NFBC To Offer Sprint High-Stakes Contests

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC To Offer Sprint High-Stakes Contests

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Okay, we have two national contests on Registration for the 60-game sprint to the finish line: Main Event and Rotowire Online Championship. We've added Satellite Leagues, Qualifier Leagues, Best Ball private leagues and online auction private leagues. What's next?

Well, there are still some owners who want to compete in private high-dollar leagues, so let's take a look at the schedule and see what we can fit in and what we can fill. We don't have anything on Registration just yet as I'm talking with owners who were in these league before to see what kind of interest we have.

So previously we had a full Platinum League, a full Diamond League, a full Diamond Auction League, two full Ultimate Leagues, an Ultimate Auction League and five full 15-team Super Leagues and a full 12-team Super League. Those were the good ol' days!! :lol:

But with a 60-game season, it's going to be impossible to match that total. We've already eliminated the Platinum league and will try for one Diamond League. We don't have a draft date yet, but I'm thinking about Wednesday, July 22nd at 8 pm ET Online. We'll make sure we have a Zoom meeting room for this one as well so that folks can smack talk beforehand and one of us can provide some chatter during the draft. It will probably be me.

If we can't fill that league, we'll move to an Ultimate League. At this point through my conversations, I'm seeing interest in a Diamond and Supers, but not much inbetween. But let me know if anyone has interest at the $5,000 level. The Ultimate could be on Tuesday, July 21st at 8 pm ET or replace the Diamond on Wednesday night. We will try for a Super on Tuesday night as well and maybe Monday, July 20th at 8 pm ET if there's interest in two. The MTM Invitational in New York City will be a Super on Saturday, July 18th at 6 pm ET.

Okay, we don't have anyone signed up just yet, but here's folks who are interested. If you can't do it on these certain dates let me know and we'll try to figure out alternatives. But we have to put our marker in the sand go from there.

Thanks all and send feedback or interest to me at [email protected]. Good luck.

Here's the tentative schedule and interest list:

NFBC Diamond Online League with Zoom
Wednesday, July 22, 8 pm ET
1. Glenn Schroter
2. Nicholas Sackett/Brian Slack
3. Bill Phipps/Eric Kesselman
4. Jim Ferrari
5. Doug Moe
6. KC Cha
7. Ken O'Brien
8. Andy Robinson
9. Paul Jager
10. Larry Schechter
11. Joe Martens
12. Joe Berg
13. David DiDonato (possible)
14. Brad Miller (tentative)

NFBC Ultimate Online League with Zoom
Tuesday, July 21, 8 pm ET
1. Danny Katz (Ultimate or Super)
2. Brad Miller (Ultimate or Diamond)
3. KC Cha

NFBC Super Online League
Monday, July 20, 8 pm ET
1. Gaetan Lavoie
2. Russell Weyland
3. Andy Robinson (tentative)
4. Chris Fessler (possible)
5. Danny Katz (Super or Ultimate)
6. KC Cha (tentative)

NFBC 12-Team Sprint Super Online League
$1,250 Entry Fee
1. Joe Berg
2. Michael O'Brien
3. Elliott Pell

NFBC New York MTM Invitational Ultimate/Super League
New York City
Saturday, July 18, 6 pm ET
1. Daniel Semsel
2. Mike Massotto
3. Jason Duponte
4. Jody Ryan
5. Michael Mager
6. Scott Fleming
7. Ante Meich
8. Anthony Palavis
9. David Einhorn
10. Samuel Horton
11. thomas eschenfelder
12. Leonard Ringle (O)
13. Marc Perlmutter
14. Joe Thelen
15. Craig Gebhard

I added a 12-Team Sprint Super Online League at half the price and prizes halved, so $9,000 for the league champion. If there's demand for a full $2,500 12-team league I can change it, but I thought this had the best chance with folks who love the 12-team format. Thanks.

Okay, nobody is officially signed up for any of these leagues and they can all contact me to take them all off the list or make them official. The Diamond League has a pretty good headstart, so let me know if you have any interest in that one. Sooner the better if you want to join the party.

Thanks all. We'll run whatever we can fill, so think it through and let us know. Stay well and thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Re: NFBC To Offer Sprint High-Stakes Contests

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm
Okay, we have two national contests on Registration for the 60-game sprint to the finish line: Main Event and Rotowire Online Championship. We've added Satellite Leagues, Qualifier Leagues, Best Ball private leagues and online auction private leagues. What's next?

Well, there are still some owners who want to compete in private high-dollar leagues, so let's take a look at the schedule and see what we can fit in and what we can fill. We don't have anything on Registration just yet as I'm talking with owners who were in these league before to see what kind of interest we have.

So previously we had a full Platinum League, a full Diamond League, a full Diamond Auction League, two full Ultimate Leagues, an Ultimate Auction League and five full 15-team Super Leagues and a full 12-team Super League. Those were the good ol' days!! :lol:

But with a 60-game season, it's going to be impossible to match that total. We've already eliminated the Platinum league and will try for one Diamond League. We don't have a draft date yet, but I'm thinking about Wednesday, July 22nd at 8 pm ET Online. We'll make sure we have a Zoom meeting room for this one as well so that folks can smack talk beforehand and one of us can provide some chatter during the draft. It will probably be me.

If we can't fill that league, we'll move to an Ultimate League. At this point through my conversations, I'm seeing interest in a Diamond and Supers, but not much inbetween. But let me know if anyone has interest at the $5,000 level. The Ultimate could be on Tuesday, July 21st at 8 pm ET or replace the Diamond on Wednesday night. We will try for a Super on Tuesday night as well and maybe Monday, July 20th at 8 pm ET if there's interest in two. The MTM Invitational in New York City will be a Super on Saturday, July 18th at 8 pm ET.

Okay, we don't have anyone signed up just yet, but here's folks who are interested. If you can't do it on these certain dates let me know and we'll try to figure out alternatives. But we have to put our marker in the sand go from there.

Thanks all and send feedback or interest to me at [email protected]. Good luck.

Here's the tentative schedule and interest list:

1. Glenn Schroter
4. Jim Ferrari
5. Doug Moe
6. Larry Schechter (tentative)
7. Matt Shepherd (tentative)
8. Joe Berg (tentative)
9. David DiDonato (possible)
10. Ken O'Brien (tentative)
11. Brad Miller (tentative)
12. Andy Robinson (tentative)

NFBC Ultimate Online League with Zoom
1. Danny Katz (Ultimate or Super)
2. Brad Miller (Ultimate or Diamond)
3. Jason Duponte (Ultimate or Super)

NFBC Super Online League
Monday, July 20, 8 pm ET
1. Gaetan Lavoie
2. Andy Robinson (tentative)
3. Jason Duponte (Super or Ultimate)
4. Chris Fessler (possible)
5. Danny Katz (Super or Ultimate)

NFBC 12-Team Sprint Super Online League
$1,250 Entry Fee
1. Joe Berg

I added a 12-Team Sprint Super Online League at half the price and prizes halved, so $10,000 for the league champion. If there's demand for a full $2,500 12-team league I can change it, but I thought this had the best chance with folks who love the 12-team format. Thanks.

Okay, nobody is officially signed up for any of these leagues and they can all contact me to take them all off the list or make them official. The Diamond League has a pretty good headstart, so let me know if you have any interest in that one. Sooner the better if you want to join the party.

Thanks all. We'll run whatever we can fill, so think it through and let us know. Stay well and thanks.
Hey Greg, just a slight correction. We are shooting for a 6:00 p.m. EST start time on Saturday, July 18th for the MTM Ultimate Super. This will give guys time to come in and out of the city without having things wrap too late for them to head home at a decent hour. Also looking to set up two-three live/on-line Mains all starting simultaneously at 1:00 p.m. EST prior to the MTM if I can arrange this to happen with a venue and depending upon demand and interest level. Hopefully we can make all of this work. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:14 pm

The NFBC 12-Team Sprint Super League at $1,250 per team and a $10,000 grand prize is now on Registration:

https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball?fo ... ,5870,60,1
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:57 am

Okay, great early response for the NFBC Sprint Diamond League despite the 60-game schedule. A lot will depend on the draft, so this should be wild. We will DEFINITELY create a Zoom meeting room for this draft and I'll be the moderator for sure. Can't wait.

Let me know if you have interest because we have 9 owners signed up right now and 5 on the tentative list. This would be awesome to fill this one up. Draft date is now set for Wednesday, July 23rd at 8 pm ET and we'll pay the Top 4 teams. Here we go:

1. Glenn Schroter
4. Jim Ferrari
5. Doug Moe
6. KC Cha
7. Ken O'Brien
8. Andy Robinson
9. Paul Jager
10. Larry Schechter (tentative)