THANK YOU!

DOUGHBOYS

THANK YOU!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am

Almost 10 months ago to the day, the PreMature League started drafting for the 2020 baseball season. Little did we know that we were drafting a team that would not begin play for almost a year.
(A brag for our PreMature Drafters- Without ADP or 'experts' help, our top 13 players and 15 of the top 17 in our first round matches the Main Event ADP)
Then March came.

The virus did its best impression of Lucy to the NFBC's Charlie Brown. It took away the ball just as we were about to have live drafts.
It was devastating.
For months afterwards, we cussed the virus.
We cussed baseball.
We cussed our sports-less world.
We cussed our circumstances.

Now, finally, the baseball season will start tomorrow.
Finally.
Even if it is only 60 fan-less games.
It is still a bone for us to chew on.
It feeds our appetite for sports and in particular for us, the enjoyment of having fantasy baseball.

Whatever we as players went through in waiting for this moment has to be magnified 10 times for Greg and the NFBC.
On the precipice of a record setting season, their signups were taken away.
One day in March they had it all, the next day, they had nothing.
Then for months, they were left twisting in the wind as baseball wasted precious time.
So much time that we are left with just those 60 games.

Through it all, the NFBC never wavered.
Through countless questions and concerns about what was to be determined, the NFBC made wise decisions about what to do with past-drafted leagues and the future course of drafts.
During this time, Greg himself hit the IL himself, but didn't let most of his clientele know.
Greg has built something more than impersonal leagues like ESPN and Yahoo can never match. Most of us know each other on a personal basis. Either through live drafts or a constant online basis.
The NFBC, quite simply, is like no other fantasy site in the world.

Greg,,,Tom...Darik...
I know you'll turn this around on us and say, "No, thank you!", but our heartiest 'THANK YOU!' goes out to you.
You fellas have answered the same question thousands of times.
You fellas have fixed our problems.
You fellas have looked over each and every draft making sure everybody was happy.
You fellas have perpetuated an addiction. And we love it.
So on the eve of baseball season, we thank you deeply for everything you have done to give us lemonade in a year that has been mostly lemons.

THANK YOU!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am

No, Thank You Dan!!!!

Very nice post and very touching. I've said this many times that this is a labor of love and I love this community more than anyone can imagine. This was a very testing season for all of us professionally and even personally as all three of us had/have been working through family issues. But it's all been worth it if MLB can pull this off.

Honestly, today for the first time since March 12th, I see a light on the horizon. I see a future for baseball fans and us as a country. MLB can show us that if we all are together on a mission, we can accomplish it. I know that sounds corny, but the players have bought into this unprecedented 60-game season and they seem to understand what it takes to get through this. Can't the rest of us learn from this and behave as well?

I think so. And that's why I see good things ahead. The NFBC not only isn't going away now, I don't think it's EVER going away!! This foundation is solid and we'll just keep building on it. Thanks all and let's enjoy this unique season ahead. And in just a little over 3 months from now, 2021 Draft Champions Leagues will be starting!!! :lol: Onward and Upward everyone!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks Dan. That's very kind of you to say. It seems like another lifetime ago that Greg and I landed in New York, saw everything going on (like the mad rush by people at the Stewart Hotel to leave the city after the Big East Tournament was cancelled) and made the difficult decision to cancel all of our Live Events in NY, Vegas and Chicago. That was a painful decision but one we felt we had no other choice but to make. Everything was happening and changing so quickly due to the virus our only thoughts were to figure out when we were going to get back and when normalcy might return.

The bad news is four months later we still aren't back to completely normal but the good news is we have sports slowly returning with Opening Day still a go for tomorrow. And that has meant the NFBC has returned to life with a massive influx of signups since we re-opened just three weeks ago. In the span of 21 days, we've sold out both the Main Event and the RotoWire Online Championship plus a host of more leagues for the 60-game season. I only have one word to say to all that ...

WOW.

Wow in terms of the number of signups we've gotten and Wow to all of the ways the NFBC community has shown its support for Greg, myself and Darik. As Greg has said many times, this isn't just something we do for kicks, this is our job. We do this because we genuinely love what we do and to see what has all occurred in the NFBC the past three weeks from all the signups to the Zoom drafts and even two leagues in New York City (many thanks to Mike Massotto and David Einhorn) this community has shown its resolve and its love of the game. It's been impressive and the response certainly has been far greater than I anticipated when the 60-game season was officially announced.

Thanks again to everyone in the NFBC community and thanks again Dan for the post. I really do appreciate it. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:14 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am
Almost 10 months ago to the day, the PreMature League started drafting for the 2020 baseball season. Little did we know that we were drafting a team that would not begin play for almost a year.
(A brag for our PreMature Drafters- Without ADP or 'experts' help, our top 13 players and 15 of the top 17 in our first round matches the Main Event ADP)
Then March came.

The virus did its best impression of Lucy to the NFBC's Charlie Brown. It took away the ball just as we were about to have live drafts.
It was devastating.
For months afterwards, we cussed the virus.
We cussed baseball.
We cussed our sports-less world.
We cussed our circumstances.

Now, finally, the baseball season will start tomorrow.
Finally.
Even if it is only 60 fan-less games.
It is still a bone for us to chew on.
It feeds our appetite for sports and in particular for us, the enjoyment of having fantasy baseball.

Whatever we as players went through in waiting for this moment has to be magnified 10 times for Greg and the NFBC.
On the precipice of a record setting season, their signups were taken away.
One day in March they had it all, the next day, they had nothing.
Then for months, they were left twisting in the wind as baseball wasted precious time.
So much time that we are left with just those 60 games.

Through it all, the NFBC never wavered.
Through countless questions and concerns about what was to be determined, the NFBC made wise decisions about what to do with past-drafted leagues and the future course of drafts.
During this time, Greg himself hit the IL himself, but didn't let most of his clientele know.
Greg has built something more than impersonal leagues like ESPN and Yahoo can never match. Most of us know each other on a personal basis. Either through live drafts or a constant online basis.
The NFBC, quite simply, is like no other fantasy site in the world.

Greg,,,Tom...Darik...
I know you'll turn this around on us and say, "No, thank you!", but our heartiest 'THANK YOU!' goes out to you.
You fellas have answered the same question thousands of times.
You fellas have fixed our problems.
You fellas have looked over each and every draft making sure everybody was happy.
You fellas have perpetuated an addiction. And we love it.
So on the eve of baseball season, we thank you deeply for everything you have done to give us lemonade in a year that has been mostly lemons.

THANK YOU!
+1

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Dan, thank you! I think both Greg and Tom summed it up pretty well, as did you. I'm just lucky to be a part of all this, and feel blessed everyday. Now, just give me that Bo Bichette MVP season :D

Can't. Wait. Until. Thursday. PLAY BALL!

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:17 pm

Greg, Tom and Darik great job. Let's play ball!!!