Tigers Pitchers Locked

steveymer2

Tigers Pitchers Locked

Post by steveymer2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Since the Tigers haven't played yet this week, shouldn't we still be able to move their pitchers in and out of lineups?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Tigers Pitchers Locked

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:11 pm

steveymer2 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm
Since the Tigers haven't played yet this week, shouldn't we still be able to move their pitchers in and out of lineups?
So I apologize for not understanding this before, but obviously we are in unique territory this year. All pitchers automatically lock on Fridays so that nobody can take them out of their starting lineups for the weekend. Only hitters can be moved on Fridays and our software locks all pitchers automatically on Friday after the previous night's games are done.

This also happened last week when the Marlins didn't play a game from Monday to Sunday. Sorry, but we didn't plan ahead for teams missing Monday through Friday or Monday through Saturday and still having their pitchers unlocked. So we need to promote this going forward to all of our players because it's possible this could happen a few more times.

Sorry about the Tigers. Sorry about the Cardinals. Not good for any of us.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

steveymer2

Post by steveymer2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Got it. The tone of your response suggests there's no way around it, but just want to make sure: Is there no way to manually override that? I've got a couple of teams with both Jimenez and Tunbull. The Tigers didn't announce their rotation, so I had Jimenez in initially. Now that Tunbull is confirmed for Sunday I'd like to swap him in for Jimenez. Even more than most years, there will be a lot leagues decided by a W, a couple of Ks, or a few points of ratios ...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Sorry. Programmed for Friday's to lock and I understand why. Can't override it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Why are they programmed to lock on Fridays? It’s not like you can move a pitcher who had already pitched into the lineup. You should still have the choice up until those players first games correct?