Florida Man ruins 2020 MLB Season (RIP)

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Florida Man ruins 2020 MLB Season (RIP)

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Fingers crossed but tomorrow could be the first time in almost three weeks that all 30 MLB teams play on the same day. The St. Louis Cardinals are expected to return tomorrow with a doubleheader at Chicago against the White Sox. They are going to play seven doubleheaders the rest of the way to bring them to 58 games played and they could play a doubleheader on Monday, Sept. 28th against the Tigers if needed for playoff implications. WOW.

This is a crazy schedule, but it's better than leaving the Cardinals behind. We'll see if MLB can keep all teams coronavirus-free the rest of the way.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Fingers crossed but tomorrow could be the first time in almost three weeks that all 30 MLB teams play on the same day. The St. Louis Cardinals are expected to return tomorrow with a doubleheader at Chicago against the White Sox. They are going to play seven doubleheaders the rest of the way to bring them to 58 games played and they could play a doubleheader on Monday, Sept. 28th against the Tigers if needed for playoff implications. WOW.

This is a crazy schedule, but it's better than leaving the Cardinals behind. We'll see if MLB can keep all teams coronavirus-free the rest of the way.

Greg - would a sept 28th double header count for NFBC purposes?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Hey, we’re almost back to normal. DeGrom scratched with INJURY (not Covid related). His owners take a big fat zero this week the old fashioned way.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Greg - would a sept 28th double header count for NFBC purposes?
Of course. We are mirroring MLB's regular season and those are regular season games. There are no play-in games this year for the playoff spots, but those would be regular season games and would be counted.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:20 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Blame me for this one as I spoke too soon: Saturday and Sunday's Reds-Pirates games are now postponed because 1 player tested positive from Cincinnati. It's possible that they play a doubleheader on Monday, but that won't help folks this weekend.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Ha! No blame for you Greg. Covid is 100% out of your control. I’d still vote for you to be MLB commish and right the ship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:44 am

Gekko wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:11 pm
Ha! No blame for you Greg. Covid is 100% out of your control. I’d still vote for you to be MLB commish and right the ship
I've already stated that my campaign speech for Commissioner would involve vasectomies for those players who step out of line. It would also involve vasectomies for those owners who don't agree to field winners at all times and do what's good for the growth of the game. I also want to get more female owners involved, so I might have to think about my punishment for them when that happens. :lol: But I'll come up with something!! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius