I'll take care of you shortly. We are finalizing the schedule now and will create new dates and times soon. We can always add or delete more offerings later, but this will be a good starting point.

I can't wait to start a new signup list. It was sad yesterday to see thousands of entries and drafted teams disappear!! :(

I thought I'd seen everything through 17 years of this and 31 years in the fantasy sports industry, but I guess not. Even these last two days are nothing I've ever seen before. I may have to write a book someday!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

We have submitted the Main Event budget to management and away we go.

$1200 with Special Packages it is. $100,000 grand prize. Let's hope the support is there to sell this baby out.

May the best sprinter in the NFBC win $100,000 and join our illustrious group of past champions. We will post the Schedule of Events and open this contest up on Registration this afternoon. Look for a new Contest thread/Signup list shortly. Thanks all and let's go.

Man, has this been a whirlwind last 48 hours or what? I don't think there's another commissioner in baseball who has worked this hard!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:42 am

KJ Duke wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 am
BEF wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 am
Might as well play OCS if you want to be in that price range. I'd have no interest in an entry price that low for the ME and I think it would damage the prestige of the event. The asterisk next to Wayne's head would have to be larger than this head.
But as you well know, nothing is bigger than my head!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:05 pm

REGISTRATION IS LIVE FOR THE 2020 SPRINT MAIN EVENT!!!! :D

Philippe Dussault is the first contestant in the 2020 Sprint Main Event with a Grand Slam Package 4-pack!!! Here we go. I'll start a new thread with the signup list and the details, so here we go. No turning back now guys.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:20 am
I am in at either of the price points.

My only concern is I do not want a Roger Maris-style asterisk after my name when I win the overall this year!

Wayne, this is Fantasy Baseball, not Fantasy Island. An asterisk next your name should be the least of your concerns. :P :lol:

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:01 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:58 pm
Edwards Kings wrote:

My only concern is I do not want a Roger Maris-style asterisk after my name when I win the overall this year!

Wayne, this is Fantasy Baseball, not Fantasy Island. An asterisk next your name should be the least of your concerns. :P :lol:

Well Mike, some fantasies do come true. You got to meet me after all! :lol:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:01 am
Baseball Furies wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:58 pm
Edwards Kings wrote:

Well Mike, some fantasies do come true. You got to meet me after all! :lol:

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry