Welcome To The Sprint Best Ball Private Leagues

Greg Ambrosius

Welcome To The Sprint Best Ball Private Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:07 pm

We understand that not everyone is excited about the new revamped MLB season, knowing that 60 games is more of a sprint than a marathon. But we also know that a lot of our customers still want some action during this 10-week sprint and maybe drafting the best Best Ball team is the way to go.

In April we introduced the NFBC Double Ups, a 10-team, 42-round Best Ball private league with no FAAB. This will be a total points contest through the 60-game season with the Top 5 teams in each league doubling their $100 entry fee to $200. Not a bad way to double your money.

Here's that contest link and Registration:

https://nfc.shgn.com/rules_new/654
https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?for=0;654

We are working on one more Best Ball private league right now. I think we'll call it the NFBC Sprint Best Ball League. Again, private league, 10 teams per league, 42 rounds at $100 per team and optimal scoring for all 10 weeks of the season. We'll pay the Top 2 teams this way:

NFBC Sprint Best Ball League
$100 Per Team, 10 Team Leagues, 42 Rounds
Optimal Scoring Each Week
1st Place - $700
2nd Place - $150

That's an 85% payback for just drafting and watching your team succeed. No FAAB. Just draft and let the computer take over. Same Cutline scoring format for both contests and we'll offer 4-hour and 2-hour leagues along with nightly Express leagues at 55 seconds per pick.

Darik will create this contest tonight and we'll get it on Registration tonight. Again, not a bad way to enjoy a 60-game season, while getting your drafting fix in July!! :lol: Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

LittleKingKen

Re: Welcome To The Sprint Best Ball Private Leagues

Post by LittleKingKen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

I will definitely do some of these. I have been wanting this format for a while, and if i am not mistaken it has never existed. i think, the closest thing was cutline, but cutline has a couple of FAABs.

I hope these stick around. I mean nobody really wants to set a lineup every week in Draft Champions leagues anyway!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:00 pm

LittleKingKen wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm
I will definitely do some of these. I have been wanting this format for a while, and if i am not mistaken it has never existed. i think, the closest thing was cutline, but cutline has a couple of FAABs.

I hope these stick around. I mean nobody really wants to set a lineup every week in Draft Champions leagues anyway!!
I think this format has a chance to stick. I agree with you, the Cutline does have the two FAAB periods and a nice overall grand prize, but maybe this format will stick and allow people to just draft and be done. Let's see what the response is. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 pm

It's one of my favorite options on the yahoo bestball leagues; pretty similiar setup as well one thing different is there is also a weekly payout ($5-10 lol not much but can pay for a daily lineup lol) for top scoring team in addition to overall 1-3 finishers

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:00 pm
LittleKingKen wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

I think this format has a chance to stick. I agree with you, the Cutline does have the two FAAB periods and a nice overall grand prize, but maybe this format will stick and allow people to just draft and be done. Let's see what the response is. Thanks.
Agreed Ken, I've been wanting an optimal scoring DC format for baseball too.